Protective cases

Guest teacake

Guest FrankieADZ

just got the 1 i ordered from TimeBlast on Ebay, fits a treat :D

pleased with it and now that my phone is protected a bit more :D

Guest FrownBreaker

I dropped £7.99 for one of these last week (could be a week or two more till I see it). That's not a bad price. I like the look, even if it doesn't cover 100%. Just don't "Rush" into anything :D All the best

Was not sure it covered the top of the phone (might be the photo angle) anyway went for the Silicone generic one over the Silicon Nilikin (too shiny)

Tip for fitting screen protectors without bubbles.

1) Take your time as cleaning the glass will take some time

2) Have spare covers (I use the cheap 10 or 20 packs from ebay)

3) Have a couple of new microfibre cloths / window cleaner (diluted if its concentrated) for stuborn marks. Avoid strong detegencts, bleach cleaners or any wood polish that contain olis and wax!

4) Never spray onto the phne tablet directly - Spray onto the microfibre cloth with the Phone out of range!

5) Never clean with tissues (the wood pulp will damage the screen)

6) Never use dried out screen cleaners these are normally paper - See 5)

7) Have a task light on the desk so you can see the screen at an angle.

8) Dim other lights in the room (screens etc)

9) Wash your hands and dry them

10) Have a clean towel / cloth and lint free or a clean microfible cloth on the work surface to keep the phone and parts clean

11) Clean the phone, remove the battery cover and generally wipe clean the phone. This prevents, dust and tranfer of dirt onto the screen

12) Select a screen protector and try holding it in place to see how it fits, trim if needed (cut away from the phone with a cutter or knife)

11) Now clean the screen using water / window cleaner only a few drops on the cloth are needed.

12) Repeat 11 and check the surface is streak free.

13) At this point you can put the phone down on the clean cloth, face up

14) Take care not to carry items over the surface of the phone as they might drop dust onto the surface.

15) Select a screen protector and peel of the internal film

16) Carefully place onto the screen from one end. Lift up one side if there are big bubbles.

17) If you see lots of small bubbles -check to see if there is a small spec in the centre of each. It there is this is not a problem. Press the film firmly to apply

18) If the protector is ok remove the exterior film and clean (you don't want to scratch the protector!). If there are still bubbles, press the film down well and then gentrly peel off the film. Discard and clean and reaply a new screen the specs would have stuck to the discarded film!

19) Most new phones will take protectors when new or need 1 or 2 attempts if the device has been used without a protector. I think the tiny specs can only be remvoed by applying a protector.

Some folk have report sticky tape or 3m tape works removing some dust I find I end up with glue on the phone!

You should be able to apply the screen cover with no bubbles at all and it will last for 6 months to a year.

I've installed these on ZTE Blades and had no problems.

You might take longer to do this the first time, but this should come down with practice.

Guest RussellS

I've just got home from work and the case from TimeBlast was waiting for me.

The case fits perfectly with all the holes in exactly the right place. The phone feels so much nicer to hold and more substantial now with the case fitted. Also, before I had a little plasticky creaking sound whenever I pressed the back button (bottom right) which is gone with the case fitted.

I got the black one which looks really good. I was a little concerned that it would look naff if any of the silver showed at the edges of the screen and the white around the microUSB connector. However, it doesn't look naff at all. Thesre is only the merest hint of silver showing around the edge of the screen and the USB connector looks fine.

So I'm extremely happy with it.

Guest Copperface

just got the 1 i ordered from TimeBlast on Ebay, fits a treat :D

pleased with it and now that my phone is protected a bit more :D

Good stuff - I ordered a black one too and shown as dispatched the same day so good service.

hopefully save the phone from a few knocks.

Guest FrankieADZ

What are the pros and cons of hard cases vs the silicone ones?

well the Silicone ones seem to protect most of the phone & buttons on the G300 which is good the Hard case 1's tend to just protect the back in the vast majority of them.

also the hard case 1's tend to be more expensive compared the silicone 1's

both do the job well imo.

Guest FrownBreaker

this isnt really on cases for the G300...but screen protectors.

I got some day from Ebay, from here http://www.ebay.co.u...49#ht_937wt_952

they was £2.45 but they've gone up to £3.99, but there very good imo, they could the whole screen..including the button; still works aswell as if it didnt have it on at all :)

tho OCD is a problem..with bubbles,dust and not getting it perfect. :wacko: :blink:

Did these covers come with 2 films covering the protector?

I got some screen protectors from Germany (ebay protectionfilms24.com) perfect fit but they only had one film so I could not get them on without bubbles as the film is too thin. The plastic is too thin and not supported during installation :( The protectors are more like the throwaway film used to package phones, not the thick screen protectors.

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest FrankieADZ

I got some screen protectors from Germany (ebay protectionfilms24.com) perfect fit but they only had one film so I could not get them on without bubbles as the film is too thin. The plastic is too thin and not supported during installation :( The protectors are more like the throwaway film used to package phones, not the thick screen protectors.

im not 100% sure what ur on about but im gonna guess. :)

they came with 2 tabs on top of the protector; 1 to is the side that sticks down, the other is the front with u peel off when you get it on correct.

Guest FrownBreaker

im not 100% sure what ur on about but im gonna guess. :)

they came with 2 tabs on top of the protector; 1 to is the side that sticks down, the other is the front with u peel off when you get it on correct.

Thanks that's what I meant, I've always used the 3 layer protectors, the last lost were 2 layer - Not good

Guest cutcutcut

Are these the ones you got http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170833050999

So those are rubbish?

Guest RussellS

Are these the ones you got http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=170833050999

So those are rubbish?

I've got these ones as well. FrownBreaker is right, they are not the three film type but just one film that you peel from the backing paper. The first one I applied was covered in bubbles and I had to pull it off and throw away. The second one though I used a different technique and it has gone on perfectly without any bubbles at all. However, I don't think I will get these again as I still prefer the three film type.

Guest FrownBreaker

Are these the ones you got http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=170833050999

So those are rubbish?

The fit and cut is perfect. The material is ok but it is really too thin to apply without huge bubbles!

PM me I'll pop some in the post if you send you some! I ordered 3 sets for the price of 2!

Tried 6 last night and could not even get anything close to accepable. Shame - We live and learn!

I can post some photos to show the problems. If anyone wants some please PM be your address I'll pop 3 sets in the post. Just for a laugh!

The real problem is how to support the thin film during application. I will pop some photos up this evening...

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest FrownBreaker

I've got these ones as well. FrownBreaker is right, they are not the three film type but just one film that you peel from the backing paper. The first one I applied was covered in bubbles and I had to pull it off and throw away. The second one though I used a different technique and it has gone on perfectly without any bubbles at all. However, I don't think I will get these again as I still prefer the three film type.

How did you apply without bubbles? Did you follow the diagram that came with the pack?

Guest RussellS

How did you apply without bubbles? Did you follow the diagram that came with the pack?

Firstly I peeled about 2cm of the backing paper back from the earpiece end and creased the backing pasper a little to stop it closing again. I then positioned the top of the foil in the correct place around the earpiece and then used a credit card to smooth it down the phone glass while gradually peeling the backing paper away as I went. Then used the credit card again to smooth out the few small bubbles that were present near the edges. I can honestly say that there isn't a single bubble anywhere.

Personally I think that they could do with being cut maybe half a millimeter narrower as one edge is catching on the silver edge around the screen and so is puckering up slightly. Not a major problem but it annoys me.

Guest SteveNotts

Black case ordered from Timeblast!

Can anyone tell me the best screen protectors to get please?

Ive looked through the thread and a few are mentioned.

Cheers

Steve

Guest FrankieADZ

Black case ordered from Timeblast!

Can anyone tell me the best screen protectors to get please?

Ive looked through the thread and a few are mentioned.

Cheers

Steve

imo the best screen protectors atm are these ones:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300706132495?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_937wt_952

i know there not the cheapest but there certainly the easiest 1 to put on I've found.

Guest RussellS

imo the best screen protectors atm are these ones:http://www.ebay.co.u...49#ht_937wt_952

i know there not the cheapest but there certainly the easiest 1 to put on I've found.

I was going to get these ones as well. What is the fit like. As I said earlier, the single film ones I got could do with being just a fraction narrower so that it doesn't catch against the silver screen surround and pucker up. It was probably because I didn't quite position it right but getting it bubble free AND in exactly the right place is a very tall order.

Guest dbaseii

Just received my Nillkin soft case. Little bit disappointed though. I can see the silver edging at the botton just below the menu button and it generally makes the phone chunkier

It took a while to get delvered as it came from Singapore. Oh well its was only £6.99.

I can post pics if anyone is interested

Guest FrankieADZ

I was going to get these ones as well. What is the fit like. As I said earlier, the single film ones I got could do with being just a fraction narrower so that it doesn't catch against the silver screen surround and pucker up. It was probably because I didn't quite position it right but getting it bubble free AND in exactly the right place is a very tall order.

it fits pretty much perfect, fits on all of the screen including the button. if u manage to get it on perfect(took me 4 go's...OCD lol) it looks like theres no one on at all.

probably the best screen protectors fit wise ive had for a phone. :)

Guest RussellS

it fits pretty much perfect, fits on all of the screen including the button. if u manage to get it on perfect(took me 4 go's...OCD lol) it looks like theres no one on at all.

probably the best screen protectors fit wise ive had for a phone. :)

That's good to know. I've now ordered some myself. When you say it took you 4 go's is that with the same film or did you use 4 different ones.

Guest FrankieADZ

That's good to know. I've now ordered some myself. When you say it took you 4 go's is that with the same film or did you use 4 different ones.

well 2 protectors and 2 try on each....the first 1 i got rid of after it got dust under it; which was my fault...second i got on 2 time perfectly :)

no bubbles or dust :)

Guest RussellS

well 2 protectors and 2 try on each....the first 1 i got rid of after it got dust under it; which was my fault...second i got on 2 time perfectly :)

no bubbles or dust :)

That's not too bad then. It says in the item description that these are washable and re-usable. I don't quite know how that would work though.

Guest toge64

Just received my Nillkin soft case. Little bit disappointed though. I can see the silver edging at the botton just below the menu button and it generally makes the phone chunkier

It took a while to get delvered as it came from Singapore. Oh well its was only £6.99.

I can post pics if anyone is interested

yes please

anyone got their case from casesss yet? (singapore)