[11-06] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Endeavor Unleashed | 015

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest alturismo

cause my latest state is its better to use ramdisk etc from original boot instead the one made for stock ...

may im wrong here ;)

nevermind, i also know it works without repack too ...

Guest TripNRaVeR

Anyone who posts franco kernel in this topic again will be reported!!! I dont want his kang kernel anymore in this topic! No support given to anyone who use it.

Why? Because he kangs all my commits from github without leaving the original author intact. Look at his commits and mine they are all the same. I'm working on a check in the rom now the prevent franco's kernel from booting. I'm done with him.

Guest tobiasboon

Any update on bluetooth media playback working as yet?

Currently using a reskinned senseless custom rom which is pretty nice and works well but would rather have the full CM9 experience if possible just I rely heavily on bluetooth media streaming on a daily basis!

Cheers.

Guest alturismo

Anyone who posts franco kernel in this topic again will be reported!!! I dont want his kang kernel anymore in this topic! No support given to anyone who use it.

Why? Because he kangs all my commits from github without leaving the original author intact. Look at his commits and mine they are all the same. I'm working on a check in the rom now the prevent franco's kernel from booting. I'm done with him.

sorry, wont post anymore, just thought due requests some may like it and wont bother you ...

thanks again for your efforts on this project.

Guest FabioPBX

Any update on bluetooth media playback working as yet?

Currently using a reskinned senseless custom rom which is pretty nice and works well but would rather have the full CM9 experience if possible just I rely heavily on bluetooth media streaming on a daily basis!

Cheers.

+1

that was a deal breaker for me :(

Guest TripNRaVeR

sorry, wont post anymore, just thought due requests some may like it and wont bother you ...

thanks again for your efforts on this project.

It didnt bother me as long as give credit where credit is due. Now he almost kanged 2 pages of commits from my github and only 2 commits have my name on it al the others are "his" told him once that its wrong what he is doing. Now he has gone to far. That is exactly the reason why i dont push my sources to github, people like him kang it and take all the credits for it. Í spend many many many hours on fixing all the warnings and errors from the stock kernel.

Guest MarioMan00

I finally got my WiFi working again!

After being frustrated testing settings and reboots I started screewing around with the settings.. I think disabling a WMM Powersafe fixed the Problem.

So happy now :D

Hi, please say to me, what is WMM?

THX

Guest Juggas

I don´t use his kernel but this is from his change log:

"Some fixes from TripNRaVeR - awesome job be sure to send him a beer or two"

Guest themono

I'm working on a check in the rom now the prevent franco's kernel from booting.

I'm not sure that deliberately crippling your build is going to do anything but push users to the XDA CM9 build.

Guest lrbpereira

TripNRaVer,

Francisco did mention your work on this Kernel, and thanked you and ask to support your work! Think thats the opensource spirit!? What do you whant more? If you are working in a opensource mode, ppl will use your work and you will use the work of the others.

You have to stop focusing only in you being the only dev working on CM9, there is allready a XDA build that is running almost at the same passe than yours, they will have teamwork you will have only your work! For sure you did it for the first time, and the first goog work was yours, but being the only on working in closedsource is voting your build to insuccess.

Why don´t you work with the others improving and fixing what is needed!?

Like themono and other say... you only pushing ppl away!

Asked about 3 or 4 fixed in your rom and you say nothing all the time... Don´t know were you want to go. Look´s like, if you keep on this way, nowere...

Guest manwar25
I don´t use his kernel but this is from his change log:

"Some fixes from TripNRaVeR - awesome job be sure to send him a beer or two"

+1

Guest slvrarrow

Stop being such a baby. Maybe if you'd be less stubborn about others work then your rom would function better. Android looks like it's the wrong community for you. You're self centered and glory seeking, blocking out and criticising others to elevate your inflated sense of how good your own work is. Android is an open community, benefiting from sharing and helping each other. It's not as if you've built a whole os from scratch. Take a lead from the CM team and just get on with devving. They must have hundreds of people 'kanging' their work but they get on with it because of the massive benefit to android and people's phones that their rom brings and the fact for them it's fun and a hobby.

It's not like you weren't credited either.....

Stop being such a whining baby and get on with it, or go dev something else. You're not holier than thou and CM9 will come regardless of your work, and better as a result of community collaboration.

Nob.

Guest FabioPBX

+1

yep I noticed that too.. @Trip I don't think he uses github as THE changelog..

but in any case keep up the good work and please do give us v14 hopefully with BT audio working...

Guest Nightranger73

yep I noticed that too.. @Trip I don't think he uses github as THE changelog..

but in any case keep up the good work and please do give us v14 hopefully with BT audio working...

It doesn't matter because everyone looking at github and reusing those commits will think Francisco made them.

There's no reason in submitting only some commits as Trip's work and not all of them

In open source community you build your reputation this way and these behaviors are unfair

Sorry for my bad English but I hope it's clear enough

Edited by Nightranger73

Guest Alpaone

Hi, please say to me, what is WMM?

THX

WMM Power Safe is apparently a set of features for WiFi networks that help conserve battery power in mobile devices.

wi-fi.org says:

With WMM Power Save, the same amount of data can be transmitted in a shorter time while allowing the Wi-Fi device to remain longer in a low-power "dozing" state. With improved sleep capabilities in the chip and the opportunity to fine-tune power consumption at the application layer, device manufacturers and developers now have a robust framework to improve Wi-Fi power efficiency.

Lnk to the white paper: https://www.wi-fi.org/knowledge-center/white-papers/wi-fi-certified%E2%84%A2-wmm%C2%AE-power-save-support-advanced-power-save-mobile

Guest Azurael

lol. Just because his kernel works properly, unlike yours. Touchy, touchy :P

Still, you're clearly not interested in fixing actual bugs like the fact that the camera doesn't work, the battery life is shocking, voice quality is rubbish along with Wi-Fi reception (I lose ~5-6 RSSI at the same location vs. Sense) and you have to hang up 2-3 times just to get it to end a call, just compiler warnings which are dead easy to fix and make no difference to the compiled binary anyway. Performance is pretty lame given that the device should actually bench _faster_ without Sense ragardless of how little I read into benchmarks. Not to mention the fact that you're not interested in letting somebody who actually knows how fix your device tree, you want all the glory from your kangs (oh wait, you don't use anybody else's code.... Oh, hang on - your kernel is a fork of Bricked anyway.... :P)

I'm not surprised you were banned from XDA, derp. Never mind, there's a community-developed CM9 tree now :)

Edited by Azurael

Guest MarioMan00

WMM Power Safe is apparently a set of features for WiFi networks that help conserve battery power in mobile devices.

wi-fi.org says:

Lnk to the white paper: https://www.wi-fi.or...wer-save-mobile

THX for the description!

I'm looking for the configuration of WMM Power Safe, but i don't find it. Can every body help me to location the config options for WMM Power Safe...

NG

MarioMan

Edited by MarioMan00

Guest h00py

Lol, so much drama. :huh:

People have a huge sense of entitlement. This is Trip's ROM and if he wants to change something about it he's perfectly entitled to. If you disagree with his decision then either move to another ROM or make your own, please don't fill the thread with your butthurt comments.

Anyway back to topic:

THX for the description!

I'm looking for the configuration of WMM Power Safe, but i don't find it. Can every body help me to location the config options for WMM Power Safe...

NG

MarioMan

What's the make/model of your router? We need to know this if you want us to help

Guest MarioMan00

What's the make/model of your router? We need to know this if you want us to help

oh, i misunderstand this. i thought the settings of WMM Power Safe are on the phone. i have the signal quality problems not on one router/access point. it's a general problem of the phone wlan or rom/boot.img. with stock htc rom or another phones are the quality perfect.

here my original post:

http://www.modaco.com/topic/353715-25-05-rom-cyanogenmod-9-endeavor-unleashed-013/page__st__1800#entry1962323

in my office i am use an access point from Linksys WAP54G.

at home i use a router also Linksys WRT54G.

ng mario

Guest h00py

oh, i misunderstand this. i thought the settings of WMM Power Safe are on the phone. i have the signal quality problems not on one router/access point. it's a general problem of the phone wlan or rom/boot.img. with stock htc rom or another phones are the quality perfect.

here my original post:

http://www.modaco.co...00#entry1962323

in my office i am use an access point from Linksys WAP54G.

at home i use a router also Linksys WRT54G.

ng mario

Go to http://192.168.1.1 and login to your router. If you've never done this, look for instructions that came with your router or do a google search to find the default username and password

There should we a wireless QoS section in your router's settings page with a setting for "WMM Support" which can be enabled or disabled.

Here's a picture for reference:

http://sw.nohold.net/Cisco2/Images/17223-001.png

Hope this helps ;)

Edited by h00py

Guest Alpaone

Btw.. Disabling WMM Powersafe did NOT fix signal quality!

Im not saying it does not for you, but for me it only fixed WiFi not working on my phone at all.

Guest FabioPBX

It doesn't matter because everyone looking at github and reusing those commits will think Francisco made them.

There's no reason in submitting only some commits as Trip's work and not all of them

In open source community you build your reputation this way and these behaviors are unfair

Sorry for my bad English but I hope it's clear enough

hmmm... fair enough im all in for credit due..

Guest TripNRaVeR

lol. Just because his kernel works properly, unlike yours. Touchy, touchy :P

Still, you're clearly not interested in fixing actual bugs like the fact that the camera doesn't work, the battery life is shocking, voice quality is rubbish along with Wi-Fi reception (I lose ~5-6 RSSI at the same location vs. Sense) and you have to hang up 2-3 times just to get it to end a call, just compiler warnings which are dead easy to fix and make no difference to the compiled binary anyway. Performance is pretty lame given that the device should actually bench _faster_ without Sense ragardless of how little I read into benchmarks. Not to mention the fact that you're not interested in letting somebody who actually knows how fix your device tree, you want all the glory from your kangs (oh wait, you don't use anybody else's code.... Oh, hang on - your kernel is a fork of Bricked anyway.... :P)

I'm not surprised you were banned from XDA, derp. Never mind, there's a community-developed CM9 tree now :)

You really have no clue about open source oh well you are a nobody so nevermind