partitioning ext3??

Guest swys

Someone please help me trying to partition my zte blade got a standard 2gb sd card and am wanting like a 500mb fat32 and rest as a ext3 partition. I am using minitool partition wizard in windows 7, Basically I create the fat32 partition then the ext3 partition also to note unless I label the ext3 partition as "sd-ext" it won't even mount the sd card if I reboot the phone :( so once I partitioned the ext3 partition I reboot the phone it finds the sd card fat32 partition is good but looking in s2e I can it hasn't worked then I reload minitool partition up very wierd the ext3 partition has converted itself to an ext2 partition? :)

any help please?

Well something very odd happening getting somewhere. I went into clockwork recovery and played about with partition sd card in advanced but kept saying device has no space left anyway I formatted the sdcard directory in cwr then did a repartition of 512mb mounted sdcard through cwr and for some odd reason in minitool partition it was saying only 1.4gb and no unallocated space was there so where had the 512mb gone??

Anyway unmounted it and repartitoned this time full 2gb remounted it in cwr this time minitool said 1.88gb bad disk? lol went back into cwr this time repartitoned at 1gb and restarted the phone into cm7 it booted into phone I connected usb went into minitool partition and I had 2 partitions now 1gb fat32 and 1gb ext3.. (yes it said ext3!) I thought wtf is happening, I opened s2e up and yes it working I had 800 odd mb of ext storage. So I now thought ok I rebooted back into cwr and partitioned sd card at 512mb hoping the rest would be ext3 restarted phone connected usb opened up minitool partition and I thought wtf!! it said I had a 1.4gb fat32 and a 496mb ext3??? even though I partitioned in cwr as 512mb... lol is the ext3 only capable of a max of 1gb??

Anybody?

Guest Redstarr1

I don't have a lot of experience with S2E, but the one time I tried it, the ext-partition I used wit Link2SD worked fine. So why don't you try this guide?

http://android.modaco.com/topic/346620-link2sd-guide-updated-please-read/

Just skip the Link2SD part in the end, creating an ext partition is universally the same. Did you format your ext-partition as primary? Don't see that anywhere in your thread.

And finally, why would you want such a big ext-partition? You can't possibly need more than 1GB place for your apps. My ext partition is 500MB and I still have 200 MB left. Do you seriously only leave 500 MB for your music/pictures/videos? So unless you have a TON of apps, your FAT32 partition should be bigger than the ext3-partition.

Guest hugobosslives

just do it in clockwork.

it has a menu for ext3 partition of an sdcard.

NB; yes it does take ages in clockwork. don't assume it has hung. may take 5ish mins.