No 2g/3g connectivity on ZTE skate

Guest frankster

Guest frankster

So I bought an orange monte carlo off fleabay. It came with the stock orange rom which worked, then I flashed the skatie rom which also worked for about a day or two. Then I noticed that the phone would not connect to O2 any more. That is, it has no bars on the signal strength meter. I then tried cyanogen mod which had the same effect and then I've finally put it back to the orange stock rom (albeit with cwm boot loader still installed). The phone still won't connect to O2, whether I switch it to 2g only or both 3g and 2g. and whether I switch data on or off.

If I go to the settings and click "network operators" and search for networks, it manages to find 02, vodafone, T-Mobile and Orange. If I then click automatically choose network, it immediately pops up "registered on network" but I still get no signal bars.

If I go to settings/about phone/status, it shows signal strength "-67dbm 23asu", service status "out of service", mobile network state "disconnected". It has the correct IMEI and IMEI SV is set to 00.

Also the back button is flashing red every second for no reason that I can tell.

Something that could be relevant is that the sd card provided with the phone turned out to be worn out so I had difficulty flashing roms at first, although I have subsequently replaced the sd card before I flashed back the stock rom.

Any thoughts on what I should try?

I would try flashing one of the TPT stock ROMs (not from CWM but TPT) so you are sure that everything including recovery is stock.

If you still experience problem after TPTing stock ROM this could be because of a radio hardware failure...

Guest frankster

Hi, I have flashed the stock rom TPT from the ZTE website. Unfortunately nothing has changed. Is radio hardware failure a common reported problem after flashing?

Guest frankster

This is what I thought.Though I find it unlikely that the radio could die 2 or 3 days after receiving the device as well. Can't find any other posts where people have had this problem.

Is there some log file that I can look at via a terminal that would record radio errors?

Is it possible that you could lose your IMEI through flashing?

Edited by frankster

You can use logcat to see system messages. I

deally using adb via pc command prompt.

There's no way you can loose imei by flashing rom. You can eventually loose it during unlocking process if you don't backup and restore qcn. But not by normal flashing...

Guest tillaz

This is what I thought.Though I find it unlikely that the radio could die 2 or 3 days after receiving the device as well. Can't find any other posts where people have had this problem.

Is there some log file that I can look at via a terminal that would record radio errors?

Is it possible that you could lose your IMEI through flashing?

have you tried other networks, to make sure its not just o2, if so check if your imie number has been black listed sad.gif

if you bought it from somewhere like ebay, you may have been conned

Guest frankster

I put an orange sim in and it showed some signal strength bars when it first turned on (which it never does with O2). I thought - that's interesting so I started typing in a number to dial to see if it would make a call. While I was doing that, the bars went away never to come back. This makes me think the radio is fine, and the networks are choosing to disallow connectivity - i.e. its been blacklisted. I spoke to someone on O2 support who claimed it wasn't but I am going to take it into an O2 shop and see what they say.