I have one! Got questions? Fire away!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest putbinoot

That's great thanks, to think i only bought a OMC last week and could have had one of these instead, still the OMC is unlocked and rooted. Will have to get my son one and have a play with it.

Have the omc myself just got this on impulse.

Guest Patrick73

I have this and i found that its slow, and Sometimes when rotating the screen it sticks around 45%. its a pain.

I did notice in running apps/services there is NFC Service is up and running, and icon is a little tag with lines in one corner curved.

So I wounder if its got it.

Bit pissed with it as low external speaker for rings etc, it will not stay connected to my Sony liveview (lol)

Guest Davidoff59

There are 2 models, the u8815 and the u8818. The u8818 has the NFC so its interesting that you see that running. Could it be a programming mess up and its an apk that should have been removed ?

www.etotalk.com/huawei-u8818-3g-wcdma-snapdragon-s1-1ghz-40wvga_p2866.html

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=3426&view=1&c=huawei_ascend_g300_nfc_huawei_u8818

DLNA

active noise

cancellation

DTS

WiFI Direct

NFC

Bluetooth stereo

audio profile

(A2DP

AVRCP)

Guest Simon O

I have this and i found that its slow, and Sometimes when rotating the screen it sticks around 45%. its a pain.

I did notice in running apps/services there is NFC Service is up and running, and icon is a little tag with lines in one corner curved.

So I wounder if its got it.

Bit pissed with it as low external speaker for rings etc, it will not stay connected to my Sony liveview (lol)

Huawei do make two G300 devices. The U8818 with NFC and the U8815 without. I don't think the Vodafone version has NFC though.

Guest jpdoliveira

There are 2 models, the u8815 and the u8818. The u8818 has the NFC so its interesting that you see that running. Could it be a programming mess up and its an apk that should have been removed ?

www.etotalk.com/huawei-u8818-3g-wcdma-snapdragon-s1-1ghz-40wvga_p2866.html

http://pdadb.net/ind...fc_huawei_u8818

DLNA

active noise

cancellation

DTS

WiFI Direct

NFC

Bluetooth stereo

audio profile

(A2DP

AVRCP)

Whats NFC?

Guest goodfella123

Paul

I don't seem to be able to root following your guide with a win xp pc.

I've tried 2 pc's with win xp, is there a work-around?

Guest UnbelievablyScrewed

Just popped into the store during my break to take a look at it. It's quite nice, runs smoothly. It's a tad heftier than I expected but then again it does have a bigger battery than the San Fran :P. Anywho yes I asked how much unlocking from the vodafone store is and they said £20 ... On contract the lowest price is £20 a month with 500 mins, unlimited texts and 250 MB of net. Think I'm going PayG lol :lol:

Guest putbinoot

What languages are supported. wanna replace my wife's t-mobile pink mini. does is support Russian or Русский ?

Under the TouchPal keyboard russian is listed but not installed , just says select to down load from market or a server.

Guest Noobmaster

Please PM if you have the phone and can check for me langauage support. i don't want discuss this question here as it's english-speaking forum and the question is not interesting for most of users

Guest Noobmaster

Dutch

English

Spanish

French

Italian

Portuguese

There may be a work-around???

morelocale can enable hidden locales. if they exist in firmware but are hidden in menu. but if there are no such language in firmware no software can enable it. in this case i will need custom ROM with russian language support. so if someone has some free and can help to clarify language question pls PM

Guest NeostarNeko

Can someone please run Elixir 2 or Quadrant and paste the hardware specifications here :)

Or if you have rooted please install Android Terminal Emulator and do this

cat /proc/cpuinfo
cat /proc/version

Also does anyone know the command line for getting the gpu information

I'm trying to compare but it turns out a lot of the details are missing :(

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4594&idPhone2=3596

Guest leemann

Processor	: ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)

BogoMIPS	: 159.47

Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp thumbee neon vfpv3 

CPU implementer	: 0x41

CPU architecture: 7

CPU variant	: 0x0

CPU part	: 0xc05

CPU revision	: 1

Hardware	: MSM7x27a U8815 BOARD

Revision	: 0000Serial		: 0000000000000000
and ......
Linux version 2.6.38.6-perf (android@localhost) (gcc version 4.4.3 (GCC) ) #1 PREEMPT Fri Mar 9 19:00:12 CST 2012

Hope that helps.

Guest NeostarNeko

Thank you for that :D

I've compared the 2 phones U8800 and U8815

U8815 has an Adreno 200 GPU

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a7227a&c=qualcomm_msm7227a

U8800 has an Adreno 205 GPU

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a7230&c=qualcomm_msm7230

...interesting, it appears that the CPU on this G300 phone is the bare minimum of low end from Qualcomm :unsure:

And it also explains why some people are having problems running things like Adobe Flash, BBC iPlayer and CatchUp TV, the processor is not powerful enough, I can just about use those apps on my phone with only the odd stutter every now and then, after running for a while too.

Now I know where they cut corners on, to get that low price <_<

Guest Ubiquitoustastic

I thought the CPU was average. Bottom level but modern. The adreno 200 is weak however- but I only light game so it seems adequate for me. I found iplayer acceptable.

Guest hecatae

Thank you for that :D

...interesting, it appears that the CPU on this G300 phone is the bare minimum of low end from Qualcomm :unsure:

Now I know where they cut corners on, to get that low price <_<

Just be thankful they did not put a msm7225a in it