HD 720p Playing!!

Guest felystar

Guest felystar

I recorded an .mp4 video with a Samsung Wave and sent it to my Monte Carlo. It is an mp4 file in 720p HD. I opened the video with android built-in video player and if I change the time of the video I can moreless see the video, like screenshots. Then I downloaded Movoo Video Player and its necessary codes and opened the video. I can hear it perfectly but video playing is a bit flickering. But this means that our Skate can almost playback HD videos so I think maybe as we got flash player for our device we would get this working. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Guest hugobosslives

as above the res of the skate is 800x480.

720p (or HD Ready) means at least 720 horizontal lines in widescreen ratio. i.e 1280 by 720

therefore even if you play a 720p file it will only be able to draw the frames at 480p max anyway.

long story short. there is

a ) no point and

b ) cant happen anyway

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest Redstarr1

Yes that would be completely pointless.. If you want to play that file more fluently you could clock your phone higher. But not much point on a phone with a 480p resolution.

@razzmataz: Doesn't HD Youtube work then?

Guest felystar
Yes that would be completely pointless.. If you want to play that file more fluently you could clock your phone higher. But not much point on a phone with a 480p resolution.

@razzmataz: Doesn't HD Youtube work then?

I overclocked it up and its a little bit faster but not much. Also I installed from XDA a youtube app wich allowed you to play HD videos on youtube and I got the HD tag but it never loaded.