Can't use capacitive buttons in clockworkmod - please help!

Guest leododsonwest

Guest leododsonwest

Evening all,

After successfully flashing a Vivacity TPT to repartition memory from Amphoras, my phone boots in to CWM 4.0.1.5 but I can't select any of the options because the capacitive buttons aren't enabled. I can't see a way around this, or am i being dumb? There is no rom on the phone to boot in to so the phone always boots to CWM, but I can't use it. I can''t use another TPT because I need to do it from the System Update option of the ROM.

Any ideas chaps? Have I knackered it?

Any help muchly appreciated.

Lee.

Guest Dazzozo

Evening all,

After successfully flashing a Vivacity TPT to repartition memory from Amphoras, my phone boots in to CWM 4.0.1.5 but I can't select any of the options because the capacitive buttons aren't enabled. I can't see a way around this, or am i being dumb? There is no rom on the phone to boot in to so the phone always boots to CWM, but I can't use it. I can''t use another TPT because I need to do it from the System Update option of the ROM.

Any ideas chaps? Have I knackered it?

Any help muchly appreciated.

Lee.

Try fastbooting flibblesan's 5.0.2.7 CWM.

Guest leododsonwest

Doesn't the power button replace the home button on the vivacity?

I was hoping so, but no such luck! I'm just trying to fastboot another CWM, having to read up on the process though!

Thanks fellas, much appreciated.

Guest leododsonwest

Try fastbooting flibblesan's 5.0.2.7 CWM.

Given this a go, same problem. Capacitive buttons are lit but don't do anything and the power button doesn't select. Doh! Thanks for the suggestion.

Guest fr0do

Are you wiping Leo?, factory reset/ dalvic cache & cache all need wiping first... then Flibblesans rom should give you the buttons.

Which version of CWM are you seeing? Blue or orange??

Guest leododsonwest

Are you wiping Leo?, factory reset/ dalvic cache & cache all need wiping first... then Flibblesans rom should give you the buttons.

Which version of CWM are you seeing? Blue or orange??

Hi,

I'm seeing both strangely enough. If i just let the phone boot it loads 4.0.1.5 (orange) but if i hold the volume down button i get 5.0.2.7 (blue). Unfortunately i can't do the wipes as I can't select any of the menu options as I don't have use of the home key.

Thanks.

Guest PsYcHoKiLLa

Bad copy then. Wipe 3 times and flash again.

lol he can't wipe cos the buttons don't work. Sorry, I don't have a Vivacity so I can't help.

Guest fr0do

Oh yeah :( That rom sounds like one of the duff ones on Sebs site. Sorry Leo. If you go through the menu in cwm 3 times (I think), you'll get into cheat mode which will let you use another button besides home

Edited by fr0do

Guest Dazzozo

If you let the phone boot and you're seeing CWM 4, that's installed to your boot partition. It's possible to install recoveries to boot which then boot up instead of Android. CWM 5 has installed properly to your recovery partition.

Basically, you have two recoveries installed. I can't really offer advice with the buttons - I don't have the phone myself and (I think?) no one has reported the issue before. I would probably suggest taking the stock ROM TPT, installing that and go from scratch.

Someone would have to help you out with a link, though, I don't know where they were, never had to use them.

Edit: Oh, I see. The TPT you installed puts CWM 4 on both boot and recovery so you're kind of forced in to it.

Edited by Dazzozo

Guest leododsonwest

Oh yeah :( That rom sounds like one of the duff ones on Sebs site. Sorry Leo. If you go through the menu in cwm 3 times (I think), you'll get into cheat mode which will let you use another button besides home

All sorted chaps. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer advice! I went through the CWM 5.0.2.7 menu 3 times and it displays "Back button enabled". In the case of the vivacity this enables the power button so i could flash a rom.

Thanks again,

Lee

Guest irishpancake

All sorted chaps. Thank you so much for taking the time to offer advice! I went through the CWM 5.0.2.7 menu 3 times and it displays "Back button enabled". In the case of the vivacity this enables the power button so i could flash a rom.

Thanks again,

Lee

Good to know leo....smile.gif

maybe, just a suggestion,

to edit OP Title with Full Editor and put in [solved] before Topic Title just for info??

• 1 year later...