Batch/automated app installation from market

Guest Fabrizioso

Guest Fabrizioso

Hi,

this is not a Blade specific topic but I guess it is the right place for it.

I am as most people here changing the ROM on the Blade quite frequently and besides that I also use other phones and change their ROMs.

What annoys me is to browse through the market and install my favourite apps again. I am using Titanium backup as well but first it requires root which is not always an option and also it does not always work well, especially when trying to restore a backup on a different phone model.

Thus, I am looking for a convenient way to just automate the installation of apps from the market. My requirements would be

- create a list of installed apps on a phone

- move this list to another phone via microSD or USB

- launch a batch installation of the listed apps from Google market/Play

- if possible all that without the need of a rooted phone

I have some ideas beyond that but this would be the basic tasks.

Do you know about any app that can do that? Alternatively some script executed from a USB connected PC would also work as fallback.

Thanks for your ideas,

Fabrizio

Guest karololszak

Maybe try AppBrain - it's like an alternative Market (I will use the old name ;P). It creates list of your apps and stores it on their servers (connected with your Google Account). After you change your ROM, you can go to their site and re-install all the apps from there (web installer, just like on market). I think you have to go through every app, but better check it for yourself. Root is not required.

Guest targetbsp

The root requirement is to backup and restore data so if you only want to do apps then presuming you can find a suitable app it should not be a requirement.

If you do have root, Titanium should work well enough as long as you only do user apps and not system apps/settings. Though some apps on the market have device specific versions which may trip you up.

Appbrains web installer hasn't worked for me since the market became play.