overclock problem

Guest emerald123

Guest emerald123

hi. when I over clock my phone to about 710 MHz it works for about 10mins and then my phone does a hard reboot Im on coldfusion x but its not the from because this also happened to me on cm7 and many other roms. :(:(

Guest the_crevis

The only overclock problem you are having mate I'd that you are overclocking by too much. Only solution is to lower your cpu clock speed. It is because coldfusion X is puting a strain on your cpu and so that causes reboots. For example, I can overclock normally to 710Mhz, but as soon as I open a resource intensive approve it reboots. CPUs vary in the amount you can overclock them, depending on manufacturing quality.

Edit: And please do not open new threads for issues like this, ask your question in the related ROM topic.

Edited by the_crevis

hi. when I over clock my phone to about 710 MHz it works for about 10mins and then my phone does a hard reboot Im on coldfusion x but its not the from because this also happened to me on cm7 and many other roms. :(:(

Start decreasing the cpu frequency by 10 until you get a stable system.

Edit: My browser didn't show you already got an answer, sorry.

Edited by fema

Guest the_crevis

The ROM does not make a difference on how much you can overclock your CPU. It is the quality of your individual CPU which has an effect on the amount you can overclock, so some people can therefore overclock more than others. Is this clear for everyone now?

Edited by the_crevis

Guest Davidoff59

I have definately seen roms affecting the max overclock that is stable. For example, on KonstaT RLS7, I can overclock to 729 MHZ  where as some other roms can start to freeze and reboot at 691 MHZ as soon as you set it. I dont know why that is, whether different kernels can also have an affect on over clock stability?

In general though, the crevis is correct in that its dependent on manufacturing of the individual cpu. Any overclock is a bonus as it was running at 600 mhz iirc at stock speeds. 

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest jgb002002

Really? Mine stops at 672 MHz. rolleyes.gif

yes,Swedish Snow RLS7 (Android 2.3.5) Based on Official ZTE Blade Gingerbread, Updated 13.4.2012 .This one ROM ,Iam sorry for last once make mistake