How to root your Huawei Ascend G300 (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest goodfella123
Edit: Now to figure out why the Launcher has lots of gaps where the unstalled apps used to be ..

On your apps page press the settings cog at the bottom then all the downloaded apps get a cross on them.

You can drag them to one of the dots at the bottom to indicate which page you want them on.

When you've finished, if you have empty apps pages left over just press the tick and empty pages will be removed.

Edited by goodfella123

Guest goodfella123

I rooted then accidentally removed the stock calendar thinking it was a vodafone one.

Can i do a factory reset to bring it back?

If so, should i do that via the settings menu or do it via the recovery menu (volume up when powering on)? Does it matter if rooted?

I have backed-up all my downloaded apps via titanium so will just get that from the market when reset is done to reinstall them.

Will i need to re-root?

Edited by goodfella123

Guest Frankish

I did a factory reset and the stock calendar is still f***ed, looks like i'll have to wait a long time for a new rom.

Download the system folder that Paul uploaded. Extract the calendar related apks and adb push them to system. Job done.

Guest goodfella123

Anyone able to tell me how to extract calendar and related apk's and push them to my phone.

I have the superrecovery folder and see the 5mb rom .img file and the adb-windows.exe.

I'm on win xp sp3 does that matter?

Guest NeostarNeko

just extract them using winrar or 7zip, then transfer them over to the microsd card on your phone

install root explorer and copy them over to the relevant place

reboot phone and it should then work :)

Guest zerosignull

Anyone able to tell me how to extract calendar and related apk's and push them to my phone.

I have the superrecovery folder and see the 5mb rom .img file and the adb-windows.exe.

I'm on win xp sp3 does that matter?

You shouldn't need to do that. just copy the file to the sdcard by mounting it in Windows like you would if you were copying music and pictures to and from the phone. Then use the normal inbuilt file explorer to open the APK file. You will just need to turn on the option in the settings to allow the installation of packages from unknown locations.

Edited by zerosignull

Guest goodfella123

I can't open the recovery img using winrar or 7-zip.

I have browsed to the img file on my phone using es explorer but it still won't open.

It also won't open using WUNYAFFS.

Guest zerosignull

I can't open the recovery img using winrar or 7-zip.

I have browsed to the img file on my phone using es explorer but it still won't open.

It also won't open using WUNYAFFS.

1-Download the extracted ROM from here:

http://files.podtwo.com/roms/stock/huawei/u8815/

2-Open the zip in windows.

3-Navigate to \system\app

4-Copy the calendar apk to your phones SDCard

5-Follow previous post of mine

Guest goodfella123

Managed to do all that, but when i select the apk to install, it just says 'app not installed'.

The only option i get then is 'done'.

I have the 'allow installation of unknown sources' box ticked.

Guest Frankish

Copy them to the system app folder using root explorer and make sure the permissions are set the same as the rest of the apks in that folder. Job done. They wont install normally.

Guest Taann

I'm a bit new to this- I've managed to start it up with the volume down held and it gets stuck on the huawei screen (bootloader mode?) but when I try to connect it to my computer, I get that USB failed noise and it doesn't come up. The cable and USB ports definitely work because I've transferred music onto the phone. What obvious step have I missed?

Guest Modifoid

Root explorer was £2.50 so i tried with root browser lite and copied the files to system/app but they wouldn't install.

In ES file explorer go to settings

tick - Root Explorer

tick - Mount File System

Then try pasting the file.

Guest Frankish

I'm a bit new to this- I've managed to start it up with the volume down held and it gets stuck on the huawei screen (bootloader mode?) but when I try to connect it to my computer, I get that USB failed noise and it doesn't come up. The cable and USB ports definitely work because I've transferred music onto the phone. What obvious step have I missed?

Reboot phone and connect USB, under my computer one of the items should have drivers for your phone. Copy this to desktop. Then go back to bootloader, open up devices under my computer and look for the failed one. Update drivers and point it to that folder. I did that.

Guest Taann

Reboot phone and connect USB, under my computer one of the items should have drivers for your phone. Copy this to desktop. Then go back to bootloader, open up devices under my computer and look for the failed one. Update drivers and point it to that folder. I did that.

Cheers! I saw the driver in the non-storage android thingy and installed that and it worked! Finally got rid of the Vodafone crud.

Guest punjabi

What Vodafone apps or stuff did you get rid off, Taan? I'd be curious to know as I've heard that removing some can affect the system...

Guest dbaseii

Hi

I think I may have turned on fastboot. I cannot get into bootloader mode.

How do I turn off fastboot?

Thanks

Found it. Fastboot option is under application settings

Guest muppet&chums

HELP

Think I screwed this up or the instructions are a little lacking. It flashed across from W7 and I put it into recovery mode but nothing intuitive presented itself.

So i'm at a G300 screen which doesn't inspire confidence.

It says - Android system recovery <3e>

Choose a package to install:

/sdcard

../

.PocketCloud/

.android_secure/

Android/

DCIM/

Download/

LOST.DIR/

PocketCloud/

SmsContactsBackup/

media/

I can go up & down the list, using the volume control, but not to the previous screen ?

What am I missing ? Waiting patiently.

M&C

Edited by muppet&chums

Guest muppet&chums

press the back button then pick reboot

Errrr. What back button ?

We go up the directory list = Volume UP

We go down the directory list = Volume DOWN

We have the on off button ( possibly 'the brick' button).

No ' Back Button ' anywhere that I can see, hardware or software.

Do you mean . . / and press the power on/off switch ?

Do I panic now ?

M&C

Edited by muppet&chums

Guest bumps

on the list of stuff you see

Choose a package to install:

/sdcard

../

.PocketCloud/

.android_secure/

Android/

DCIM/