[MOD]MegaBassBeats,the sound enchantment you have been looking for!!!

Guest jul57640

It flashes ok but I am in doubt of it working so easy as this is a galaxy mod. I notice that the AudioEffects.apk appears in system app but will not install on skate.It may need a bit of extra modding to work on skate if it is possible that is.

I have already sent a pm to the dev,so hopefully he get back to me

I thought this be good for cm7 based roms with poor sound.

Edited by Guest

Guest H3ROS

For starters its XLoud and the guys just named it "MegaBassBeats". It also contains the bravia engine, although he's missed some files.

The APK is a service type file so it has no icon and can't actually be installed like other applications. I modded the patch anyway and applied it to AtomICS, but it's either not working or Blade ROM's really do have poor audio because the second I enabled Dolby it was much louder. Just keep in mind that Dolby on Skate is not a placebo effect like it is on Blade either, it's very noticeable.

Guest jul57640

For starters its XLoud and the guys just named it "MegaBassBeats". It also contains the bravia engine, although he's missed some files.

The APK is a service type file so it has no icon and can't actually be installed like other applications. I modded the patch anyway and applied it to AtomICS, but it's either not working or Blade ROM's really do have poor audio because the second I enabled Dolby it was much louder. Just keep in mind that Dolby on Skate is not a placebo effect like it is on Blade either, it's very noticeable.

is there a solution for dolby for cm7 rom?

Oh well that's that then :lol:

So basically this thing is a load of crap then,just like the flash player 10.3 wrapped to look like 11.

Edited by Guest

Guest H3ROS

Oh well that's that then :lol:

So basically this thing is a load of crap then,just like the flash player 10.3 wrapped to look like 11.

Pretty much, and if you decompile the APK one of the smali files even says "xloud".

To be able to have dolby on cm7 we need rom sources from orange :) Anyone willing to try asking them? :D

Edited by C3C0

I see orange making that difficult.

It is a shame that cm7 does not get a little more love,it is a fantastic rom packed with features.If camera & sound was better,among other things like GPS,there is no doubt that cm7 would be my daily driver.

Well you know... If manufacturers went more open source, life would be much easier.

Anyway, if Orange based its rom on AOSP, which is open source, it should automatically inherit the phylosophy behind it and

make sources available. But I should wake up quickly before my hand ends up in potty :D

Zte released source for skate,but I think the problem is that orange may say they do not have to release source for Dolby,as it is nothing to do with AOSP and is a feature they put into the gingerbread rom.

Of course I could be completely wrong and orange may say,"yes here it is no problem,thank-you for choosing orange"

But also I know next to nothing on source and how it is shared,would they have to include source for Dolby with the source for AOSP? I know that android is open source so in theory they should release it.But then I have little knowledge on source and how it is governed.

Edited by Guest

I suppose they simply take the generic AOSP and base their roms on it. They code additional stuff into it and voila they have a branded rom.

But if they include something like Dolby that is patented they probably have to have some kind of a permition to use it and distribute it in their products and

this naturally can be boud to some kind of an agreement that prevents them from sharing the code.