[11-06] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Endeavor Unleashed | 015

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest h00pyfr00d

erm help please im really tired and the phone won't boot :)

Can you get to the Bootloader or the Recovery screen?

If you can get to the bootloader but no further, even after clearing the cache you'll need to reflash the recovery. Might need to go all the way back to stock rom for that. If you can get to recovery, clear all caches, data, dalvik etc and try again. Don't flash GAPPS straight away. Do a boot first.

Give us some indications of what you're struggling with and we'll try to help.

Guest Pharoxx

any ideas what to do if it doesnt boot, already tried flashing it several times... shuld i use the boot image from the opening post or is there another one?

im stuck oon the quietly brilliant screen...

tried the fastboot erase cache, didnt work also tried a full wipe and reinstall

yeah i got recovery and fastboot and hboot and everything...

Edited by Pharoxx

Guest n3ocort3x

ok... you do the following:

boot into the bootloader

connnect usb

then a fastboot erase cache

then you flash the boot.img from the 012 relase

than a fastboot erase cache again

reboot into recovery

wipe all (dalvik, cache, battery, factory reset)

install 012

fix permissions (in recovery: advanced : fix permissions)

reboot

This MUST work

Edited by n3ocort3x

shuld i use the boot image from the opening post or is there another one?

use the boot.img that is inside the rom you have downloaded :

- unzip the cm_endeavoru-ota-eng.noeri_012.zip into a cm_endeavoru-ota-eng.noeri_012/ folder

- at the root of the cm_endeavoru-ota-eng.noeri_012/ folder there is a boot.img file

- it's that file you'll have to flash (fastboot flash boot boot.img)

- you will have to reboot in recovery mode to flash the ROM from the recovery

Here are some resources to flash the ROM

For that, you have to have a working recovery :

-either your can enter it (fastboot erase cache)

- or you have to flash it again (fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.3.1-endeavoru.img)

some resources to flash the recovery

Edited by a2b

Guest TripNRaVeR

2YE38879EW283114U --> Enjoy your beer (hope its a large and cold one..) xD

any ideas what to do if it doesnt boot, already tried flashing it several times... shuld i use the boot image from the opening post or is there another one?

im stuck oon the quietly brilliant screen...

tried the fastboot erase cache, didnt work also tried a full wipe and reinstall

yeah i got recovery and fastboot and hboot and everything...

Dont flash gapps

Guest Pharoxx

after like 20 reflashes its booting :) thanks guys phewwwwww good night, i will report wether or not the echo and camera fc is fixed tomorrow.

Guest apascual89
I have to tell something to those who are always nagging about "little" problems:

Have you ever developed something ?? Or do you even no how "code" looks like or do you know what debugging means ?

What does it mean to build something from scratch ? (I´m ASM and C Coder)

I can´t belive that people nagging about screen rotation black screens and ****ing camera issues.The most important thing

in my view is that the phone and its most important components work and are stable. (For example the echo issue, or the 1.4GHz CPU bug)

Then you can focus on not so important things like the cam..

Please... before post... think.

@Trip

Thanks again for your effort and keep up the excellent work. I would like to spend you a beer but i can´t reach paypal.. seems to be down atm

Wow, I agree with your main point, but take it easy.

Its called feedback. Just talking about me here, but I wanted to let Trip know that the camera fc was still happening. I also provided a logcat. Since trip works alone I think that makes us all his testers and he needs that kind of feedback (Trip correct me if I'm wrong here)

Also I don't know if you have kids, but the camera is very important when you do:lol:

Edited by apascual89

Guest n3ocort3x

dont get me wrong mate... it´s ok but not over and over again... and always the same persons with the same issues. They think when they post

the same issues over every page, development will be faster....as I said... dont get me wrong..xD

Guest apascual89

No problem. As I said I agree with you in theory.

Let's get back on topic and enjoy this incredible piece of work that Trip has provided for us!

Guest apascual89
+1

and when we talk about:

I´m currently testing GPS...

I thinks it's working well. It took about a minute to get the first lock. But then it was quick after that.

I use the GPS Test app . According to that it locks into at least 6 satellites

Guest TripNRaVeR

Hey Trip,

im currently on 009 (full wipe), do we need full wipe for 012??

I always advise full wipe cause you dont have strange errors in that case. I always do a full wipe with every version that i release so i know that when i release something it works as i said it would work.

Kernel changelog for upcoming kernel:

https://github.com/TripNRaVeR/tripnbricked-endeavoru/commits/master

Guest n3ocort3x

cool stuff.. release tomorow ?? (or wait... today ?? its 00:29) xD

EDIT

I´m having the WLAN Bug again that I experienced on others ROMs too:

Wlan works in Browser BUT in market and in Apps it takes a while 1-2 minutes after a connection is sucsessfull... in 008 , 009

010 , 011 i´havent that bug... now it´s here again...

But what I wonder about: I installed 012 first time... bug wasnt there... then i installed it a second time (exactly as i done it first time)

and now the bug is here... somone here who knows what this causes or is ??

Edited by n3ocort3x

Guest TripNRaVeR

cool stuff.. release tomorow ?? (or wait... today ?? its 00:29) xD

I want to do some more fixes and then i release

Guest Jaso333

I have to tell something to those who are always nagging about "little" problems:

Have you ever developed something ?? Or do you even no how "code" looks like or do you know what debugging means ?

What does it mean to build something from scratch ? (I´m ASM and C Coder)

I can´t belive that people nagging about screen rotation black screens and ****ing camera issues.The most important thing

in my view is that the phone and its most important components work and are stable. (For example the echo issue, or the 1.4GHz CPU bug)

Then you can focus on not so important things like the cam..

Please... before post... think.

@Trip

Thanks again for your effort and keep up the excellent work. I would like to spend you a beer but i can´t reach paypal.. seems to be down atm

Hello all,

After lurking these forums for a good while (since Trip started releasing CM9 ROMs) I have never felt the need to create an account apart from now.

I am also a Software Engineer by profession and I completely disagree with this post. The discipline that I work under heavily promotes the use of testing within a software life-cycle. In essence, this thread is a software testing specification; no matter how small or insignificant the bug is, it is still something that needs fixing. The simple fact is, Trip has not been complaining about the outcomes of personal testing, he has been taking the comments on board and implementing them within the subsequent releases. After all, why do you think he has preceded his release versions with '00'? (before 010), this implies a maximum version number of 999.

The last version I flashed was 003, I went to revolution since then. As soon as the bugs within this ROM are ironed out to an acceptable level, I am massively looking forward to using this ROM on a daily basis.

Massive thanks to you Trip and all the testers, keep up the good work!

Edited by Jaso333

Guest n3ocort3x

I am also a Software Engineer by profession and I completely disagree with this post. The discipline that I work under heavily promotes the use of testing within a software life-cycle. In essence, this thread is a software testing specification; no matter how small or insignificant the bug is, it is still something that needs fixing. The simple fact is, Trip has not been complaining about the outcomes of personal testing, he has been taking the comments on board and implementing them within the subsequent releases. After all, why do you think he has preceded his release versions with '00'? (before 010), this implies a maximum version number of 999.

I know why they are named 001 - 999.... But some people in this Thread think its a Major Release... and that is where my problem start...

What I wanted to tell em, is that it´s not necessary to tell the whole story again and again and again on every site... its ok to mention something. But when everyone has

massive problems with an echo and a bug that pushes cpu onto 1.4GHz the whole time and then I read something about the cam and black screens when rotating... hey...they read that the dev is working to fix cpu and echo and ask again again and again for the freakin cam...and the freakin black screen when rotating. BTW: istall an other CAM and the problem is gone... Is it so hard to try something out ?? CamerazoomFx AND FV-5 work like a charm since i tested the first relase (also 003)

I dont have to tell the dev over and over again... goddamn... he knows about it.In my Job,I fix important things FIRST. That CPU and HW Stuff has to be stable and then I care about fixing lower prirority problems. What I wanted to tell is that people should think before they post.. nothing more nothing less.

It was absolutely not meant disrespectful to someone. Just my view on this...It´s not my problem so i wont say something similar again.

Edited by n3ocort3x

Guest Azurael

I kinda like it - at least it's as smooth as the Sense ROMs now. Does it depend on this kernel or can I run Sense kernels? Because frankly, bricked doesn't like my HOX, or is generally rubbish. It makes it hot, and gives me serious issues with charging - under Sense, it claims it's drawing more than the charger can supply - either way it often discharges despite being plugged in, something no other kenel does with a genuine HTC 1A mains charger. However, none of these things are TripNRaVeR's fault, just that fast that he used Bricked kernel as a base.... I'd just like to know before I go to the effort of repacking a boot image.

Gotta say, I've always had the best luck with faux123 kernels on a few devices now, and his gives me by far the best battery life on ARHD. Perhaps that would be a better option.

Edit: Also, if it's not possible to run a Sense kernel, can we at least have a suitably compiled TripnBricked kernel option without sweep2wake. It's horrible.

Edited by Azurael

Guest TripNRaVeR

Gotta say, I've always had the best luck with faux123 kernels on a few devices now, and his gives me by far the best battery life on ARHD. Perhaps that would be a better option.

Faux kernels dont comply with GPL unless he starts complying with GPL his kernels arent and will never be supported.

My new kernel doesnt have sweep2wake anymore. Besides that showp makes awesome kernels and he's a great guy too.

Guest Try4Ce

My quick feedback about build 012:

- InCall Earpiece Volume is back to normal

- InCall Volume still cant be adjusted, but echo issue is completely gone!

- Navigon works like it should. No SD-Card errors, like in the last few builds

- AGPS doesnt work at all. Takes a couple of minutes to lock on at first, but is quick for a second lock on soon after

-- With the App "Faster Fix" it will even show you that AGPS is not defined

- Screen still blacks out before rotation, known issue and I am very positive that Trip will figure that one out soon :)

-- Maybe a redraw issue? Sometimes it happens without rotation, too, like when changing font size

- Performance seems even better than previous builds

- No Data/WiFi issues for me so far

- CPU doesnt get below 340, tho Deep Sleep works like a charm and battery drains very slowly while screen is off

- No Market issues, permission files are all correct. All apps install without issues

- Even to stock camera might glitch out, I have no issues anymore with third party camera apps like Camera FV-5 or Shot Control. In previous builds, the apps would just crash after taking some photos. Not happened since I flashed build 012.

So far, this is a wonderful release. Very stable and VERY fast. This is how the HOX should've really been in the first place. Impressive how Sense UI slows down the device.

Really looking forward to the new kernel!