Incompatible Games - Can They Be Made To Work On The OMC?

Guest MadeInMachines

Guest MadeInMachines

Is it possible to somehow trick the OMC into playing games that are apparently incompatible with the ZTE Skate / OMC. I know flash was supposed to be incompatible with the omc yet courtesy of this forum I now have flash player installed and bbci player on my OMC. Do certain roms allow all games to be played? Is it possible to update my android version to the latest - would that make them play? I can't seem to install lets golf 2 or lets golf 3 to work even though lets golf 2 installs, downloads all the data then doesnt work, and lets golf 3 installs but then checks and says i'm missing some files. Seems to be mostly with gameloft where problems arise. Is it software or a hardware issue and can the hardware be emulated if necessary or is there just a lack of power with the omc?

Thanks

Guest utternoob

Most of the time it is lack of power. Not sure about hardware emulation, but really all it is down to is the CPU and GPU, which because the OMC is a budget phone compared to the big ones, it gets a slower processor, and most game loft games are ARMv7 whereas we have ARMv6

Guest hugobosslives

yer changing that makes a few of the older gameloft games to work.

note: you need to change the line and then completely reinstall the apk and all download files again.

but alot of the games simply will not run as we don't have armv7 architecture or the raw gpu power.

Guest tillaz

yeah, if you want the latest games and apps on your phone i would try selling the skate for £70+ and getting the huawei g300 for £100

Guest razzmataz1478

It sounds like the game is not downloading adreno data. If you can open the apps then they are armv6 compatible

Guest MadeInMachines

Change manufacturer in build.prop to HTC.

What does that mean - how do you do it?

I dont think it's worth changing my phone over really. I've very happy with the skate. The Huawei looks pretty good though! What's the difference in power? Is it have ARMv7?

Guest hugobosslives

go to /system

open the file build.prop in a root editor (such as es file explorer or es file explorer)

and change the ro.product. manufacturer=ZTE to HTC

save and reboot and follow above steps

and yer G300 is armv7 which is alot better gaming wise. ony 100 quid atm