Compiling CM9 (and maybe CM10) for Blade

Guest sej7278

Guest tilal6991

Sorry. Didn't mean to.

So what you mean is when a call arrives it is just a black screen ie. the screen doesn't turn on?

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Guest tilal6991

Right. I had that problem once on my Skate but when I tried to replicaate it it didn't happen again.

Strange...

Sent from my U8150 using Tapatalk

Guest shmizan

you should know that it happens on burstlam latest CM9+AOKP, reported by multiple users and he's aware of it, and for me every time I build CM9. TomG couldn't reproduce it either but I'm thinking it's due to him doing a dirty install.

fully wiping should definitely bring this up to you too.

Guest tilal6991

However I have seen this issue before on my U8150. Try raising the minimum CPU frequency to 480 and change to on demand.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Guest shmizan

that's very awkward. then I shall have a go at your build when you put it out.

the fact that it happened to sej (who cured it in some mysterious way), to me and to bustlam suggest that something's wrong.

I'll try what you suggest. my SDCard is being silly right now and ejects every time I mount it on Windows.

Edited by shmizan

Guest sej7278

However I have seen this issue before on my U8150. Try raising the minimum CPU frequency to 480 and change to on demand.

ouch, that's going to kill battery life! my phone's already set to ondemand (but 122mhz min, now set to 245mhz min)

any idea where the source to the camera fixes (and possibly working openmax?) is, typical xda it only links to roms.....

my phone still has issues with answering, i have to wave it around a bit for the light sensor to figure out i've picked it up, surprised the gyroscope doesn't handle that - or use the thumb over the sensor trick.

Edited by sej7278

Guest sej7278

I don't think we need that. The commit to fix preview shouldn't do it but I haven't checked.

just using the changes to cameraHal.cpp doesn't work (and copying the 3 *.so files) trying another build with these changed:

# modified: BoardConfig.mk

# modified: include/linux/ashmem.h

# modified: libcamera/Android.mk

# modified: libcamera/cameraHal.cpp

# modified: libcamera/msm_camera.h

# modified: proprietary-files.txt

# modified: ueventd.blade.rc

plus blade-vendor-blobs.mk and the new libcamera.so

i give up, i can't get it to work from source or from just copying libcamera.so

Edited by sej7278

Guest asm19

just using the changes to cameraHal.cpp doesn't work (and copying the 3 *.so files) trying another build with these changed:

# modified: BoardConfig.mk

# modified: include/linux/ashmem.h

# modified: libcamera/Android.mk

# modified: libcamera/cameraHal.cpp

# modified: libcamera/msm_camera.h

# modified: proprietary-files.txt

# modified: ueventd.blade.rc

plus blade-vendor-blobs.mk and the new libcamera.so

i give up, i can't get it to work from source or from just copying libcamera.so

Modify the above files and did not work? I am now going tochange and compile the following, not worth it?

Guest sej7278

Modify the above files and did not work? I am now going tochange and compile the following, not worth it?

didn't work for me, once camera app wouldnn't even start, next attempt couldn't connect to camera.

i'm confused as tilal says it just needs the new hal (which should be this lot) but then he's saying he's not tried the source just the new lib (and there's 3 new libs really!)

libcamera.so hasn't changed since before the preview fix was committed (unless there's something on xda that's not made it to github yet) so simply copying libcamera.so into place doesn't work.

Edited by sej7278

Guest asm19

The guys of p500 changed much more than the cameraHal.cpp. And yes, it also saw new libs. sej7278, you basically made ​​the port full of them, right?

Guest smg22rus

No no. I downloaded the rom for the p500. And copied the camera.p500.so file to /system/lib/hw with the appropriate renaming.

Prewiev work, but camera dont work =( freez then shoot.