Bootanimation request

Guest felystar

Guest hugobosslives

/system/media/bootanimation.zip

if your thinking of making one you just need to put image files eg jpgs into folders and then write how you want it to loop the folders in a text file.

my advice is to take the ics one and have a look at the structure

Guest plegdroid

Hey guys do u kniw where can I find the ICS bootanimation for the Zte Skate?? I am lookong for but it is not anywheree!!

do you mean a copy to install ?

Guest felystar

Yes, I do. I found a month ago a topic with a flashable zip with the bootanimation but now I cant find it. And I dont have a PC right now to download the ROM and take out the bootanimation :(

Guest hugobosslives

i find it easier just to drop it into /system/media with root explorer or es explorer (in root/write) mode.

but if you want to make it into a flashable zip. go ahead and take a zip for another mod for the skate. and change what it replaces with the bootanimation.zip in the system/media folder

oh and here is the actual animation... http://www.mediafire.com/?tbfazria5xlaxhm

enjoy.....

Guest felystar
i find it easier just to drop it into /system/media with root explorer or es explorer (in root/write) mode.

but if you want to make it into a flashable zip. go ahead and take a zip for another mod for the skate. and change what it replaces with the bootanimation.zip in the system/media folder

oh and here is the actual animation... http://www.mediafire...tbfazria5xlaxhm

enjoy.....

Thanks for your tut but the problem is that I cant find the bootanimation from ICS ( I dont matter zip flasheable or just copying) and I donr have a computer right now so I was asking if somebody knows where to find it

Guest plegdroid

Thanks for your tut but the problem is that I cant find the bootanimation from ICS ( I dont matter zip flasheable or just copying) and I donr have a computer right now so I was asking if somebody knows where to find it

can you download to your phone?

Guest hugobosslives

.....I just posted a link direct to the animation in my post you quoted....

here it is again: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tbfazria5xlaxhm

just click on that and download it to your phone.

that zip file is just the bootanimation from ICS.

Guest felystar

Sorry for double post but get error with taparalk when trying to edit

I have put the bootanimation.zip in Internal/system/media and have rebooted but still have the original androis bootanim... :( PS: In media folder there wasnt any bootanmi zip just audio folder

Guest hugobosslives

i'm confused.

you put it in the right place and when you reboot you get the andyman splashscreen and then what? nothing (black) until it fully boots? that is a symptom of having no bootanimation or a corrutped one.

you sure you put it in /system/media.

if you go to that folder now. is it still there? it must be left as a zip and not an extracted folder.....

Guest felystar
i'm confused.

you put it in the right place and when you reboot you get the andyman splashscreen and then what? nothing (black) until it fully boots? that is a symptom of having no bootanimation or a corrutped one.

you sure you put it in /system/media.

if you go to that folder now. is it still there? it must be left as a zip and not an extracted folder.....

Yes there is the zip but the bootanim I get is android letters

Guest hugobosslives

wait sorry my bad. think i miss understood you. my link is the cm9 animation which is what i thought you wanted....

I realise now you want the stock ICS animation. so see plegdroid's link above.

Guest felystar
Try changing permissions to 644

What is it?? Maybe it is to do with the file manager I'm using. I use Miui file manager and root pernissions

Guest plegdroid

Not working. Still get gray android letters. I'm using AtomicICS 1.3 and before I put bootanimation.zip in media folder there was none

its defo the right one as it's come from media on my phone and it's the one iam using :!