[11-06] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Endeavor Unleashed | 015

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest kchino

After 16 hours with the new version still 86% battery left (includes the new display values)

I've been using these values from j4n87's mod on xda and I get about 5 hours screen on time with moderate usage.

<integer-array name="config_autoBrightnessLcdBacklightValues">

<item>1</item>

<item>11</item>

<item>23</item>

<item>35</item>

<item>48</item>

<item>55</item>

<item>80</item>

<item>150</item>

<item>200</item>

<item>255</item>

</integer-array>

You don't have to edit the xml file to change this either you can do it from Settings>Display>Auto backlight>Light Levels>Edit other levels. I changed the screen dim level to 1 too. The HOX screen is insanely bright although these settings my be to dim for some definitely saves some juice.

Edited by kchino

Guest manwar25

Hi all

I know that Trip has a lot of work to do with Roms but......... @Trip. you have to answer our questions and tell us what are you going to fix in the next release as we always support and respect your hard work.

Most of users posts and questions are ignored by you. Why?

Don't get me wrong but I know that this thread is yours and no any other developer is working on CM9 Rom except you so try to help us and let some users that can edit jar or xml files to help you in trying to edit these files just to get the work done quickly.

You can at least suggest a fix or something to be edited and let us to try and report back. May be this make the fixing process a little bit faster.

There are still a lot of bugs in camera, Bluetooth, call volume and Market.

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hi all

I know that Trip has a lot of work to do with Roms but......... @Trip. you have to answer our questions and tell us what are you going to fix in the next release as we always support and respect your hard work.

Most of users posts and questions are ignored by you. Why?

Don't get me wrong but I know that this thread is yours and no any other developer is working on CM9 Rom except you so try to help us and let some users that can edit jar or xml files to help you in trying to edit these files just to get the work done quickly.

You can at least suggest a fix or something to be edited and let us to try and report back. May be this make the fixing process a little bit faster.

There are still a lot of bugs in camera, Bluetooth, call volume and Market.

I'm not here to answer 1000 questions a day, and i'm not ever going to provide eta! Neither i will ever provide lists of things i'm going to fix! You dont see this anywhere lol so why do i need to do what YOU want it is MY free time????? even if i would provide a list i get bombarded with request to fix things now and leave others.

Guest Sebianoti

I'm not here to answer 1000 questions a day, and i'm not ever going to provide eta! Neither i will ever provide lists of things i'm going to fix! You dont see this anywhere lol so why do i need to do what YOU want it is MY free time????? even if i would provide a list i get bombarded with request to fix things now and leave others.

how about include those things in the list that says not working, only common sense.

Guest TripNRaVeR

how about include those things in the list that says not working, only common sense.

That is a bugtracker. Not any bug is to be included in the not working list. Rotating screen gives a 1 sec black screen. Does that mean that screen rotation is not working? No it doesnt. Is it priority? Absolutely not.

Guest manwar25

You dont see this anywhere lol so why do i need to do what YOU want it is MY free time?????

I didn't tell you to work in your free time!!!!! it is up to you.

I see TODO list everywhere and I always see that developers interact with users and with millions of questions.

Why always your answers on these types of questions show your anger!!

Guest TripNRaVeR

I didn't tell you to work in your free time!!!!! it is up to you.

I see TODO list everywhere and I always see that developers interact with users and with millions of questions.

Why always your answers on these types of questions show your anger!!

Its up to me exactly so that makes it up to me what i do in my free time.

A todo list is something different then the list of things you requested me to do.

ps. i'm always angry i dont have reasons to be happy but that involves my personal life and there is no one here in the position to judge me on that

Guest deadsmile

Trip, you make this rom on your free time and so this is dependant of your personnal life. Do things as you feel them and don't let people get you down.

Your work is amazing. I'm sad you're alone working on it, but it is yur choice and we all have to respect this ;)

Now, I prefer speaking of facts about the rom on this thread IMO it is what it is there for. We're not on a blog, not on a facebook page, but on a development forum thread.

So back to making this Rom better (with the only hing I can do : test and give feedback (with some interpretations ^^)

Only thing bugging me right now with this rom is the unability to change volume and (probably linked) echo during call...

I also sometimes get the crash of death were I need to "turn off" the phone (till the light blink) before rebooting it :/

This is the only thing making me think to go back to stock sense CRAP , hoping this get's fixed in v007 ;) (I will be dreaming of this battery life ^^)

Keep up the good work :D

Edited by deadsmile

Guest manwar25

Its up to me exactly so that makes it up to me what i do in my free time.

A todo list is something different then the list of things you requested me to do.

ps. i'm always angry i dont have reasons to be happy but that involves my personal life and there is no one here in the position to judge me on that

I didn't ask you to do anything or judging you or anything like that.

I was just trying to suggest an idea to help in fixing process.

Guest Tashyzal

Perhaps, but since that's not possible for us to change, we should just appreciate his work and not misintepreted every other post that is made between each other. Trip could be a bit more clear on his updates though. He keeps fixing things which he thinks have priority which is great, but how long it will approximately take before we are getting those is not made clear. But still, it's his choice.

Guest TripNRaVeR

@Trip i could provide with you a bugtracker for all them issues if you want? nothing fancy but itll be nice..

Sure could be handy

Guest deadsmile

@ Trip : not asking for Eta, if you're going to... etc...

But, do you have a clue for the echo and volume bug ?

Is there a way to help you solving it ?

Same question for the "freeze of death" or however to name it...

Just ask, I will give my best ;)

Guest TripNRaVeR

@ Trip : not asking for Eta, if you're going to... etc...

But, do you have a clue for the echo and volume bug ?

Is there a way to help you solving it ?

Same question for the "freeze of death" or however to name it...

Just ask, I will give my best ;)

I dont have none of these issues anymore. Sleep of dead hasnt occured once on my phone also not in any previous releases

Guest Joel lock

I dont have none of these issues anymore. Sleep of dead hasnt occured once on my phone also not in any previous releases

same here..i only have had one SOD on your last build but not on this one..

Guest deadsmile

Sorry for dumb asking..

You told me before to try a clean install. Did you mean to wipe all this and install or also to not enable any backed up apps ?

Thanks for your time (and happy to know it will work soon ^^)

EDIT : Can i flash another kernel ? (like bricked one's or franco.Kernel ?) If Yes which one do you suggest ?

Edited by deadsmile

Guest dlkotoric

I also have problems with phone constantly rebooting and the sleepof death and also people keep asking me why they are echoing

Guest Joel lock

@ Joel, do your phone partners hear the echo ?

in 005 yes but in this one they don't hear anything..btw i don't do backups/restore