Build.prop customisation question?

Guest trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

Hi all,

I came across these two lines of code a few days ago in a build.prop file but the life of me can not find where it came from so can not provide details besides I copied them over to my backup build.prop file... So, I was wondering whether these lines of code can be used for CM9 ports?... Currently, I've tried adding these lines of code into my current devices build.prop file, but it seems nothing happens/changes... Would like to know what these are for as I would love to have a couple more of default sounds set to the applied android apps :P

Thanks...

ro.config.cal_notification= ... I'm assuming this configures the default calendar notification?

ro.config.msg_notification= ... Hoping this configures the messaging (mms.apk) app notification?

Guest trueno2k

Hi all,

I came across these two lines of code a few days ago in a build.prop file but the life of me can not find where it came from so can not provide details besides I copied them over to my backup build.prop file... So, I was wondering whether these lines of code can be used for CM9 ports?... Currently, I've tried adding these lines of code into my current devices build.prop file, but it seems nothing happens/changes... Would like to know what these are for as I would love to have a couple more of default sounds set to the applied android apps :P

Thanks...

ro.config.cal_notification= ... I'm assuming this configures the default calendar notification?

ro.config.msg_notification= ... Hoping this configures the messaging (mms.apk) app notification?

BUMP!... Any one that can help with the above post please?... Would be much appreciate the response :P

Guest plegdroid

Hi all,

Thanks...

evening.

ro.config cal notification is calander notification( default)

and yes ro.config msg, is the( default) sms notification.

you need to assign an ogg file at the end like...

ro.config.msg_notification_sound=Acrux.ogg

all your ogg files are in, system/ media/audio, have a play with some of the ogg files..

hope this helps :)

:)

edit, had a play with the lines, they stick, if you add the word "sound " after notification_ ,but me thinking it would only change to these after a wipe of user data to reset the defaults???

Edited by plegdroid

Guest trueno2k

evening.

ro.config cal notification is calander notification( default)

and yes ro.config msg, is the( default) sms notification.

you need to assign an ogg file at the end like...

ro.config.msg_notification_sound=Acrux.ogg

all your ogg files are in, system/ media/audio, have a play with some of the ogg files..

hope this helps :)

:)

edit, had a play with the lines, they stick, if you add the word "sound " after notification_ ,but me thinking it would only change to these after a wipe of user data to reset the defaults???

I just flashed a new later version of ICS AOKP from burstlam with the above two lines added into the build.prop file with the _sound added at the end of notification and when I looked into the settings of each app the default ringtone was pointing to the ringtone that this command "ro.config.notification_sound=" is using... I still had to change the notification manually to the preferred ringtone... any more suggestions?...

Edited by trueno2k