Stock / B884 / B886 difference reports

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FrankieADZ

I'm currently flashing them and will produce a full difference list when i've done so as well as file dumps. :)

P

Brilliant :)

now who wants to annoy Huawei or Vodafone enough for them to release ICS then? ;) lol

Guest PaulOBrien

Strange, installed the vendor file then dumped all the partitions and the contents haven't changed. Wut?

P

Guest PaulOBrien

wow, maybe its just to fix the sound issue. :wacko:

havent to agree...seems a little strange

It clearly sets a flag somewhere and does some config, just not on /system or /cust that I can see!

P

Guest dittohead

I've flashed the B886 as per the instructions in the file download, all working fine. One question, does this block the gaping security hole that the Voda ROM had?

Guest paulus22

Since these are Huawei ROMs, can you confirm that I can do the update directly from an unrooted stock ROM. If so, then I will go B886 this evening.

Thanks.

Guest dittohead

Since these are Huawei ROMs, can you confirm that I can do the update directly from an unrooted stock ROM. If so, then I will go B886 this evening.

Thanks.

Yep, that's what I did.

Guest dancg

Yep, that's what I did.

mmm.. and what if you have already rooted the default ROM and then you go B886. Do you have to root it again?

Guest Frankish

I already got it by installing the stock voda rom flibblesan uploaded and then restoring my nandroid. But cheers mate ;) Wake me up? What time do you think it is I've been at work ha ha.

Guest dittohead

I've flashed the B886 as per the instructions in the file download, all working fine. One question, does this block the gaping security hole that the Voda ROM had?

Shameless bump of my question here, I love tech, but am paranoid (OCD running of ccleaner & eraser on my personal PC's on a very regular basis).

Although I have my G300, I have not yet signed in with my gmail account (or put a live SIM in there either), due to Paul's concerns in this topic:

Although I have basic tech smarts (I was able to follow the instructions in the word document Huawei provided in the B886 ROM), I have 0 clue when checking the comparison between the stock ROM & the B886 ROM on this link:

http://content.modaco.net/dropzone/u8815-stock-886.htm

So before I pop in a SIM & log in with my gmail details, did Huawei block the hole that Paul found?

Guest putbinoot

I knew Paul found a hole but I have no idea what it was or what it let the outside world see could someone say what this security issue is, not that it's stopped me using the phone.