Trying to arrange repair problems

Guest ScouseMouse

Guest ScouseMouse

Hi

I am trying to arrange repair for my monte carlo but feel like im getting the runaround...they keep asking for the IMEI number of the phone, he said I can get this

by pressing *#06# which produced a long code starting with 8685 I also checked the box the phone came in and there is a sticker with the same IMEI listed

but they are refusing to start the repair process until I give them a IMEI starting with 35 and is 16 digits long.

Are they taking the piss?

Thanks

Paul

Edited by ScouseMouse

Guest Voxpop2011

Hi

I am trying to arrange repair for my monte carlo but feel like im getting the runaround...they keep asking for the IMEI number of the phone, he said I can get this

by pressing *#06# which produced a long code starting with 8685 I also checked the box the phone came in and there is a sticker with the same IMEI listed

but they are refusing to start the repair process until I give them a IMEI starting with 35 and is 16 digits long.

Are they taking the piss?

Thanks

Paul

They are right. Remove the battery and you will find your IMEI number that starts 8685.

Edited by Voxpop2011

Guest ScouseMouse

I have also taken the number from below the battery its a 8685 number but they are insisting it should start with 35 and be 16 digits long...banging my head against a brick wall as there is no numbers anywhere on my phone or box that starts with 35.

They are saying an IMEI can only start with digits 35 is this true? btw this a repair centre saying this to me.

Guest ScouseMouse

Thanks for the replys guys much appreciated

All in all im dissapointed im being refused repair because my imei isnt a 35 number, am gonna call again tomorrow tell them I will contact trading standards.

Btw I bought the phone from Very catalogue and after a lot of arguing and passing the book they gave me this repair center number to call who now like I said is refusing to do anything because of this imei number nonsense.

The phone is only 6 months old, I paid them in cash outright....all in all I'd say steer clear of Very as they will try anything to wriggle out of honoring a warranty.

Guest plegdroid

may be worth trying again, and if they mention imei 35 numbers again, mention that it is the old format for imei,could be a training need at their end, have the guide open and present facts to them so they can't argue.

Guest ScouseMouse

Plegroid and baddesthad are both right.

Turned out in the end that they had some YTS kids doing work experience answering the phone, I eventually got through to a actual repairman who accepted

my IMEI and is sending out a pre paid collection bag next week....kinda relieved but talk about frustrating !!

Thanks for all the replies guys...nice one.