cpu over clocking

Guest favod

Guest favod

hi i'm a total noob and have seen in most threads people talking about over clocking i wanted to try this but don't wanna kill my phone can some one give some advice where to start what app to use and what settings to go for for the best results im currently running MIUIfusionX

Guest muhahahaah

you can use no-frills cpu control.

every CPU is different. so the best way to find out how high you can overclock is to try.

Make sure you don't select "set on boot" an then increase max value step by step.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RaTToX

960MHz is stable. I tried 979MHz about a week, sometimes it was "frozen" over night. So i had to remove the battery.

Guest iReece

Depends on the rom you use. Stock rom cannot be overclocked without a custom kernel.

ICS cyanogenmod rom, I've managed up to 940 without freezing. 960 is okay, but prone to freezing. Tried overclocking to 1gig, failed miserably. Saved the settings and crashed my phone into oblivion.

Miui rom, managed 960 easily. Anything above this doesn't crash it but it DOES make it play an incredibly strange high pitched scream. On the bus. Non-stop... When you're listening to music and can't hear it, but everyone else on the bus can... Embarrassing...

Average of 940 for stability, 960 for stability and speed.

Try it out yourself! Make sure to uncheck the box asking to set values on boot, if it crashes, you are pretty much stuffed!

Edited by iReece