[11-06] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 - Endeavor Unleashed | 015

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

I have found the cause the of the issue (simple dôh!) but no clue how to solve.

The new htc ril is designed for sense :(

Sense has a new "feature" to enable/disable mobile data via a switch in the settings menu, BUT they disabled it by default. You enable it by selecting mobile/wifi in the setupwizard.

Now that seems not so strange, and that wouldnt be strange when HTC uses the normal commands but NO they have a custom way to enable the mobile data.

Decompile framework res from sense 4 and you see, yes here is the bug again, bluetooth(!) and wifi(!) are enabled by default ONLY all the other connectivity options are disabled. The htc ril listens perfectly to the htc commands to switch mobile data on. Now our logcat is complaining about a missing process ERR yeah wtf its a sense process.!!?!?!

And because it cant find it then it thinks BLEH disable and so on and on and on till its retarded from on/off and then it thinks well the hell with it i enable myself (or not!)

So we need a solution to tell mobile data is ON with the htc commands... anyone?

Guest deadsmile

Why can't they make things easy :angry: I don't understand why they just can't give us an AOSP way to boot the phone, they surely have it for testing purpose before adding their 400 MB of Slow s***load... Give the people some choices (or at least respect the GPL...)

Guest TripNRaVeR

I found another thing

There is code that tells RIL to use bluetooth we need to find the code that tells RIL to dont use bluetooth

Its the code i have in build.prop when you remove the code the RIL completely stops working! LOL HTC what where you thinking :(

Guest sumeshd
I found another thing

There is code that tells RIL to use bluetooth we need to find the code that tells RIL to dont use bluetooth

Its the code i have in build.prop when you remove the code the RIL completely stops working! LOL HTC what where you thinking :(

They were thinking that they are making phones for secret agents lol..damn htc

Guest spacebar2011

Oh well.. HTC at it again! What have they been trying to prove? That they're so much smarter and can do things in interesting (but screwed up) new ways?

Darn apes at HTC - leave the thing alone.. and you'll have much happier customers!

Guest DynamicLynk

So far so good, no data issues. Mine connected right away, I am also running 1.29 firmware (US - AT&T unbranded). I did have an issue booting into recovery after flashing, erased cache with fastboot, all good.

Guest leventc

So far so good, no data issues. Mine connected right away, I am also running 1.29 firmware (US - AT&T unbranded). I did have an issue booting into recovery after flashing, erased cache with fastboot, all good.

I have installed 1.29 and now trying hope it can work well like yours

Edited by leventc

Guest Abaregi

Thanks for the work and great progress!

I have a problem when trying to

"fastboot erase cashe"

erasing 'cashe'...

FAILED <remote: not allowed>

finished. total time: 0.055s

Phone just boots up normally however i try to get into recovery, and i can't seem to be able to erase the cashe.

Any ideas?

Guest leventc

After 15-25 times of toggling bluetooth from status bar data is working well.

Edited by leventc

Guest DynamicLynk

Thanks for the work and great progress!

I have a problem when trying to

"fastboot erase cashe"

erasing 'cashe'...

finished. total time: 0.055s

Phone just boots up normally however i try to get into recovery, and i can't seem to be able to erase the cashe.

Any ideas?

Is your boot loader unlocked ?

Guest Abaregi

Is your boot loader unlocked ?

Yeah, through HTC Dev.

Been running Leedroid previously and waiting for some AOSP goodness to be released :)

Have not had any problems with the recovery before. I flashed the boot.img and installed ROM as usual, don't know why it's acting up :)

Edit

Just saw i got a slightly different error now:

from

to

FAILED <remote: 000000004>

Edited by Abaregi

Guest debichu

Another user pinging in with data issues. It took me 6 hours and almost half a battery to get a stable connection.

Also, GPS isn't working for me, but is it related to the Sense framework and the switch thing? I hope we can solve this.

All in all, a very nice ROM. This is what I've been missing :)

Guest deadsmile

@ trip : any news about a possible fix for data ?

When will you update your other roms with the camera fix ? (and will we have to wipe everything when we update ?)

Thanks for your hard work mate :)

Edited by deadsmile

Guest Abaregi

That error appaears when you are in hboot not in fastboot, select fastboot with power key and try again

Yeah it's strange i actually tested both to be sure

I get the previous errors in Fastboot USB

and i get

"FAILED <command write failed <Unknown error>>

if i do it in hboot.

**EDIT**

It is now fixed, i don't know how, but i found an automated script program that did it for med..

Here it is if anyone else is having the same problem:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1620755

nr 8 in the meny "erase cashe"

Edited by Abaregi

Guest DynamicLynk

Okay All was well, even after reboot, but after restoring all of my apps with TiBU , I went to recovery and wiped cache and davlik, and fix permissions so CM9 ICS would optimize all the Tibu restored apps. Now I am getting the data issue, maybe just coincidence

Guest ptr_hamilton

Is it because you spelled cache incorrectly?

The script would have had it spelled correctly?

Haha should have seen that. This is the solution certainly :D