CWM 5.x.x.x with ext4 support question?

Guest trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

I thought I just create a new OP regarding the above request, below is a copied piece of the follow LINK posted in the CWM stickied post...

Hey all, and a good morning as well,

Was just wondering whether anyone is willing to port over CWM 5.0.2.7 to the Skate, I've got a HTC Wildfire and I've fastbooted CWM 5.0.2.7 on to it and noticed that it can partition ext 2, 3 & 4 partitions on you SDcards... I think this would be a great addition to the Skate and it saves us from messing around with adb commands and manually partitioning sdcards using guides shown on the net just to get ext3 & 4 partitions...

So, hows about it guyz and girlz?... Please someone take you the challenge!?...

EDIT: On similar note, was just wondering whether anyone here is having difficulty with booting up into CWM 5.5.0.4 from cold start (using MENU & VOL+ & POWER)?... None of the hard keys on my OMC are working when I boot up this way... Only way I can do so, is to boot in from my ROM or boot in after a fresh TPT with CWM 5.5.0.4 on it, once in, I must use reboot recovery option to keep CWM to back in CWM if I want to stay in...

Seems the stickied thread I posted in isn't getting any responses, so here a fresh one!...

Thanks to all who respond

:P

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

Blade? lol

My Bad!... :P

I'm trying to get support for both the Blade and the Skate as I've got no skills currently to get the job done quickly and this is why I'm asking for help :P ... Just to clarify I would love to get CWM which supports ext4 natively and also creates them on sdcards, that is the main aim of my request, not too bothered about the other features unless I find them useful in the future builds...

Okay, changed the poll from Blade to Skate :D

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

My Bad!... :P

I'm trying to get support for both the Blade and the Skate as I've got no skills currently to get the job done quickly and this is why I'm asking for help :P ... Just to clarify I would love to get CWM which supports ext4 natively and also creates them on sdcards, that is the main aim of my request, not too bothered about the other features unless I find them useful in the future builds...

Okay, changed the poll from Blade to Skate :D

Looking like there really is no interest in this thread?!?!?... I'm assuming there is no one in this forum that is interested in doing a ext4 supported CWM?... I don't really know who compiled the Wildfire version, but it really is helpful to nandroid backup the ext4 partition and ext4 creations on sdcards, as it gets me nandroid restore of my roms that was setup with ext4 partitions... PLEASE, some one take up the challenge?... :P Much appreciate it!... :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dibbles
EDIT: On similar note, was just wondering whether anyone here is having difficulty with booting up into CWM 5.5.0.4 from cold start (using MENU & VOL+ & POWER)?... None of the hard keys on my OMC are working when I boot up this way... Only way I can do so, is to boot in from my ROM or boot in after a fresh TPT with CWM 5.5.0.4 on it, once in, I must use reboot recovery option to keep CWM to back in CWM if I want to stay in...

That is the main reason why I have stuck with the version 4 release as that works fine. For me CWM 4 does everything that I need it to.

Guest trueno2k
I don't really see the point in doing it. CWM 4.x.x.x works just fine doesn't it? :P Don't know how to port stuff anyway.
You're missing the point in my request!... I have a HTC Wildfire with CWM 5.0.2.7 which for some reason supports ext4 creation on any sdcard fitted in the Wildfire, and I would like that function to work in CWM 5.x.x.x and if my memory serves me right, CWM 5.5.x.x all support ext4 backup & restoring and CWM 4.x.x.x doesn't!...

That is the main reason why I have stuck with the version 4 release as that works fine. For me CWM 4 does everything that I need it to.
I must of written my post incorrectly at the time... The correct button combination is HOME + VOL UP + POWER ( someone else reminded me but I can't remember now who it was who told me )... I'm using it right now flashing ICS CFX rom on to my handset and so far flashing with no problems, backing up and restoring backups as expected, etc etc... I just can't create ext4 partitions using this CWM... However, it doesn't really matter now as, I'm just gonna have to do it the hard way and use my Wildfire to create the ext4 partitions on each sdcard...

As there is no person interested in compiling such a CWM with full ext4 support then this topic can be close until some dev decides that ext4 creation within CWM is useful after all :P

Cheers all for your time, input, and opinions... L8rs ;)