Bootloader

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

My HTC One X AT&T model is, I believe, a retail spec unit, yet I get the 'MID error' when trying to unlock on HTCdev, which as I understand it is 'you're not allowed to unlock devices from this carrier'.

Have you managed to unlock your device? Rogers devices unlock I believe, but i'm trying to get a report of a AT&T retail device unlocking!

Mine is running software version 1.73.502.1, hboot version 1.09.0000 (locked, S-ON obviously).

I hope it's just mine!

P

Guest endursa

WTF, sorry to be a little off topic, but as i own a One X european edition, i am angry at HTC for restricting flashing boot.img from recovery, and usb access (adb and mount storage)

but if wouldn't be at least able to do the S-ON Unlock i would not buy the device or bring it back 100% sure!

Edited by endursa

Guest Kenneth Pennington

Paul,

I also got an MID error for my review unit. That means either:

A) HTC blocked review units from the unlock program.

B) The AT&T one isn't available for unlock yet

I'm leaning towards "A" since the Rogers ones already unlocked.

On a side note, could you give the exact commands you used to extract and repack the boot.img from the Endeavor? We've been trying to unpack and repack a boot.img for the Evita one and we're having no success with flashing.

Thanks,

Kenneth

Edited by Kenneth Pennington

Guest Kenneth Pennington

The Endeavor and Evita boot images are completely different and incompatible.

P

Yeah we know that. But, we were thinking you can probably use the same commands to unpack and repack the two. How did you unpack and repack the Endeavor boot.img? Which perl scripts, etc?

Guest PaulOBrien

You can't use the same commands to unpack / repack them.

I'll grab an Evita boot image today and make it insecure then post here for you to try.

P

Guest Kenneth Pennington

Here's a test superboot image folks!

P

Paul, are you willing to share the commands you used to unpack and repack this boot img?