Gaming

Guest UnbelievablyScrewed

Guest UnbelievablyScrewed

Just wondering for those who have bought the phones: What games can run on the device? And how smoothly do they do so?

Guest Patrick73

I got gta 3 and at low it runs, also MinecraftMarvin spectrum emu runs great too.Just about any game works, don't forget it's the same speed as the first galaxy S.Reckless getaway, can knockdown 2Pool break proBlow upCordy skyWhets my waterDead runnerMX mayhemCut the ropeShine runner

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fabrizioso

what about gameloft games? anyone tested?

Asphalt 6 is not installable on the G300 according to Goggle Play.

Asphalt 5 works. It is not as smooth as it is on e.g. the HTC Incredible S but it's playable as I tried a quick race. Depends a lot on your personal expectaions, I guess.

Best wishes

Fabrizio

Guest Simon O

Gameloft will need to produce G300 versions of the games as they optimize each game for specific devices :(

The only game I'm bothered about is Mr Legs. If that runs well on this phone then I'll get one :P

Anyone else got gta3 running? I purchased this game when it was first released,expecting it to work on my skate(before they made it clear what devices it would work on) and by time you download SD data and realize it does not run so well,your 15min are up.

Anyway,I am getting a g300 next week so would be cool to play gta3.I will use xda gta settings app too.

I would guess that games like gta3 would run reasonably smooth when w get source and have some overclocking.

Guest FrankieADZ
Anyone else got gta3 running? I purchased this game when it was first released,expecting it to work on my skate(before they made it clear what devices it would work on) and by time you download SD data and realize it does not run so well,your 15min are up.

Anyway,I am getting a g300 next week so would be cool to play gta3.I will use xda gta settings app too.

I would guess that games like gta3 would run reasonably smooth when w get source and have some overclocking.

ive seen a vid on YouTube of someone playing gta3 on the g300. not got it myself

Guest Paddy_

Yea I have it running on the phone. (GTA3 10 year....)

Works well enough with medium settings.

More than well enough to play....

However I wouldn't pay for it. Just downloaded from the web and move it to your phone.

The initial APK is around 10mb, but a further 450mb is required to be downloaded once installed.

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

Yes I've got a few games installed perfectly working.

Currently I've got Pro Evolution Soccer 2012, NBA JAM, Splinter Cell Conviction HD, Virtual Tennis Challenge, BackStab HD, Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nations HD, Pool Break Pro, Assassin's Creed and Asphalt 6 HD all fully working with no lag at all or any performance issues.

I installed Asphalt 6 Sony Ericsson's Xperia Arc .apk version and downloaded the data from gameloft server via wifi and it's working so far very smoothly.

For Splinter Cell Conviction I installed .apk data for HTC Incredible S. Assassins Creed HD Huawei Ideos S7 version which apparently has the same res setting as the Huawei Ascend G300.

All of them are .apk data and then downloaded SD Data from wifi.

For Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nations HD I used Galaxy S2 .apk version and it's working perfectly well no lag at all. Very, very impressed. Graphics and gameplay. Multiplayer online also works lol.

I also tried Dead Space Galaxy S2 problem with that game is that there's crackling sound. While game is running very smoothly. So I uninstalled it.

Basically if you get the .apk version of 480x800 resolution of any other mobile phone game version that will work on this phone too!

Hero of Sparta HD Huawei Ideos S7 version also worked perfectly. Problem with that is that the check points in game do not get saved. If I exit and start again I start from the very beginning. Something frustrating about this, had the same issue with the same game on the Galaxy Ace.

All others are working perfectly so far! :D

I've only got a problem getting Real Football/Soccer 2012 working. It says "Device not Supported. "Please request a refund." I face this issue with some of the latest gameloft games. But no problem with the older ones. Hopefully a solution will be found for this game too.

I intend to make some videos for youtube soon showing how these games work on my phone. :P

I intend to make some videos for youtube soon showing how these games work on my phone. :P

Yes that would be good :)

I have looked on youtube expecting some videos from modaco users,but I can see none :(

Some youtube videos of the devices game and general peformance will help encourage more to buy :)

And the more who buy,the better the party is here,and of course more devs(the most important part)

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

Yeah it seems we're going to have to wait quite a bit for some to post videos.

I mean not many people even got this phone yet, so chances are there are even fewer who even game on it. Hence less chance of posting videos.

But I do want to post videos. It's just that I kinda lack a bit of confidence in doing so. Have no experience of demonstrating gameplay videos. :P

But I might try though. Been playing so far 2 hours of Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation Multiplayer online with no issues, crashes, etc. Very impressed.

Also bought Virtual Pool Mobile from the google play store. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.celeris.VirtualPool&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5jZWxlcmlzLlZpcnR1YWxQb29sIl0. Runs very well, but no exit button, so you have to stop it manually which can be a nuisance. It's the same on my dad's HTC Explorer.

https://play.google....pZmExMl9yb3ciXQ

Btw, it seems FIFA 12 is supported for Huawei Ascend G300 for anyone who's interested. This app is compatible with some of your devices 3 HUAWEI U8815

I am thinking to buy it, since Real Football 2012 isn't supported yet...

Edited by BLaZiNgSPEED

• 1 month later...
Guest timfimjim

GTA3 for the G300 is now showing up as 'incompatible for my device' despite me purchasing it a few months ago. I've recently upgraded to the chinese ICS. Anyone know what to do to get round this? (apart from torrenting it / something illegal)

Thanks

Guest runlevel5

GTA3 for the G300 is now showing up as 'incompatible for my device' despite me purchasing it a few months ago. I've recently upgraded to the chinese ICS. Anyone know what to do to get round this? (apart from torrenting it / something illegal)

Thanks

same thing happened with rockstars max payne.I did a app restore backup of the apk from b888 then restored it in ics,as the sdcard gamedata is present it prompts for wifi download then runs fine.should be same for gta3.

Guest Lgdslr

ShadowGun was 75p so I gave it a shot and it's and absolute mess. Yet there's a video of a guy playing it on a G300 on YouTube without any problems, IIRC.

Poor performance may due to the ICS update.

• 1 year later...
Guest Garnt

anyone tried Order and Chaos Online?does it work?

Yes, it plays ok but imo it really wants to be played on something with a larger screen

Guest pOcHa

anyone tried dead trigger? i have it on my o2x, best graphics iv seen on a smartphone

https://play.google....WFkdHJpZ2dlciJd

i tried it when it came out way back on GB I think, or one of the first ICS stock roms, can't remember now - and it ran smoothly, although some textures were corrupted (but they are most probably fixed in newer versions)

ShadowGun was 75p so I gave it a shot and it's and absolute mess. Yet there's a video of a guy playing it on a G300 on YouTube without any problems, IIRC.

Poor performance may due to the ICS update.

you have to have the right version: