Team Win Recovery for Huawei U8815/Ascend G 300

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Sebastian404

Heres my first port of Team Win Recovery Project 2

Dont have much time today, so here is a very make do post, that I'll update later..

openrecovery-twrp-2.1.2-hwu8815.img MD5: 5e3e2ad5534ddd404f745e22d740d67e

openrecovery-twrp-2.1.2-hwu8815-update_signed.zip MD5: 18f6d17715c23a5e33f0e9fa6f5bc99e

The same method of installation etc as Clocwork Mod, check out that post for more details.

Also, if you have Clockwork Mod Recovery already installed you can use the update.zip to switch it, and visa versa.

Guest FrankieADZ

nice :)

I have to admit I'd never heard of it before,(had to google it then watched a few Youtube Vids on it)

Do you think this is better than CWM imo?

Guest FlatPackPete

As soon as the phones charged I'll give it a go. Cheers mate :)

EDIT: All went well flashing the image with fastboot, This is loads better then CWM, especially as the G300 version has tiny text that can be hard to read when your getting tired.

If like me you installed the B884 or B886 rom and found SU has gone then you can flash the zip on this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1538053 and get it back.

Edited by FlatPackPete

Guest Sebastian404

Can i just put this on sd card and flash using clockwork recovery or rom manager?

yes, use the update.zip file as if it where a ROM. the same goes for the update.zip for Clockwork Mod if you hate it and want to go back

Guest Sebastian404

Do you think this is better than CWM imo?

It's different... It's more 'noob' friendly.. and considering I had a number of people who could work out which phycialy key to use to select menus in CWMR I'm hoping nice big buttons to press are going to be better for some..

The good thing too, if I can get it accepted as an offical build, it will make it even easier since you'll be able to flash it directly from GooManager, That's all good

Guest Frankish

Never tried this so today is the day I will. Keep going seb we love you :) Oh and has anyone put some pressure on Huawei for any form of source? Is the touchscreen still buggy in this or working fine?

Guest Sebastian404

The problem I was having was to do with Multi Touch, the kernel presents 2 touches, and the recovery code drops the first touch and uses the 2nd one.. which means when your only using 1 finger....

Im not sure if thats on purpose or not, since I dont have any of the 'offical' supported devices I cant test it out, but I have posted the modified code on github.

Guest FlatPackPete

Oh and has anyone put some pressure on Huawei for any form of source?

Yup, there responce was

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Sorry about that accord to the keep secret criterion we cannot afford the source code to you.

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device

Best Regards

Huawei Device Customer Care Team

I don't know about you, but I think google translate had a lot to do with the awful grammar :P

Edited by FlatPackPete

Guest Simon O

Yup, there responce was

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting Huawei device.
Sorry about that accord to the keep secret criterion we cannot afford the source code to you.
Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device

Best Regards
Huawei Device Customer Care Team
[/CODE]

I don't know about you, but I think google translate had a lot to do with the awful grammar :P

It's OK. Huawei always say this because the person answering the emails thinks we are after the Android source code. The kernel code is always published but can take a few months :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've wanted to try the TeamWin recovery for a while because mashing the volume keys each time I use CWM bugs me, and I must say I'm impressed and think I be staying with TWRP. :D

Thank you!

Guest abcshady

could you add uk time zone to it please?

It's there, you just need to go to settings>time zone and scroll up to GMT :)

Edited by abcshady

Nice recovery!

It really is! I've been playing about with it and the fact they have a file manager directly in the recovery (advanced > file manager) is genius. :ph34r:

Edited by Hpez

Have you tested that nandroid backups recover successfully using it? (Bad experience with it on another device)

Give me 2 mins and I'll test it for you.

Edit: Seems to work fine - I deleted a few apps and then restored from a nandroid backup and the apps are back/working and everything seems stable as before. Of course, mileage may vary but it looks all good from here.

Edited by Hpez

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you I'll be sure to check it out. The old version had issues installing certain ROMs and updates, hopefully this version addresses that.

Guest Sebastian404

Thank you I'll be sure to check it out. The old version had issues installing certain ROMs and updates, hopefully this version addresses that.

you know which ROMs?