[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Hi Tom, I send minor changes if any of them will seem useful for your ROM, as I doesn't seem right that I post it:

http://www.mediafire...6l5gzz58x69p542

ROM with all included:

http://www.mediafire...z2vpuas9mtl5o5p

Sorry, I tried to send it you by pm but I couldn't

Where did you get those from? They're all seemingly CM, as for bundling gapps, that in my mind is not the right way to do it as its violating Google's terms and conditions - CM got hammered by Google for bundling gapps into it a while ago (cease and desist letter by google's legal team) hence I omitted it and pointed to an external linky to download it from there.

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest ilopez85

Where did you get those from? They're all seemingly CM, as for bundling gapps, that in my mind is not the right way to do it as its violating Google's terms and conditions - CM got hammered by Google for bundling gapps into it a while ago (cease and desist letter by google's legal team) hence I omitted it and pointed to an external linky to download it from there.

I was unaware of problems with Google, sorry, I will remove the link to the ROM now

EDIT: I noticed that the ringer volume automatically lowers in the latest version, and small cuts while playing audio

Edited by ilopez85

Guest t0mm13b

Have updated the ROM now, on the 2nd post, small change really - GPS reboot which is confirmed to be cured by ilopez85 :)

Guest t0mm13b

Am trying out animations for rotations taken from ics as per this review here and here ... wonder what it will look like :D

Edit: Will upload a video to youtube shortly if I can get this filming... the animations are there and does look slick... but double flips on rotation... :D

Edit#2: Double flip cured.... :D

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Please take a look at the video in which it demonstrates the ICS transitions.

Forgive the lack of sound and quality of the video during the demo :D

As its late for me... I will upload the build later on :D

If you do not like it - I will happily revert it :P

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest jimsie

Hi, thanks for the great rom, works a treat :) Had a few gps reboots in copilot live 9 but seems to have sorted itself out :)

Guest jimsie

Also forgot to change wifi sleep policy before going to bed last night. Woke up to no data allowance as was downloading copilot map! Oops! Bolt on added, another 500mb to use on holiday :)

Guest t0mm13b

Just tried using wifi tether, caused reboot. Anyone else had the same problem?

Will send a logcat when i get a chance.

Here's the logcat https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxWsd_ZrJXHgV2tBdDRwODE2d1U

Many thanks for that invaluable logcat - I can tell where and pinpoint the source :)

Now, jimsie - would you like the build to have ics animations or regular, specifically for you to try out the wifi tethering ? :D

Guest jimsie

Will download when i can get the kids off the pc. Have been using ics but was having trouble with copilot. Opted for your nice lite rom:)

How can you get a longer logcat? As in cmd it only saves so much.

Guest t0mm13b

Will download when i can get the kids off the pc. Have been using ics but was having trouble with copilot. Opted for your nice lite rom:)

How can you get a longer logcat? As in cmd it only saves so much.

From the cmd window:

adb logcat > jimsie_logcat.txt[/CODE]

When done after a few minutes or later, hit [i][b]Ctrl+C[/b][/i] inside the cmd window to terminate output of logcat :)

Guest t0mm13b

Do you have to do a full wipe or can you flash over the top?

It is really down to personal decision - a wipe would minimize any catastrophic side effects such as some stock apps f/c as result of cache mismatches if installing without a wipe that is... :)

I use Titanium Backup to do the app restore - and it works, sure it may be a tad bit painful in having to do a restore, be better to do clean wipe and restore apps rather than installing on top without flashing to find that the rom "appears" crashing... :)

Guest jimsie

Have downloaded and installed, had to do a full wipe, maybe because I use s2e. Now reinstalling apps. Will let you know how it goes :)

Thanks for the logcat info, will give that a go too.

Guest jimsie

It is really down to personal decision - a wipe would minimize any catastrophic side effects such as some stock apps f/c as result of cache mismatches if installing without a wipe that is... :)

I use Titanium Backup to do the app restore - and it works, sure it may be a tad bit painful in having to do a restore, be better to do clean wipe and restore apps rather than installing on top without flashing to find that the rom "appears" crashing... :)

Yes Titanium backup really helps, saves hours trawling through the market :). Yes, stock apps were a pain. Any chance of a basic file explorer in the build?

Guest t0mm13b

Yes Titanium backup really helps, saves hours trawling through the market :). Yes, stock apps were a pain. Any chance of a basic file explorer in the build?

Will look and see if I can find a nice open source filemanager to go with it :)

Edit: Have found this Filemanager which is also used in CM, so will go with this :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest jimsie

Yes that's an ok file manager, have seen it in a few roms. Just needed something to install Titanium backup and other side loaded apps on the memory card.

I'm liking the ICS transitions. Wifi tether still a no go :( on Holiday this week, just hope they have wifi for my tablet.

Guest t0mm13b

Yes that's an ok file manager, have seen it in a few roms. Just needed something to install Titanium backup and other side loaded apps on the memory card.

I'm liking the ICS transitions. Wifi tether still a no go :( on Holiday this week, just hope they have wifi for my tablet.

Have not yet uploaded a fresh build to fix the wifi, in fact, am building it right now :)

Guest jimsie

Have not yet uploaded a fresh build to fix the wifi, in fact, am building it right now :)

Having problems with no gps fix on the ICS transition rom. Where are the gps files stored in the system so I can try and copy over the files from build 15 in root explorer to see if that fixes the problem.

Might revert back to build 15 till I get back off holiday, we'll see :)

Edited by jimsie

Guest jimsie

@jimsie:

Here's the latest with both Wifi Fix and FileManager integrated with ICS animations - can you let me know if wifi tether works til then :)

Thanks, will download and have a play with it while i'm on holiday, will update you in the week sometime, signal dependent or wifi :)

Guest jimsie

Hello, wifi tether fixed, many thanks :) Took a few attempts to set up and connect. File manager a great help. Had problems on build 15 with gps fix, managed to find a gps fix zip on another forum which sorted that out. Have yet to try gps on 16. Will try and let you know. Thanks again :)

Guest t0mm13b

Hello, wifi tether fixed, many thanks :) Took a few attempts to set up and connect. File manager a great help. Had problems on build 15 with gps fix, managed to find a gps fix zip on another forum which sorted that out. Have yet to try gps on 16. Will try and let you know. Thanks again :)

Great to hear! :)

What other forum are you referring to in relation to gps fix zip?