Guest tillaz

small guide on how to batch change colour of .png files in seconds

things you will need

1.) GIMP >

LINK

2.) ImageMagick >

LINK

FIRST INSTALL THE PROGRAMS ABOVE

A)) CREATE A NEW FOLDER, NAME IT TEST AND ADD IT TO YOUR MAIN DIRECTORY OF YOU COMPUTER FOR ME ITS >> C:\

C)) GET ALL THE .PNG FILES YOU WANT TO CHANGE THE COLOUR OF, COPY & PASTE THEM TO THE TEST FOLDER

D)) OPEN GIMP, DRAG AND DROP ONE OF THE .PNG FILES FROM THE TEST FOLDER ON TO GIMP TO OPEN IT.

NOW GO TO THE "COLOURS" TAB AT THE TOP & SELECT HUE SATURATION.

E)) MESS AROUND WITH THE SLIDERS UNTIL YOU GET YOUR DESIRED COLOUR

F)) NOW THAT YOU HAVE THE THE COLOUR YOU WISH TO USE PRESS START & SEARCH "CMD" DOUBLE CLICK ON CMD TO OPEN THE COMMAND PROMPT.

G)) NAVIGATE TO THE TEST FOLDER,

YOU ENTER THIS BELOW IN THE COMMAND PROMPT

cd C: est

(PRESS ENTER)

(if your main drive is not C:\ change that part to to the drive you used, example > E:\ G:\ D:\ etc...)

now enter

mogrify -modulate "100, 100, 100" *.*

(PRESS ENTER)(THIS = NO CHANGE)

=====================================================

the first 100 represents lightness

the second 100 represents saturation

the third 100 represents hue

======================================================

THE VALUE 100 REPRESENTS 0 IN GIMP

IF A VALUE IS -4 FOR EXAMPLE IN GIMP, YOU SUBTRACT IT FROM 100 TO GET THE VALUE (96 IN THIS CASE)

IF A VALUE IN GIMP IS 10 FOR EXAMPLE ITS MULTIPLIED WITH 100 (110 IN THIS CASE)

SO NOW YOU NEED TO LOOK BACK AT GIMP TO GET THE VALUES OF YOUR COLOUR TO ENTER IN THE COMMAND PROMPT >>

LOOK AT THE SCREENSHOT FOR AN EXAMPLE

untitgggled.png

SO TO CHANGE ALL THE PNG TO THE COLOUR IN THE SCREENSHOT YOU WOULD ENTER

mogrify -modulate "100, 200, 230" *.*

(PRESS ENTER)

NOW LOOK IN THE TEST FOLDER TO SEE YOUR RESULT

smile.gif

=====================================================

the first 100 represents lightness

the second 100 represents saturation

the third 100 represents hue

======================================================

HOPE THIS EXPLAINS IT, IF ANYONE HAS ANY PROBLEMS OR GET'S STUCK JUST SAY AND I WILL HELP

wink.gif

Guest Frankish

Does this work for some of the 8bit pngs in Android as I know recolouring those with photoshop removes the transparency which basically ruins the image.

Very good find tillaz,I may have to have a play with this since my white theme sort of went out the window(accidentally deleted loads of pngs I needed and sort of spat my dummy out and gave up :lol: )

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

Does this work for some of the 8bit pngs in Android as I know recolouring those with photoshop removes the transparency which basically ruins the image.

yeah, seems to work fine smile.gif

Guest crnadakm

Hm, try using Fireworks and when saving png go to advanced and chose mate color - transparent, if you think on a transparent background. If you want to make objects transparent then you should save it as png 32bit, image will remain the same as it appears on monitor...

Hi tillaz,

I been working on a theme for a few days and its almost done(well apart from all the statusbar area).Just one thing is giving me a head ache,the bottom of pull down bar.

I have tried theming it UOT but it refuses to change,so I tried changing color to match theme with gimp,and it dont look right.

Is there a way I can return to the standard type bottom bar,which is easy to theme ?

post-796032-0-80221400-1335048845_thumb.

Edited by Guest

Thankyou for the detailed reply,I may have to read it several times to take all that info in :lol:

edit: ok I think I see what you mean:

1) decompile systemui.apk

2) edit the png

3) recompile

As my theme is white,I can use the auto-white feature in gimp,which should avoid any unnecessary messing about .

Edited by Guest

Guest tillaz

Thankyou for the detailed reply,I may have to read it several times to take all that info in :lol:

also, if you need to use the colourize option to get the white colour, make sure you bucket fill the black boarder

(black dots or lines around the whole png) so its solid black

Guest tillaz

edit: ok I think I see what you mean:

1) decompile systemui.apk

2) edit the png

3) recompile

As my theme is white,I can use the auto-white feature in gimp,which should avoid any unnecessary messing about .

yes, if you get errors comping post your log and i can help... or just re-colour the black boarder/dots to solid black with bucket fill

Guest tillaz

im putting this to the test.. see if i can release an orange theme in 15 mins.. (normally would take weeks)

finished... time to test smile.gif

working fine.. expect a rainbow of themes for atomicmod...

• 6 months later...

Hi tillaz,

trying to figure out how to get the color value in gimp, I change color with hue saturation but I do not know how to get the value lol.

I have everything set up correct as I tested it with the example values above and all my pngs are purple.

Hi tillaz,

trying to figure out how to get the color value in gimp, I change color with hue saturation but I do not know how to get the value lol.

I have everything set up correct as I tested it with the example values above and all my pngs are purple.

untitgggled.png

THE VALUE 100 REPRESENTS 0 IN GIMP

IF A VALUE IS -4 FOR EXAMPLE IN GIMP, YOU SUBTRACT IT FROM 100 TO GET THE VALUE (96 IN THIS CASE)

IF A VALUE IN GIMP IS 10 FOR EXAMPLE ITS MULTIPLIED WITH 100 (110 IN THIS CASE)

IF A VALUE IN GIMP IS 0 YOU WOULD WOULD USE 100

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou tillaz much appreciated :)

edit: lol still not right for me, maybe I just not getting it :(

In my screen I have same as you only 10 less in hue, but it does not work for me

Sorry if I being a pain tillaz, sometimes I need a childs explanation to get something :lol:

edit: reinstalled ImageMagic and it is working now

post-796032-0-35114500-1352656353_thumb.

Edited by Guest