[ROM] DroidTE 0.2 <update -7/5/12>

Guest jasonleeds

Guest welshrage

just to ask a question... what softwares you use to rebuild the roms fella? i tried building using cygwin running rom kitchen and it failed when i tried to flash it to my sfii

Guest raverrr

just to ask a question... what softwares you use to rebuild the roms fella? i tried building using cygwin running rom kitchen and it failed when i tried to flash it to my sfii

what was the error code in clockwork? 7?

Guest jasonleeds

YEA been using cygwin and xda kitchen had a few problems setting up but its all down to getting the right things in the right places.

like raverr says probably something with the updater-script, if the kitchen asks you to convert it, DONT as this screws everything up.

As for version 0.2 .....im working on it but im building this a fresh from a new source to try get rid of the browser issue.

Ill be honest when I first put this ROM up I was probably a little over confident as im now hitting roadblocks that are just beyond my knowledge, but I aint giving up. Ill get this running sweat soon.

cool.gif

thanks for all the nice comments guys, kept me going with this biggrin.gif

Guest welshrage

it all ok now, done a lil tinkering of a rom i downloaded (removed some apps) and didnt change anything else and it installed cheers... as for the framework files... which ones can i change to theme or personalize my apps? am still new to this even though i've been using android phones for close to 2yrs now

Guest eventus

Battery life with the ROM is very good. 3 days - 50%.

Suddenly, browser stopped to work.

process com.android.browser has stopped unexpectedly.

Rebooted, cleaned application data do not help.

Could you recommend an instruction to start to build myself?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jasonleeds

after not much work over the past week im still struggling with this browser problem.

Not had much time to work on it lately which is also bugging me.

Ive got a version done with the browser working, ill get this up soon.

Still a lot of work to be done, wifi is slow to pick up sometimes, also a problem.

However I was running it for a good week or so, had great battery life and was very stable.

Thanks again guys

, Ill get this sweat soon

also if people want to give the overclock kernel ago it should work - LINK

Edited by jasonleeds

Guest vhqck25

Have bug on my SF 2.Not have UTF-8 font suport.When i go to vietnamese website not corect font.Beucase so many country use UTF-8 font.Please fix.Go to: http://www.google.com.vn vai browser on phone You will see font not correct.I like this roms,fast save batterry but you need FIX font UTF-8.So many thanks!

Edited by vhqck25

Guest jasonleeds

vhqck25 - Ill have a look into this at the weekend, ill try fix this for you.

On other news ive been running what im calling V1 for a few days, and all seems very good.

Ill try get this up for the weekend.

Just tweaks from v0.2 but its ready to go full time so V1 it is.

Also taken a few optional things out such as FB, Iplayer etc to slim it down.

As of now still only SF2 as I dont know anyone with a vivacity, Ill look into this when I can.

:ph34r:

Edited by jasonleeds