No signal=Stolen?

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Just wondering if a phone is sold as no signal do you think in all cases it is stolen and blocked? Is there a way to check before i bought it? Just as i could make a nice profit on this phone if i could fix it. It's only a Wildfire S but going really cheap locally.

Guest Frankish

I've not bought it yet. Don't want to pay for a phone i can make no profit on! I'm just asking for opinions...eh guy selling it just said put a sim card in and it shows no signal.

Sounds like it could be a bit of a gamble.

Like you said it could be a stolen contract phone and its been blocked.

The only way you could check is if you got the IME number.There was a website(can't remember name) and you enter IME to find out if its stolen.

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

its ether stolen or the left over from an insurance clam (rang up and said lost phone, and gets a new one,old one gets black listed)

my advice would be to try getting the IMIE number from the seller so you can check its not black listed, i doubt that he would give you it though lol, or even ask him to check...

you can check here http://www.numbering...ysis&sub=imeinr

also if a phone is blacklisted from the uk. it should still work outside the uk (overseas sales)

Guest hugobosslives

as above. check the imei number against the stolen database.

you can only get the block removed if you have proof of legitimate purchase (eg receipt)

Guest Frankish

On another note... Anyone got any idea how easy it is to fix a broken power button on a nexus one? Apparently it "fell off" and needs a new one!

Guest tillaz

On another note... Anyone got any idea how easy it is to fix a broken power button on a nexus one? Apparently it "fell off" and needs a new one!

fixing it is the easy part, finding the replacement button is the hard part huh.gif

probably need to buy full new housing just to get the buttons

Guest Voxpop2011

Just wondering if a phone is sold as no signal do you think in all cases it is stolen and blocked? Is there a way to check before i bought it? Just as i could make a nice profit on this phone if i could fix it. It's only a Wildfire S but going really cheap locally.

I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, mate. The Wildfire isn't a particularly good phone no matter how cheap.