[11-06] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Endeavor Unleashed | 015

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

Wow. So much work has gone into this! Thanks Trip!

The stock kernel had a million errors now it compiles quite nice (atleast reasonable) and from my point of view adding patches to a crappy kernel is useless. First a stable and battery friendly kernel then performance :)

Guest Azurael

Hi,

first off, good work with the rom.

Is it only me that get bad wifi signal? A few meters from my router and its gone. Had the same problem when i first bought my HOX and it was stock. Got better with different new releases of ROMs. But with this rom it is back.

Tried different kernels.

Otherwise the rom runs just fine on my device.

I thought that was just me going mad... I haven't checked actual RSSI against Sense ROMs, it might just be being indicated differently... But it does seem to have notably worse range than before. Perhaps wrong Tx power set or wrong antenna chains?

Guest rahtrip

you sir are a beast! keep killing it! if you fix the intermittent random reboots, the always on panel backlight and camera issues, then a few beers on me :)

Guest sibbor

The stock kernel had a million errors now it compiles quite nice (atleast reasonable) and from my point of view adding patches to a crappy kernel is useless. First a stable and battery friendly kernel then performance :)

As a developer I must agree, totally. Stability improvements + battery performance is always nice. That makes our beasts really useful. Your kernel will probably be used as base/reference by some developers. Already seen some developers pulled some patches.

Sharing is caring. I'm glad you're keeping the kernel open and helping out. The source code from HTC really needs a lot of attention. Really cool to see so many developers working on delivering improvements.

EDIT: Trip, since you've been digging deep into the kernel code for a while: you seen anything about USB Host/OTG? I heard HTC is planning to add support for this in the future on the HOX. With their dirty fingers I rather do it myself, but I lack the skills on this subject.

Edited by sibbor

Guest n3ocort3x

+1

Guest Shyam_Arc

I tried to set the max frequency to 102 but the phone is no switching it back to 1500. Any thoughts on how to force it into Deep sleep?

Guest Nightranger73
I tried to set the max frequency to 102 but the phone is no switching it back to 1500. Any thoughts on how to force it into Deep sleep?

Find the rogue app that keeps your phone awake. Setting min to 102 doesn't make it enter deep sleep but it could let your phone fall in SoD as it won't have enough power to wake up or to complete requested task while in in deep sleep.

In deep sleep there's no CPU activities, so it doesn't make sense to set it to 102. The system responds to interrupts from timers (wakelock timers) and hardware

Guest Nightranger73

Find the rogue app that keeps your phone awake. Setting min to 102 doesn't make it enter deep sleep but it could let your phone fall in SoD as it won't have enough power to wake up or to complete requested task while in in deep sleep.

In deep sleep there's no CPU activities, so it doesn't make sense to set it to 102. The system responds to interrupts from timers (wakelock timers) and hardware

Playing music or other low CPU tasks in tegra3 could give false deep sleep time on CPU monitor apps because all apps think phone is in deep sleep because they compare the system uptime with the registered active time for the CPU provided by the system but since 5th core isn't detected from system this value is simply wrong

Edited by Nightranger73

Guest h00pyfr00d

sry, but, where I can download last kernel? thx ;)

Front page.

Trip's not released the one currently in discussion yet.

Guest n3ocort3x

Trip i switched yesterday on your Kernel... (yeah i said never touch a running System....xD),runs fine.... No crash, no freeze.... Yeah.... That unused, frequencies but Who cares.... You allready solved this... Looking forward to next. Kernel...

Edited by n3ocort3x

Guest tobiasboon

Good morning!

I literally just registered a few moments ago to say thanks for all the work put into a working version of CM9. It is my ROM of choice (given the choice) and it seems to run wonderfully on the One X.

I have one, hopefully small and easily remedied, problem that has been mentioned previously but it is a deal breaker for me; I use a Sony Ericsson MW600 bluetooth adapter for gym sessions and walking to and from work, but ofc bluetooth media streaming doesn't work on the latest build (at the time of writing 012). The last build I did use as a daily driver was 008 (bluetooth media streaming worked great) but I had the echo problem that a few others were hit with. In the meantime I've had to go back to Sense (ARHD), which is all fine and dandy (after a few tweaks, ultra smooth Rosie, lower auto brightness settings etc) and quite usable but I would obviously prefer CM9 if possible.

If you would consider looking into the bluetooth streaming issue for the next release I will quite happily make a donation towards your work as for me it's at least as good as a hardware upgrade in terms of day to day use.

Again thank you for your work in porting CM9 to this device, after stock Sense CM9 just flies along on the One X, as it should.

Thanks!

Edited by tobiasboon

Guest n3ocort3x

I just had a little bit of time and explored your git... thats truly horrible...xD The source is a mess... (or it was one)... It seems they like to declare variables and do not use it...xD (or whole warnings)...xD

I also saw that you implemented gov lagfree...xD That was my fav gov on cm7..xD Thanks for that...

Edited by n3ocort3x

Guest n3ocort3x

in my opinion It is a daily driver since 010.... as echo was gone it was on my phnoe and will never be off again..xD