[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest thanhlonely

Thanks for great rom. It's stable, fast. But I have two things need your help.

The fist is the zoom function in gallery, I can not use two fingers to zoom in or out which can be used in original rom.

The second is the google play, I want to install it but don't know how to do.

Pls help me this case

Guest jimsie

Think the gps fix was somewhere else on modaco, just done a search for blade gps fix.

For play market i downloaded from goo.im gapps for gingerbread. As for the stock gallery don't think it had pinch to zoom. I use quickpic which has :)

Guest t0mm13b

Thanks for great rom. It's stable, fast. But I have two things need your help.

The fist is the zoom function in gallery, I can not use two fingers to zoom in or out which can be used in original rom.

The second is the google play, I want to install it but don't know how to do.

Pls help me this case

Great you like it, regarding google play, when you install the gapps, it will update itself to google play eventually, I say eventually in the loosest sense of word, for me it takes about 10 minutes, mileage will vary.

I will look into that gallery zoom... :)

Guest ilopez85

Personally I find three interesting features to be included in the ROM (energy widgets in the status bar too) while being "AOSP".

Edited by ilopez85

Guest t0mm13b

I will be pushing out a new version of this rom which will be built against the newer GCC 4.7.x toolchain.

Up to now, the build was done with the old GCC 4.6.3 toolchain as when the newer toolchain first came out, the build broke much to my annoyance. (I use ArchLinux fwiw)

It will have the pinch-to-zoom fix in the gallery also :)

Guest t0mm13b

The ICS transitions look good!I was wondering what difference it makes compiling using a newer toolchain?Thanks! :)

To be honest - have not noticed much difference in the toolchain, its more rather the host binaries which does the magic on the android code and re-targetting it for the ARM, it did nearly break the 64bit setup...

archlinux's pacman did a partial upgrade on it (there was over 600Mb of upgrades) but borked the entire boot process..udev got upgraded but was on the old kernel and no drivers would load! Also had gcc libs both for 64bit and 32bit via multilib which messed up the pacman upgrade...It survived though by sheer luck, had to modprobe the network driver (it did not have net connectivity) and sort of nearly panicked when it couldn't find the network, modprobe'd it, then it went on its merry way to upgrade - tell ya, trying to keep cool... ha! Gnome 3.4 looks nice though - have to say :D lol

Guest thanhlonely

Just upgraded to the lasted ROM. I'm very impressed by long battery life in version 15. Hope this thing still be kept.

I'll try and report if meet any problem.

Thanks again for great rom

Edited by thanhlonely

Guest jimsie

Will be downloading the new build tomorrow when i get home :) will keep you posted! Has anyone read about google music and deauthorizing devices? Read an article on androidica i think it was about the number of times you can deauthorize a device, bit of a bugger when you try out custom roms.

Guest thanhlonely

Hi T0mm13b, I just met new problem in newest version.

If I don't setup Google account, I can't import contact from SDcard & Sim card and can't add new contact. I can't use SIM contact either. (can not do anything with phone contact)

After I setup Google account, now I can add new contact and the phone automatic sync with Google contact.

In the original rom, I can use sim contact or add new contact without Google account

Pls help me to check this. Thanks

P/s: Now I can manage it by installing SIM contact on Google play

Edited by thanhlonely

Guest t0mm13b

I also noticed random reboots with WhatsApp 2.7.7948 while I'm writing messages

Hmmm... the latest on google play store is 2.7.7532 so am not sure.. could it be a bug in the whatsapp in not releasing the wifi wakelock which causes "random reboots", of course googling for that specific version is leading to linkys for the cracked apps version...?!

Guest hecatae
I also noticed random reboots with WhatsApp 2.7.7948 while I'm writing messages

What benefits does that version bring as it's not on Google play

Guest k.d.11

Does the original AOSP browser not support downloads from the usual file sharing type sites (Mediafire etc)?I never had much use of it until now so i didn't realise but whenever i try a download it shows a download unsuccesful or something in the notification bar it doesn't even try to download!Why i'm saying this is because this doesn't happen with the browser in cm7..Well ofcourse i can shift to another browser but just out of curiosity is it supposed to be like this?

Guest magikstar29

hello,

is it normal that the power control bar widget doesn't have the data on/off?

what's F-Droid?

Edited by magikstar29

Guest mojones

After Swedish snow, This rom rocks, Gave me a lot of more signal strenght on my blade. The only bad thing on this rom its the status bar. The rest its the best,

I tried to install konstat 14 toogle status bar but after installing, the status bar crashes always

Guest t0mm13b

hello,

is it normal that the power control bar widget doesn't have the data on/off?

Yes :D

what's F-Droid?

A alternative repository for apks, mostly open source :)

Check out this linky.

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Wanna try this rom...

How is incall volume in this rom? it's acceptable? I always have problems with low in-call volume.

You'll have to ask around as I don't use the in-call functionality - more of texting that's all...

(am deaf that's why ... hate them bloody phones :P)

Guest t0mm13b

I noticed that the fonts Clockopia, DroidSans and DroidSans-Bold are the same, these are the two different ones from ICS:

Clockopia (AndroidClock): http://www.mediafire...d67pscmcrn94lv5

DroidSans-Bold (Roboto-Bold): http://www.mediafire...pd7aiwvbu59s92r

Oh yeah, all I can is oopppps! :D :D

If you need to do fix up the glaring error:

Connect usb cable to handset.

adb remount

Push the two font files across

adb push Clockopia.ttf /system/fonts

adb push DroidSans-Bold.ttf /system/fonts

And err.... :D long press the power button and reboot :D

Cheers for that :D

Edited by t0mm13b