[GEN2/European] AOSP GB 2.3.7 / t0mm13bROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

About the kitten, leave it there, it gives some color to the web page! :rolleyes:

About the battery, maybe t0mm13b is using the libs (libaudio, libcamera, libcopybit, libril, etc.) that were in CM7 also. I always suspected that the CM7 battery drainage was from those libs.. But maybe t0mm13b can explain it better!

João Ventura

Yes I am using the cm7's device/zte/blade tree in this :)

Guest t0mm13b

T0mm13b,

do you have the source code of this ROM on a online repository, or plan to share it?

I would like to "mess" around it too (I've messed around CM7 for a while, some PT translations, etc., but the battery drainage kept me far from it). I also would like to see how do you compile it for ZTE Blade. I've tried one day to get the AOSP source code, but stalled when it was to compile, because I didn't knew how to "brunch" it (I was too much accustomed to CM7!). Are you using CM7 brunch and similar tools to compile your ROM?

Thanks,

João Ventura

No, there is no cm7 specific brunch/build stuff since its AOSP. I have refrained from using any other CM7 specific build mechanisms, its more of the following:

1. . build/envsetup.sh

2. lunch

3. make -j5

Really, all the standard building instructions as you would find are located here :)

It will be later on I will put it out on github at some stage when I get the chance :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest evilbrain

Well. Sensors are working, yes. But backlight auto correction is not.

Backlight actually works, but it is so sluggish that you have to hold the phone 5minutes in the sun for the screen to go brighter. Could you try to make it better, tomm13b? :)

Guest jventura

No, there is no cm7 specific brunch/build stuff since its AOSP. I have refrained from using any other CM7 specific build mechanisms, its more of the following:

1. . build/envsetup.sh

2. lunch

3. make -j5

Really, all the standard building instructions as you would find are located here :)

It will be later on I will put it out on github at some stage when I get the chance :)

Hi again Tom,

as I said, I was so accquainted to CM7 build mechanism that I could not compile the AOSP! Not even how to start preparing the build environment.. :blink:

But glad you did it, and it would be great if you could share it, first because it seems that you have already made some changes to the code and also because you "solved" what I could not (I admit that I haven't tried thaaat much..). :rolleyes:

Thanks,

João Ventura

Guest k.d.11

Hey since the rom is aosp and not stock and not cm7 i was wondering that when i am compiling a kernel for it will i compile vmsplit 2g or vmsplit 3g? Thanks

Guest t0mm13b

Hey since the rom is aosp and not stock and not cm7 i was wondering that when i am compiling a kernel for it will i compile vmsplit 2g or vmsplit 3g? Thanks

ROM is AOSP and is stock! :)

All kernels are compiled with vmsplit3g. CM7 did give the option of vmsplit2g but its the end of the road for that memory model as now is 3g as "de-facto" for the blade. :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest d_borghi

bluetooth doesn't work band google apps too (android market).....

edit: i installed 20120413 release and market works.

Edited by d_borghi

Guest evilbrain

A weird thing happened today. I connected my phone to charge via USB and turned on bluetooth to connect to my bt headset (sx907c if it's any help). I had somewhere about three reboots until the headset managed to connect. I had never had such problems before and it seems weird. Does anyone notice something weird about bluetooth too? :)

Guest t0mm13b

AOSP GB 2.3.7 compatible kernels and wifi, flash it via CWM:

AOSP Kernel #2:

CM 7.1.0 Kernel #67:

CM 7.2.0 RC0 Kernel #77:

CM 7.2.0 RC1 Kernel #26:

CM 7.2.0 RC1 Kernel #93:

ZTE Blade Settings with new icon:

This is inappropriate to be hijacking this thread with non AOSP related ROMs in here, can you please move it to a new thread - thanks :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest d_borghi

nothing. my bluetooth in zte blade china unicomm doesn't work.

help me pls because this is the Best rom i have ever tried, better than swedish snow.

tnx

db

Guest t0mm13b

nothing. my bluetooth in zte blade china unicomm doesn't work.

help me pls because this is the Best rom i have ever tried, better than swedish snow.

tnx

db

I will be putting out a new version of t0mm13bROM shortly which should, hopefully fix up the Bluetooth and performance tweaks to the graphics..

Guest t0mm13b

ok. thn i'il be waiting tor a new release that will fix BT problema.

tnx

db

I'll have to warn - this upload will be considered an experimental release (do not treat this as a day-to-day release) until I get the BT ironed out - so am counting on you to verify and check for me :)

I am currently uploading to dropbox ... so will ask for a volunteer to mirror it shortly so not to get the usual cry-foul from dropbox ;)

Edit:

Its here on dropbox... any kind volunteer would like to mirror this? :)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Sulthekk

I'll have to warn - this upload will be considered an experimental release (do not treat this as a day-to-day release) until I get the BT ironed out - so am counting on you to verify and check for me :)

I am currently uploading to dropbox ... so will ask for a volunteer to mirror it shortly so not to get the usual cry-foul from dropbox ;)

Edit:

Its here on dropbox... any kind volunteer would like to mirror this? :)

Mirroring... :)

Guest t0mm13b

Temporary mirror until mediafire finishes uploading - hopefully in a few minutes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4wt20btequz6j0c

Link replaced with mediafire. Happy downloading. :)

Cheers guys :)

P.S: There's a bug in the Zte Blade Settings app... bear with me, this is experimental... (Who said once, that programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for life ... le sigh :D )

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Sulthekk

Cheers guys :)

P.S: (Who said once, that programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for life ... le sigh :D )

I thought that hacking is like sex: get in, get out, without leaving anything inside that may be tracked back to you. :)

Guest t0mm13b

As soon as I get feedback on the BT status, let me know. Meanwhile, to remove the buggy version of Zte Blade Settings, do this:

• Plug in USB cable
  • Issue the command to remount the system as re-writeable,
    adb remount
  • Issue the command to remove the apk from the system,
    adb shell rm /system/app/ZteBlade.apk
  • Issue the command to remount the system as read-only,
    adb remount
  • Reboot the handset to clear it!
Then, un-tar/un-gzip the attached, install the apk by way of this, remember to plug in the USB cable before proceeding:
adb install ZteBlade-signed.apk

I will publish the source to github soon ;)

t0mm13bROM_ZteBladeAPK.tar.gz