more Roms with Kernel 3?

Guest lol looool

Guest Sulthekk

intended lazy people, who just insulted, who just ...

... The protest, which did not appreciate the hard work, and just wanted his name known throughout the world, wtf

this is the translation obviously he might not have liked many people doubting his work i think..

Yeah but the kernel itself can still be 3.X, that could be a revenge: 'I did it! You didn't! Now you can't doubt my work!'

Guest t0mm13b

You've been trolled - look Makefile

# DO NOT CHANGE NAME and EXTRAVERSION TO MATCH WITH VERMAGIC MODULE, squadzone

VERSION = 3

PATCHLEVEL = 0

SUBLEVEL = 2

EXTRAVERSION = .3

NAME = Sneaky Weasel

and portion of the linky contains

kernel_zte_blade/blob/2.6.35/Makefile
:lol:

Guest Sulthekk

VERSION = 3

PATCHLEVEL = 0

SUBLEVEL = 2

EXTRAVERSION = .3

NAME = Sneaky Weasel

and portion of the linky contains :lol:

But the strangest is still his wifi firmware, I thought it only loads if version is set to 2.6.35-7, but even if it isn't 3.X by real, it loads that... How?

Guest t0mm13b

But the strangest is still his wifi firmware, I thought it only loads if version is set to 2.6.35-7, but even if it isn't 3.X by real, it loads that... How?

100% spot on there! Am not sure myself - he must have found a rather hacked up wifi source and modded it to match the version.. am digging up...

Guest KonstaT

VERSION = 3
PATCHLEVEL = 0
SUBLEVEL = 2
EXTRAVERSION = .3
NAME = Sneaky Weasel
[/code] Even if the version number is artificial there is still lots of changes. From (the very little :P) that I understand it seems to be our ZTE kernel with some things (e.g. kgsl) backported from 3.0. Why would someone do that if he/she was just trolling? Sneaky Weasel is actual linux kernel codename for 3.0-rc1–3.0. ;)
Wifi driver loads because /system/wifi/ar6000.ko itself has been modified. Only difference is that
[code]
vermagic=2.6.35.7-perf+ preempt mod_unload ARMv6
is changed to

vermagic=3.0.2.3-CMble+ preempt mod_unload ARMv6
[/code]

Guest t0mm13b

Even if the version number is artificial there is still lots of changes. From (the very little :P) that I understand it seems to be our ZTE kernel with some things (e.g. kgsl) backported from 3.0. Why would someone do that if he/she was just trolling?

Sneaky Weasel is actual linux kernel codename for 3.0-rc1–3.0. ;)

Wifi driver loads because /system/wifi/ar6000.ko itself has been modified. Only difference is that

vermagic=2.6.35.7-perf+ preempt mod_unload ARMv6

is changed to

vermagic=3.0.2.3-CMble+ preempt mod_unload ARMv6

Yeah I know that :P

That's all fine and dandy - the truth is it is still 2.6.35, but for trolling he changed the makefile to err.. make it sound like a new kernel v3 release... nice elaborate trolling though :D

It's a repeat of what Zte did to the .35 source - not really .35 but .32 with .35 bits thrown in for good measure ;) Butchered up that is :)