Earpiece problems

Guest xnapt

Guest xnapt

Unfortunately my pulse earpiece doesn't work anymore and I can't find a replacement anywhere. Does anyone know if there are some compatible earpieces, or tell me where I can a replacement part?

Everything works, except the earpiece, so I guess that's not a rom/kernel issue because I've changed to different ROM's and the issue still remains.

Guest desalesouche

hi .when my sister gave me phone;it had no earphone...and here in france and belgium it is very diificult to find earphone with 2.5 mm jack audio...so i simply buy a stereo earphone adaptator...so i can plug any 3.5 jack into the 2.5 mm jack adaptator and plug 2.5 adaptator to phone...you can find these adaptator on net and in shop...

i had to cut some tiny part of phone to make it fit....(depending on the adaptator) here's my solution....but if you can find directly a 2.5 earpiece it is better i think...

Guest pedrojaime

I find that if you can get a 2.5-3.5mm headphones adaptor that clicks in, then you can get decent 3.5mm regular headphones. The problem I find is that most adaptors don't 'click' into the jack, they are just sitting there loose and can easily get pulled out. Also, Nokia also seems just to do 1 ear headphones for calls. I am also struggling to find 2-ear phones for music. You may have luck with Blackberry also.

good luck,

Peter

Edited by pedrojaime

Guest twrock

As mentioned above, I too have purchased after-market Nokia 2.5 mm headset. The advantage is that you also will have the microphone so you can actually use it for calls.

But when I just want to listen to music, I much prefer the combination of a 2.5->3.5 mm adapter and a pair of larger earphones (over-the-ear type). I found that by looking at the package description, I was able to get an 8 ohm set of earphones (vs. 16 or 32 ohm), and the music can be played at a higher volume.

Guest xnapt

Thank for the replies but I wasn't talking about the earphones. The problem is with the phone internal earpiece.

My earphones work fine, but it's pain in the ass to put them every time someone's calling

Guest twrock

Oh. Well, in that case, you're screwed.

Actually, depending on how handy you are with a small screwdriver and a soldering iron, most anything is possible.

Good luck.

Guest xnapt

Oh. Well, in that case, you're screwed.

Actually, depending on how handy you are with a small screwdriver and a soldering iron, most anything is possible.

Good luck.

My problem is not soldering. In fact i don't need to because the earpiece is not soldered to the phone. I just need a new one to change ;)

Or if you have a friend with a pulse, break his and don't confess. After a day offer him some small amount of money and get the earpiece. :D

That would be a good solution... Will you borrow me your phone? I have to make an emergency call... :ph34r:

:D

That would be a good solution... Will you borrow me your phone? I have to make an emergency call... :ph34r:

:D

Sure, let me get my earphones first. :P

Guest pedrojaime

I once removed a mini bios speaker from a PC and soldered it onto my broken Skype phone and it still works perfectly today (in fact the sound is even louder than before). Good luck and let us know what you learn if you decide to take the phone apart/find someone who can!

Guest twrock

My problem is not soldering. In fact i don't need to because the earpiece is not soldered to the phone. I just need a new one to change ;)

Too bad you don't live in Taiwan. Electronic components are abundant and cheap.

Back when I used a Palm PDA, I did some hardware modifications and repairs myself. Fun, but nerve-wracking to use a blunt soldering iron on such tiny components. :wacko:

Guest smethrony

You can buy new latest earphone which gives best sound quality. I think BayBloor Radio, Kromer Radio, Grado, Sennheiser, AKG etc are best option to buy earpieces in Toronto. There are so many online shops available in Toronto which offers best earpieces.

Edited by smethrony