Windows 7, G300 USB drivers after ADK install

Guest Paddy_

Guest Paddy_

I have downloaded the updates through the android DK, however when I go to device manger to install USB drivers for debug mode.

The generic drivers in the 'Extras' folder aren't recognised.

Is there another location for the G300 USB drivers?

Guest Davidoff59

did you find the 2 .DLL files in platform-tools it did you get to that step yet. Sorry not at PC and am new to this myself.If no one else gives advice, I will go through the steps tomorrow Eve and see can I find the issue.

Guest Paddy_

I see the 2 .dll file in that folder.

As to installing the USB driver. I have uninstalled the devices driver as a 'mass storage', then tried again to right click on the 'Android adapter' and install driver from the required location. However it still produces the same result... 'windows could not find the drivers for this device'.

Thanks for the help, its appreciated.

Guest Davidoff59

you have to copy and paste those 2 DLL files to the tools folder then it may work.

If it doesn't, just plug phone in normally to.PC and let it download the drivers automatically. It can take a while but eventually gets them. Then go back to the sdk after that and see where you are at.

Guest Paddy_

Balls!

I have tried both of the above and am no further on.

When I plug the phone in again windows installs it as a mass storage device, with or without SD card in place.

It bound to be something simple Im missing, but for the life of me....

Guest Frankish

I'd copy the drivers iso file from the system partition. Mount it with daemon tools. Remove device from my computer devices. Boot into fastboot mode, install drivers from mounted iso file.

Guest Gary_J_Wright

think you are confusing the 'modes' of phone? 1) phone booted as normal has standard usb mass storage and 2) phone in BOOTLOADER mode it will show as a adb interface, bootloader mode is what you need to install pauls root mod and/or sebastions404 clockworkmod

1)windows usb mass storage

try it with usb debugging ( menu>settings>aplications>development - tick box usb debugging) ticked and unticked with phone booted as normal, let it install drivers automatically when you plug in usb cable

2) BOOTLOADER MODE

NOW take battery out, hold volume down and keep holding, insert battery, press power till it vibrates- release power only (holding volume down still) after say 10 seconds release volume down and phone should be stuck on start up logo, now plug in usb and it should install a different set of drivers along line of adb interface.

hopefully this is all the drivers installed

you are now in bootloader mode and should be able to flash super recovery or Clockworkmod

ANYTHING you flash is AT YOUR OWN RISK, not sure read up, ask people to double check 1st!

Im running win7 64 bit and its finds phone fine.

Edited by Gary_J_Wright

Guest Paddy_

Ok I have uninstalled the mass storage drivers.

Put the phone into bootloader mode.

Then plugged in the USB.

It now doesn't register in Device Manager, there is no drivers auto installed on insertion of USB.

Do I need to put it into debugging mode before bootloader mode?

When I get this sorted I think Ill write a guide for the next noob!!

Ahhhhh!

Guest Paddy_

Ok, Think I have got it now... In Debugging Mode I can see 'Android Composite ADB interface' in device manager.

In Bootloader mode it shows 'fastboot' in device manager.

The question is, now I have that sorted where do I go from there? Thanks for your help guy!

Guest Davidoff59

What are you trying to do? are you putting on Sebastian's rom. If so download it to your pc. Then paste it into the tools folder I think it is. Then you will need to search.for instructions on how to push it to the phone. I am having to do this myself later as I am suffering from severe phone lag for some unknown reason which requires constant battery pulls. If you not sorted by then, I will post the instructions that I find.