[11-06] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Endeavor Unleashed | 015

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest Dreadsteel

same here..on tripndroid rom facebook contacts with phone numbers work but not on this one..

I use an app called haxsync to sync all my fb contacts

It seems that fb sync doesn't work on cm9 cuz on my sgs2 with cm9 nightlies, fb sync doesn't work either.

Guest Alpaone

After updaten hboot to 0.95 and using the stock rom for a couple of hours i had to flash 013 again.

As before: WiFi not working after first boot. Disabled it. Logged into Google Play using mobile data. Turned WiFi back on. Wifi works for a couple minuts and then stopps.

What the serious badword.

EDIT:

With the Stock Rom that included the WiFi Fix I noticed that there is no WiFi Icon in the upper right corner after unlocking it (not sure weather its only after deep sleep). After unlocking the phone it would appear again about 5 sec later..

EDIT2:

I did some more research and seems like the One X disconnects itself from WiFi even due it should be always on as its set in the settings app.

The App "Power Saver Settings" allows access to the hidden HTC power settings but it just crashes using the rom. (Kinda expected)

The method SetAlarmTurnOffWifiDataLink is the cause.

Im not sure about this but someout could try to compile the Settings.apk with this killed.

If this is going to be the fix, why are only some people affected by this?

And btw.. I use 801.11n WiFi WPA/WPA2 PSK. My One X says in the settings that the speed is 58Mbps.

Edited by Alpaone

Guest rahtrip

post-980015-0-24158000-1338090031_thumb.post-980015-0-13337700-1338090034_thumb.

Getting good battery life with CM9, Trips Kernel, No Frills Cpu Control (set min to 102 mhz and max to 1.0 ghz - has no issues with performance), Watchdog CPU Watcher (to let me know if a rogue app is using too many resources in the back ground), Auto Brightness, Easy Battery Defender on Advanced Customized Mode, Avast AntiVirus running in the background...this WORKS for me... heavy-moderate usage today with music listening, temple run, angry birds, youtube, web browsing, email, imdb, facebook, and twitter. Idk why in the screenshot it doesnt show individual apps other than facebook that used the battery. one important thing to understand is that even with screen on time it depends what kind of activity youre doing, if its a cpu and gpu intensive activity then the battery drain will be higher regardless of the screen on time. DO NOT USE TASK KILLERS! THEY ARE THE DEVIL!

Edited by rahtrip

Guest alturismo

Luckily I never had any wifi problems yet, old hboot and new one.

Battery was better while deep sleep worked here,

Now I'm on about 2 hours screen time a day instead 3.

No problems here otherwise yet.

Edited by alturismo

My HOX (013 - 013's boot.img - fully wiped - erase cache - gapps) self-rebooted yesterday.

I wasn't using it at the moment. The screen was on, on the lockscreen.

Is there a way to find what causes the reboot from the logcat ? or by any other mean ?

Guest MeXii

2 times now, my phone have drained battery like hell on the night.

First on 012 (full wipe etc), sleeping in ~8 hours, going from 80% to DEAD.

Tonight, 012 (full wipe etc), around 40%, playing music all day, drained 60% now on ~8h in sleep mode, dead!

Someone else noticed this?

Guest n3ocort3x

I did some more research and seems like the One X disconnects itself from WiFi even due it should be always on as its set in the settings app.

The App "Power Saver Settings" allows access to the hidden HTC power settings but it just crashes using the rom. (Kinda expected)

The method SetAlarmTurnOffWifiDataLink is the cause.

Im not sure about this but someout could try to compile the Settings.apk with this killed.

If this is going to be the fix, why are only some people affected by this?

And btw.. I use 801.11n WiFi WPA/WPA2 PSK. My One X says in the settings that the speed is 58Mbps.

+1 (Thanks for this research). I´m currently away from home but when I have a look into settings apk.

Currently working on a Linux 3.0 kernel also, lets see where this goes ^^

nice to hear...xD

Edited by n3ocort3x

Guest mm79k

Thanks for the great work, the ROM is very smooth and fast. :)

any chance of getting the HTC Media Link HD to work with this ROM?

Guest jeanmarce

Hello everybody I still can not understand why I have as much trouble with the rom v13 v12 works much better as I install the GAPPS :blush:

Guest lrbpereira
Hello everybody I still can not understand why I have as much trouble with the rom v13 v12 works much better as I install the GAPPS :blush:

Mine has the gapps 29/04 on it and no prob what so ever...

Guest Dreadsteel

Mine has the gapps 29/04 on it and no prob what so ever...

Does it matter what version of gapps you flash after install? Even if they are out of date they just get updated in the playstore right?

I've been using an old version of gapps, about 1 month old. I wonder if this has anything to do w/ my bad battery life.

Guest Dreadsteel

Anyone notice that their facebook app is just draining battery like crazy, about 10% everyone 30 min, unless its' killed every time after use?

Guest jeanmarce

I used GAPPS-ics-20120429-signed not worry about why the v12 v13 its not working :angry2: :P

Edited by jeanmarce

Guest lrbpereira

Does it matter what version of gapps you flash after install? Even if they are out of date they just get updated in the playstore right?

I've been using an old version of gapps, about 1 month old. I wonder if this has anything to do w/ my bad battery life.

For your bad battery life you have to investigate what causing that! Install Betterbatterystats and after quite some time after the first time you open that app see in the partialwakelocks what pushing your battery down...

There will be the answer...

And also install cpuspy to see if you are entering correctly to deepsleep cpu scale or not...

Guest lrbpereira

Anyone notice that their facebook app is just draining battery like crazy, about 10% everyone 30 min, unless its' killed every time after use?

I dont use the Facebook app since I´m on ICS, the app is really terrible to the battery, I prefer going to facebook via browser than having battery draining problems...

Same thing with googletalk...

Those two are serious battery eaters.

Guest Chilling_Silence

Perhaps that has something to do with it, I have 20120422 gapps. Will try find 20120429 and see if it improves! Thanks

Guest FrancisFuku

Does anyone else have screen flickering, which is really noticeable on grey with max brightness? (if you want to see, try TweetDeck, you will easily notice if you have screen flickering or not). I'm using 013, and fyi, I did not wipe from 012.

Guest calypso666

Here is some of my findings.

Facebook is a serious battery killer, if u ever need it, set its update interval to never.

Stock camera is problematic. All can be cured by installing camera mx from market (or any other camera app like camera ics, camera effects, pudding camera, retro camera, fxcamera)

Apart from all this, all is well. Flashed boot.img first, then wiped from recovery, installed ics, installed gapps.

Hope this helps.

Guest kerbo

I installed the rom and now the first start has lasted over 30min. I tried to go back to recovery and reinstal the rom but it wont go to recovery. when i push the recovery button, phone just restarts and the cyanogen mod 9 first start demo starts to run...

What should i do now?

Guest n3ocort3x

As mentioned thousand times over nearly 100 pages.. Fastboot ersetzt cache and your recovery will work

Edited by n3ocort3x