Notification extra LED "pixel" - is it normal?

Guest bounty123

Guest bounty123

Hi! I just got my One X. Can other owners check please, if you can see an extra little pixel of the notification light when it's on (like charging) between the screen and the body when looking at it at about vertical angle? Almost like there's another smaller led below the normal one, near the screen. I find it somewhat annoying. Of course it's not visible when the led light is off.

I made a photo of the issue:

Also have the common problem that when pressing on the outer side edge of the glass, there are some ripples on the side of the screen. But this won't occur under normal use, so I'm not worried about it.

post-606367-0-86408700-1335057067_thumb.

Guest Paul77

Actually, on closer inspection I can see a tiny dot of light from the LED if I view the phone from the side. It isn't visable at the same angle as yours though. It isn't anything to worry about.

Not sure if I would accept the screen ripple though - HTC will replace devices with this problem.

Edited by Paul77

Guest SozzaSinnian

I also have the 'Pixel light' but no ripples. I would get that ripple thing looked into as it could lead to more issues down the line.

Guest bounty123

An update to my case: I tried to replace my phone in warranty, but my carrier denied it, claiming that this fault does not affect the usability. So I just sent them back the whole package for refund - which is possible in our country when buying online, without question, for 8 days - and bought another one. This one seems to be perfect so far.

Guest dan_ep82

An update to my case: I tried to replace my phone in warranty, but my carrier denied it, claiming that this fault does not affect the usability. So I just sent them back the whole package for refund - which is possible in our country when buying online, without question, for 8 days - and bought another one. This one seems to be perfect so far.

yeah i had same problem with mine was a defect in the bead around the screen