usb drivers help

Guest feckineejit

Guest feckineejit

Hello everyone, i copied Paul's rooting guide and have successfully rooted the phone (hopefully) as it shows the superuser icon on the phone, then with the help from achromic (Cheers m8) i managed to install Seb's cwm using the bootloader method, i then tried to connect to adb to have a look around and maybe remove some stuff, but my adb does not seem to find my phone, this is what adb says: http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/4570/adbnotfindingphone.jpg does anyone know what might be wrong, am i missing some drivers, if so which ones and does anyone know where i can find some? Thanks for any help :)

Guest feckineejit

Hi

Go into

settings, applications then at the very bottom development

Make sure USB debugging is ticked

Yes thats ticked :(

Guest dbaseii

Yes thats ticked :(

Take a look in system devices to see if there's any yellow exclamation marks when you plug in the usb cable

Guest Davidoff59

don't the DLL files have to be put in your sdk working folder, think its program-files in the sdk?

That's what had to be done going by a windows guide I used. Your adb file gets put in there also automatically I think.

Guest feckineejit

What DLL files do you mean David? Also the only folders i have in my Program files are "Handset Windriver" folder and "Driver Tools" don't have a sdk working folder. There is files in them that download drivers, but as i said my adb still cant see the phone, and still get no problems in device manager,

Guest warwound

I have exactly the same problem here.

Rooted and installed ClockwordMod, USB debugging is enabled but the device is not detected when USB is plugged in.

ADB shows no devices connected and trying to install an app i'm developing with Basic4Android shows no device connected either.

The G300 doesn't show the 'USB debugging connected' message (at top of screen) that my ZTE Blade shows by the way.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and Device Manager shows no drivers installed for 'Android Adapter':

android_adapter.jpg

Next i installed the G300_Handset_WinDriver.exe package and in the taskbar it said driver successfully installed, click for more info.

I clicked and it confirmed driver was installed then proceeded to check online for any updated driver.

After that it said driver NOT installed!

Any ideas..?

Guest warwound

Next i installed the G300_Handset_WinDriver.exe package and in the taskbar it said driver successfully installed, click for more info.

I clicked and it confirmed driver was installed then proceeded to check online for any updated driver.

My mistake - i'm now pretty sure it didn't originally say driver successfully installed.

I've removed the Device Manager entry (right click > uninstall) a few times, rebooted my G300 a few times, rebooted my PC a few times and uninstalled and reinstalled the driver package.

Still no USB debugging enabled.

Guest warwound

LOL...

After typing and sending my last post my G300 now shows 'USB debugging connected' - the icon on the top of the screen is there.

BUT on my PC neither ADB nor my development apps can detect it.

Device Manager still shows no driver installed for 'Android Adapter', a restart of the ADB service didn't help either.

Guest Davidoff59

Are you all starting in bootloader mode, and not recovery mode?

Blue screen recovery mode

huawei logo stays on bootloader mode

Feckineejit, the guide I followed on xda shows 2 ....DLL files being created when the adb drivers are installed, which was done by starting the phone in bootloader mode, plugging into PC and the drivers installed automatically. The 2 .DLL files were then moved manually to the program-files section within the sdk program itself.

I will post screen shots later of what I have in those program files.

Im new to it but adb worked for me. There are people with a lot more experience and I am unsure why they don't respond. This issue has come up a few times and its still not resolved.

I know this forum is pretty quiet at the moment and questions going unanswered was one of the reasons why I decided not to replace my G300. I suppose that's the problem with buying a new phone at the start, all the answers have to be found and written.

Guest Simon O

I have exactly the same problem here.

Rooted and installed ClockwordMod, USB debugging is enabled but the device is not detected when USB is plugged in.

ADB shows no devices connected and trying to install an app i'm developing with Basic4Android shows no device connected either.

The G300 doesn't show the 'USB debugging connected' message (at top of screen) that my ZTE Blade shows by the way.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and Device Manager shows no drivers installed for 'Android Adapter':

android_adapter.jpg

Any ideas..?

Try forcing the driver to install. Open device manager, right click the Android Adapter then select properties

Click driver tab then press Update Driver. Select "Browse my computer for driver software" then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". Then press "Have Disk"

Click browse then go to the location where the Huawei drivers got installed to "for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Handset WinDriver\Driver\X64" (there is an X86 folder for the 32bit drivers too). Press OK

the list of drivers should now show. Select the driver and Windows may complain that the driver is unsigned. Just say OK to this so windows uses the driver and it should be OK.

I do not have this device yet but I had similar issues with other Android devices and forcing the use of the driver like this worked.

Guest warwound

@fibblesan

Tried that already a couple of times and just get a message that no suitable driver could be found.

I pointed Windows to the 64 bit driver and to the main 'drivers' folder - with search sub-folders checked both times.

Same result - no suitable driver found.

Guest feckineejit

Thanks David, looking forward to seeing the pictures to see if i've done something wrong, but i don't think i have, i think i know the 2 files you mean, they had to be removed from platform tools to tools folder. the first time i put Paul's clockwork on the phone the other day the adb seen my phone, but couldn't remount. I managed to get Sebs clockwork recovery onto my phone then as well, but adb wouldn't remount. So i started from scratch again downloaded Paul's CW then Sebs CWR all went ok and installed, but adb still can't see the phone. I have the drivers installed because the computer went through the process to install them and told me everything was installed and ready to use, but still can't connect. i even forced the drivers as Flibblesan said to try. I'm stumped with this one :wacko:

Guest warwound

I've still had no luck getting the ADB debugging connected over USB, but have a solution that works for me...

I installed ADB WiFi from Google Play.

Then on my computer from a command line i enable the ADB debugging connection over wifi using the command:

adb connect 192.168.?.?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest warwound

I'm still trying to get these USB drivers installed.

I started up a VMWare virtual PC running 64 bit Win 7 and the virtual PC installed the drivers first time no problems.

The files listed in Device Manager for the G300 on the virtual PC are all present on my 'real' PC yet it fails to install.

If i point the Device Manager to my C:/Windows folder it says device recognised but specified file not found so that's better than the previous messages.

Anyway after some Googling i read a post that said that some people have problems with USB drivers if they have Logitech stuff installed...

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse- i wonder if that's the problem.

Can i be bothered to uninstall them on the off chance it might fix the G300 driver issue - and if it did fix it i'd have to get new non-Logitech keyboard and mouse.

Guest timfimjim

I'm still trying to get these USB drivers installed.

I started up a VMWare virtual PC running 64 bit Win 7 and the virtual PC installed the drivers first time no problems.

The files listed in Device Manager for the G300 on the virtual PC are all present on my 'real' PC yet it fails to install.

If i point the Device Manager to my C:/Windows folder it says device recognised but specified file not found so that's better than the previous messages.

Anyway after some Googling i read a post that said that some people have problems with USB drivers if they have Logitech stuff installed...

I have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse- i wonder if that's the problem.

Can i be bothered to uninstall them on the off chance it might fix the G300 driver issue - and if it did fix it i'd have to get new non-Logitech keyboard and mouse.

Hmm it sounds like a big effort to me...

Do you have access to another computer that you could use? It should be literally a 10 minute job to get them installed. I think that's what I'd try. Let me know how you get on :)

Guest warwound

I could try my netbook i suppose but i really need to have the adb debugging bridge working on my main computer - for software development.

Having adb working on another computer won't be any use.

Guest warwound

Well i've gone and messed things up completely now...

I decided to uninstall my working ZTE Blade drivers to see if that would enable the G300 drivers to install - it didn't.

Next my ZTE Blade drivers would now not re-install.

I followed the instructions to fix USB driver problems here: http://www.sevenforu...x-problems.html

That didn't help.

I removed all ZTE and Huawei drivers using the instructions here: http://technet.micro...y/cc730875.aspx

Rebooted and started again.

Still the ZTE Blade and G300 drivers fail to install, my previously working Vega now fails to work.

And worst of all the ADBWiFi solution which previously worked fails too.

I have no devices that can now be used for Android development.

I'm now gonna clean install Windows and hope i can get my ZTE Blade, G300 and Vega all working.

Guest warwound

Right...

A clean install of 64 bit Win 7 and USB debugging now works again on both my my ZTE Blade and Vega.

I installed the G300 Handset WinDriver.exe package before plugging my G300 in.

Enabled USB debugging on my G300 and plugged it in to the USB, the drivers installed no problems at all!!

BUT (!) when connecting to the G300 with my development software i get an error:

Unable to open log device '/dev/log/main': No such file or directory

I had a google for that message: https://www.google.c...=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 and see other Huawei owners have had similar problems.

An XDA post suggests starting the service menu and enabling USB debugging.

Funnily enough i remember when i first got my G300 (before trying to use USB debugging) and was reading this forum that someone posted the service menu code and i opened the service menu and definitely had a look at the debug options...

I bet i inadvertently disabled debugging!

Anyway i still can't get USB debugging to work but feel that i am very close to a solution - just gotta restore the service menu settings that i must have previously tampered with.

Guest warwound

Yeah it's working - USB debugging on my G300 at last.

I entered the service menu by dialing *#*#2846579#*#*.

Selected 'ProjectMenu' then 'Background setting' then 'Usb ports setting'.

Google mode was already selected - the radio box next to it was enabled.

Anyway i clicked it again and a message box prompted me to reboot to apply the change.

A reboot later and it's all working.

The original problem must have been because i tinkered in the service menu not knowing what i was doing when i first got my G300.