UK Orange Atrix, Rooted, Unlocked but RAM Advice needed

Guest JonnyAtrix

Guest JonnyAtrix

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can help me here? I've Sim unlocked my Atrix, Rooted and Unlocked the Bootloader with the IHOP.sbf but now have the low RAM problem.

I have seen threads on XDA regarding the fix for this issue but I am still on 2.2.2 firmware and not sure the exact way to go about this? I was just going to flash a new custom rom with Romracers Clockworkmod but not sure if this is possible without the Ramfix?

I did a Nandroid backup with CWM but now going back into the Android Recovery and hitting volume up, it goes to an exclamation mark screen with Android mascot and sits there. I have even found threads that say to hit both volume up and down at the same time at that screen but that doesnt do anything. I have reflashed CWM which brings it back again but I had performed another backup and upon trying to get back to recovery, this problem has returned.

I'm wary of doing anything now as I don't want to wipe the system and cache to try to install a ROM, find it doesnt work and not be able to get back into Clockworkmod! *EDIT - Well I'm guessing I'll still be able to use fastboot command and flash CWM again in this instance if all goes wrong...?*

I'd really appreciate it if anybody can help me out...

Jonny

*2nd EDIT - OK so I took an educated decision and reinstalled the latest stock clockworkmod rather than romracer's version (I'm not saying that was having any adverse effects regarding the bootup but I've never experienced any troubles on other devices with stock CWM) I then wiped data, wiped cache and dalvik cache for good measure, then went straight to install my zip of Redpill Hybrid V1 RC which was complete in under a minute, rebooted the phone from the main menu and the Redpill ROM booted in about a minute for the first boot just fine. Checking the RAM reports I have 815Mb Total and 500 odd Mb free so I guess this method works just fine without doing the IHOP International fix procedure first.*

Edited by JonnyAtrix

• 2 months later...
Guest hydo1

*2nd EDIT - OK so I took an educated decision and reinstalled the latest stock clockworkmod rather than romracer's version (I'm not saying that was having any adverse effects regarding the bootup but I've never experienced any troubles on other devices with stock CWM) I then wiped data, wiped cache and dalvik cache for good measure, then went straight to install my zip of Redpill Hybrid V1 RC which was complete in under a minute, rebooted the phone from the main menu and the Redpill ROM booted in about a minute for the first boot just fine. Checking the RAM reports I have 815Mb Total and 500 odd Mb free so I guess this method works just fine without doing the IHOP International fix procedure first.*

The reason this has worked for you is that most ROM's now come with the Intl RAM fix in them (in fact the new version of pudding does too).