Goodbye

Guest putbinoot

Guest trueno2k

I don't know whether I will actually get the g300. Its all up in the air. Plus even if I did I'm not going to sell my skate and will keep devving for it.

Glad to hear you're sticking with the Skate, and I can't wait till you come back and start devving ICS for our beloved Skate again ;P I'll be looking forward to getting the polished version of ICS working on our Skate's ... As for the G300, I'm gonna wait it out for official ICS for the g300 before I decide on what to do before my next upgrade...

Unlocking an issue with the g300? It's 7.50 on ebay to unlock or 20 quid from Vodafone.

I don't think he meant when you pay for it to be unlocked!... I'm guessing he was referring to the troubles of getting a free unlock like when we got it from Xiaoyaoswim... I guess we cheap skates think alike :P

Edited by trueno2k

Guest timfimjim

Some people making really good arguments for and against switching to g300! Great topic.

Seeing as I got my Skate in December for £100 as an upgrade from my Blade, I can't justify another upgrade so soon - would just be greedy of me haha. It does what I need for now... Plus the dev community has been getting better and better! I wouldn't be able to start again from scratch! ICS for Skate is too good.

Guest Voxpop2011

I shall be sticking with the Skate for the time being, although I am quite interested in the Orange 'Santa Clara'. It would have to be a sim-free, unbranded model though as I cannot bear Orange's customisation.

Guest oxyg3n89

There's no doubting that this is a great phone for the price, although there are two drawbacks for me when thinking about an upgrade.

Firstly, I want to avoid returning to a screen under 4.3". I know there's not a massive difference, but having used the larger screen I definitely notice and appreciate the extra size. The second concern is the reportedly terrible sound that you get from the speaker on the Huawei. This is important because I use the in-built speaker for music when doing stuff around the house and it's also my primary alarm. AtomICS with Dolby sound for the Skate offers impressive sound.

So as good as this phone is, I think I'll wait to see what price the Mimosa X launches at.

The second concern should be no problem at all. loud speaker is worth about 2-3 pounds, this is software limitation as some people stated. :) I think 4 inch portrait mode will be perfect size as for one hand navigation too, 4.3" little too big for that, isn't it ? :)

Guest tillaz

i might pick one of these up on the weekend, just to fiddle with and for the daughter to play games on ... dose anyone know what the video recording is on the device.. 720p?

Guest the_crevis

I'm tempted to upgrade from my worn out blade to the g300, but I've waited long enough for another bargain upgrade so I think i'll keep waiting and hope the mimosa x is gonna be cheap, because lets be honest single core phones are a bit out of date now :P

Edited by the_crevis

Guest putbinoot

Well to be honest I bought the g 300 on impulse and when you hold it next to the skate you see how nice and big the skate screen is and how good the sound is. But hey I have done it now, I think its a good upgrade for blade users maybe not for skate users. Just fancied a change, I was actually waiting for the mimosa x so maybe the 300 won't be around for that long:-D

Guest hugobosslives

ahhh

almost decided on the g300...

and then you guys reminded me about the new zte phones like the minosa x.

now i don't know what to do again dry.gif

Guest Josh92

Okay those sound more like it! Price jump is on the large side if those are correct but the specs on those are much improved over the Skate (or G300 for that matter).

Mimosa X will be almost twice the price! I've gotten 82 for my Skate. Hopefully buying my new G300 this weekend.

I would be intersted on your review of the G300 Frankish.I plan to buy one next month,but need just a little bit more convincing that it would be a worthwhile upgrade from skate.Either way,I have to upgrade because my camera lens is damaged(through my own stupidity)

Guest dibbles

zte mimosa x will be available in may what i have heard... so not that long, @ £189.99 i think

zte era £239.99

Those seem much more worthy of an upgrade from a Skate, for me.

I await the launch of the zte Era, as well as anything else on the market at that time, of course.

Guest putbinoot

Mimosa X will be almost twice the price! I've gotten 82 for my Skate. Hopefully buying my new G300 this weekend.

Good going, I made the mistake of making my auction for 7 days DOH.

Guest Josh92

It's twice the price but seems more worth it than the G300, screen is smaller and processors only slightly better (though ARM7 would be nice for app compatibility) I'm happy to wait for the moment and see where things go.

Guest Andy725

It's twice the price but seems more worth it than the G300, screen is smaller and processors only slightly better (though ARM7 would be nice for app compatibility) I'm happy to wait for the moment and see where things go.

Me too, especially with the speaker issue.Lets see how much the zte mimosa x will cost first as this seems a far better upgrade for the Skate than the G300. I would hate to act on impulse and regret it later.  

Edited by Andy725

Guest TouchyAndalou
zte mimosa x will be available in may what i have heard... so not that long, @ £189.99 i think

zte era £239.99

The Era at £240, really? I'd be surprised if it was that 'cheap'... I heard it was going to cost almost 500.

Guest tillaz

The Era at £240, really? I'd be surprised if it was that 'cheap'... I heard it was going to cost almost 500.

i have seen it listed for £237, and been told £240.. no way would it be any where near £500

(this is ZTE not HTC or APPLE laugh.gif)... think most people would rather go for an iphone 5 at that price, or galaxy S III

post-913969-0-69179500-1334879538_thumb.

Guest putbinoot

i have seen it listed for £237, and been told £240.. no way would it be any where near £500

(this is ZTE not HTC or APPLE laugh.gif)... think most people would rather go for an iphone 5 at that price, or galaxy S III

post-913969-0-69179500-1334879538_thumb.

That site is listing the skate at 179 I think the mimosa will be around with 240 and the era at least 350.

Guest tillaz

That site is listing the skate at 179 I think the mimosa will be around with 240 and the era at least 350.

my duel core lg optimus 2x was only 199.99 brand new... and that was about 3 or 4 month ago

tegra 2 devices will be even cheaper now tegra 3 is out

Guest putbinoot

my duel core lg optimus 2x was only 199.99 brand new... and that was about 3 or 4 month ago

tegra 2 devices will be even cheaper now tegra 3 is out

Good point.