[KERNEL] S series kernel for "all" custom ROMs

Guest C3C0

Guest C3C0

Volume boost now ported to ICS version of kernel. New update containing new kernel and libmedia.so is available in the first post.

Guest jul57640

thank you... i'll patch this.

is that work with in-call volume because sometimes i can't ear clearly the people who call me

sorry i've just see your post in cfx thread

Edited by jul57640

Guest sui785

Thanks for the update C3C0, not sure what the sound related issues are(I read the posts before, something about volume being too low, works fine here) but I just installed it anyway(on CFX 31/05). If there will be any problems, I'll report back.

Edited by sui785

Guest plegdroid
Thanks for the update C3C0, not sure what the sound related issues are(I read the posts before, something about volume being too low, works fine here) but I just installed it anyway(on CFX 31/05). If there will be any problems, I'll report back.

+1 ,never had any sound issues, and never had to listen to anything on full volume, ive got a decent pair of full range plugs which may help . poor volume may be linked with poor listening environment.

Guest C3C0

Yeah I already mentioned previously that I don't think CM9 needs this improvement. Because I find the volume levels in CM9 to be

a bit better than they are in CM7. The problem of CM7 is that the scaling is somewhat bad. So to get a higher volume you must be moving at levels near max.

The reason why I made this volume thing for CM9 also is that some people asked for it.

Guest plegdroid
Yeah I already mentioned previously that I don't think CM9 needs this improvement. Because I find the volume levels in CM9 to be

a bit better than they are in CM7. The problem of CM7 is that the scaling is somewhat bad. So to get a higher volume you must be moving at levels near max.

The reason why I made this volume thing for CM9 also is that some people asked for it.

thank you,

but as you stated, I don't think cm9 needs it :)

Guest siddis

C3CO, i clicked to the link for CM7 in firts post and i got the update-S3-gb-boot-11.zip's link not the "update-S3-gb-boot-15.zip".. The 11th update doesn't contains the libmedia.so file.. Something happened.?

Guest C3C0

Thanks for pointing out. The link is correct but Goo seems to have some bug or what.

It shows the wrong filename (11) but MD5 checksum displayed is for 15...

I changed links from tiny ones to normal long ones and they seem to work.

Edited by C3C0

Guest IaMHcG

Hi, I am currently using ICE Armor III, and everything works, including proximity sensor. After I flashed this kernel, the volume did improve but proximity sensor just stop working. By stopping working it means my screen stays on all the time, even when I am using phone. Any idea how to fix it? thanks so much.

Guest IaMHcG

Did you try calibrating it?

Thanks for replying. I am trying. MySensor told me my sensor is Taos proximitly sensor.

According to this page http://www.modaco.com/topic/352472-fix-proximity-sensor-issue-on-atomic/#entry1916530

I am the first kind, so I don't need to download anything right? I went through the manual fix section, but there was no files in my data/misc/prox.

I tried to creat one myself, but it didn't work. Now I am quite stuck. Any idea what I should do next? thanks.

Guest IaMHcG

I meant if you tried calibrating using calibration in Settings/device settings.

Yes, I've tried that. That was the first thing I tried and It was not working.

==========

2nd update:

OK,I kind of figured it out. Thank God. I found a "prox_data.txt" file in /data/misc, and replaced the first two digits with 952 and 762, now it's working. Thanks :-)

===========

3rd Update:

OK, it's kind of strange. I decide to wipe all data and start over again. This time, I don't need to change anything. Proximitly sensor calibration in setting simply works. :-P

I don't know why It didn't work last time but works this time. I am not gonna question my luck anyway. But everything works now. :-P

Edited by IaMHcG