Can we see official ICS on Blade.. looks like there is a slim hope !!!

Guest Ultra-blade

Guest skywave

Dunno if bad analyst or wrongly quoted. ZTE announced a shitload of new devices at MWC this year, none share any hardware with the Blade/Skate

Guest Maxsas360

Official? Don't think so... Quallcomm didn't even release libs for ARMv6, that are suitable for manufacturers not casual dev's. There is no official support for ICS for ARMv6.

Guest Ultra-blade

Yup.. I think that is what it means upgrading.. Agree that it makes no economic sense to invest in a old device

But I am hopeful our wonderful dev community might extract some useful stuff from these newer version...!!!

Although I am being overly optimistic here... If they somehow manage fit ICS on blade & release on a low cost.. sales volumes will sky rocket !!!

Remember ZTE is not generating sales volumes on high end devices that they have released because brand being less popular & too much competition in those price segments... the article is also in also on the same lines...

Guest Ron=)

IF they did release ICS for the blade, the would simply re-brand it as another phone (like the libra situation) and sell it all over again.. Now that makes economical sense.

Sony ericsson used to do it all the time. The w800i was the older k750i with new covers and updated software.. they sold shittons with the w800i being their first walkman phone.

Just bang some new covers on the blade and give it ICS and would have a new product at minimal cost!

Guest Maxsas360

IF they did release ICS for the blade, the would simply re-brand it as another phone (like the libra situation) and sell it all over again.. Now that makes economical sense.

Sony ericsson used to do it all the time. The w800i was the older k750i with new covers and updated software.. they sold shittons with the w800i being their first walkman phone.

Just bang some new covers on the blade and give it ICS and would have a new product at minimal cost!

Well every SE dumbphone's fw is compatible with some other's one lol. There are alot more examples.

Guest t0mm13b

Official? Don't think so... Quallcomm didn't even release libs for ARMv6, that are suitable for manufacturers not casual dev's. There is no official support for ICS for ARMv6.

Yep, ARMv6 is on its last legs, by the end of year (give or take a few months), 1Ghz ARMv7 will become the norm as there's a sh!tload of ARMv6 chips lying around and being flogged as cheap entry smartphone, the landscape has changed ever since and so inevitably, the death knell of the ARMv6 in relation and concerning ICS is happening :)

http://m.gsmarena.co...s-news-4172.php

we were missing something then SE is making a arm 6 ics phone

Edit here, that's the msm7227a - the 'a' part makes a big difference that's not armv6 folks, that's armv7....

Edited by t0mm13b