It's Q2, any news on LG ICS update?

Guest sane?

Guest sane?

Well, in theory LG are supposed to be producing the ICS update for the 2X in Q2 of 2012. It's April, so has anyone heard anything, seen signs of any betas (Paul?)

Progress with the CM9 variant ROMs seems to be significant, but they still have issues with particular hardware/software elements - which probably aren't going to get fixed until some from of LG code drops.

It would be nice to see ICS before Jelly Bean is released.....

Guest maniac2003

According to LG webcare The Netherlands the release is planned for Q3. They told me this yesterday.

Edited by maniac2003

Guest sane?

According to LG webcare The Netherlands the release is planned for Q3. They told me this yesterday.

Hmm, well their posting on their Facebook page said Q2.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=334420639902596

So either right hand doesn't know what the left is doing (again), or they have delayed the launch of yet another OS update and not told people.

Maybe they are thinking end of Q2/beginning of Q3?

Guest Cameron Eldridge

Hmm, well their posting on their Facebook page said Q2.

http://www.facebook....334420639902596

So either right hand doesn't know what the left is doing (again), or they have delayed the launch of yet another OS update and not told people.

Maybe they are thinking end of Q2/beginning of Q3?

If they say Q3 you know it will be at least the END of Q3 mad.gif ......

Guest maniac2003

Could be, they were not more specific then Q3. Androidworld (Dutch website) earlier said Q3 also, so I was curious about the releasedate. Their tweet about the new ROM was a perfect time to ask.

Guest Peterfdevries

Since LG brought out a recent update of GINGERBREAD, I'm afraid that a (pre-)release is going to be far, far away. It's such a shame...

Guest vrowdy

Yes, I also think they mean the end of Q3 2013.

I'm sorry, but I won't be getting an LG phone ever again. It's the worst mistake phone-wise I've ever made.

The software is just crap. Stock has issues, CM7 fixes those issues but has other issues that stock doesn't have and so forth. It's annoying if you want a phone that just works.

Guest Cameron Eldridge

It's annoying if you want a phone that just works.

I don't get how that part is so hard for these people. A lot of these issues are obvious after 10 minutes of use, surely they notice these things. Why do the not fix them?

Guest HAL_9000

I don't get how that part is so hard for these people. A lot of these issues are obvious after 10 minutes of use, surely they notice these things. Why do the not fix them?

Usually because there are too lazy to install working ROM. For example Vanilla from Paul. I have no issues with it and I'm 100% satisfied. B)

As for official ICS... I expect first release in November maybe earlier. It's LG so it will obviously take a lot of time. But never mind... with perfect ROMs from Paul I don't need ICS so badly.

Guest Cameron Eldridge

with perfect ROMs from Paul I don't need ICS so badly.

Man you'll have to show me where to get one of those perfect ROMs from. Sure they're better than stock, but they're a far cry from perfect. I recently had to switch to CM7 because GR6 was just too unstable.

Edited by Cameron Eldridge

Guest mankian

Yeah its a complete bitch to get stable. I fully agree with Cameron.

Most stablist combo I found (infact the only combo that is remotely bareable is):

0823 Baseband with 0823 (V21F Canada) RIL

CyanogenMod 7.2 RC

Standard Cyanogenmod Kernel

Thats on my P990, Vodafone, UK

Any other baseband causes the phone to randomly black screen of death

Any other ROM the alarm doesnt go off when it should (still happens now but not nearly as often)

Wont be going anywhere near anything LG ever again, as much as I love tinkering, I expect the piece of crap to at least 'work' out the box.

I could have another huge rant now about technology going backwards but ill do you all a favour ;)

Guest Cameron Eldridge

Most stablist combo I found (infact the only combo that is remotely bareable is):

0823 Baseband with 0823 (V21F Canada) RIL

CyanogenMod 7.2 RC

Standard Cyanogenmod Kernel

What differences are there between CM7.1 "Stable" and CM7.2 RC? I'm on 7.1 right now, it seems O.K. I've not had it long enough to check every nook and cranny yet (I understand there were bugs at one stage with HDMI out, FM Radio and AD2P, not sure if they've been fixed in 7.1 or 7.2).

Guest alncool

It's April, so has anyone heard anything, seen signs of any betas (Paul?)

+1

Paul can you check your LG contact for a leak please ?

We really need those Tegra drivers compiled for ICS to have almost perfect ROM right now...

Guest mankian

What differences are there between CM7.1 "Stable" and CM7.2 RC? I'm on 7.1 right now, it seems O.K. I've not had it long enough to check every nook and cranny yet (I understand there were bugs at one stage with HDMI out, FM Radio and AD2P, not sure if they've been fixed in 7.1 or 7.2).

Not a lot of difference tbh... just a bit more stable. There was a huge bug in 7.1 where the media player, browser and youtube constantly crashed but this bug only happened to people on Vodafone (queer huh!)

Guest everett_psycho

I believe 7.2 fixed d the FM radio and a2dp issues if 7.1, the radio definitely works but I can't test the a2dp to know for sure

Guest rjjcvb

+1

Paul can you check your LG contact for a leak please ?

We really need those Tegra drivers compiled for ICS to have almost perfect ROM right now...

+ 1

Guest sane?

Another reference from customer support wonks to end of Q2/beginning of Q3 - with carrier-delayed roll out August/September.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1619504&page=5

No idea if this is from someone in the know, or just someone that's read this thread - but given its now May, LG are running out of time to meet their stated timescales.

Guest SnowmanDK

Well, why not use NovaHD while waiting... I know it lacks hardware acceleration, but it's actually doing well as long as you're not trying to play heavy games.

It's also pretty stable as long as you remember to add the correct RIL to the phone.

Off course it would be even better if Paul made it, but I'm sorry to say that it looks like he has left the O2X (please correct me if I'm wrong Paul). It HAS been quite a while since the last rom release from him...

Edited by SnowmanDK

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sane?

Looks like LG Mobile Singapore is now saying September is the best guess, which means Q4 is more likely, once their usual competence kicks in.

It's pathetic.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Semesterlund

The o2X is an old device and furthermore do not have alot of users... Paul probably moved on to never devices. I would not expect to see ICS for European users just yet...

• 3 weeks later...