HELP!! "mobile network not available" error

Guest SFII..

Guest SFII..

hi,

my orange San Francisco 2 arrived yesterday, all is great except for the fact I cant make calls/texts as I get a "mobile network not available" I have not modded the phone at all so it is still on the orange network and I have tried multiple sims that will not work and I have no signal at all the indicator shows no bars with a cross! my sim contacts show up so the card is recognised it's just not working.

can someone please help me out with a fix or should I just send it straight back to orange?

thanks!

Edited by SFII..

Guest Dazzozo

hi,

my orange San Francisco 2 arrived yesterday, all is great except for the fact I cant make calls/texts as I get a "mobile network unavailable" I have not modded the phone at all so it is still on the orange network and I have tried multiple sims that will not work and I have no signal at all the indicator shows no bars with a cross! my sim contacts show up so the card is recognised it's just not working.

can someone please help me out with a fix or should I just send it straight back to orange?

thanks!

Call Orange. I believe they lock some devices for transit. They'll unlock it over the phone.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest floatingcloud

for your problem, may be it is just a setting issue, you can open setting-nethering & network-mobilenetwork-open the data connection, then it will be ok.

Edited by floatingcloud

Guest fr0do

Call Orange. I believe they lock some devices for transit. They'll unlock it over the phone.

Yes, a few people have had this problem. Orange said that they lock a few devices as some sort of security check. You just need to phone them to get it working.

Edited by fr0do

Guest BLu3HaZe

Thanks for the info, good to know there is such locking, as I directly got mine shipped to my country without even getting opened in UK. Will have to be more careful when buying next time, lucky there weren't any such locks in mine.

On a side note, can this "lock" be removed by unlocking to any SIM and/or flashing custom firmware?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Guest BLu3HaZe

It's just the Orange some that's locked. If you were to unlock the phone then any other sim should work.

Ok thanks, so it's more like a network lock for the SIM? It being inactive until we call them.

Now I've never used this SIM or even taken it out, should it work if I was to send it back to UK in a few months in any other phone than my SFII?