How do I set up an Access Point Name for 3 Mobile Network?

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

Hello, I am new to these forums. Have been following this section quite closely. :)

I've got a question regarding setting up APN for 3 Mobile Network.

Here's the problem I am facing. I bought the Huawei Ascend G300 mobile phone from Vodafone store. And I also unlocked my 3 sim card from ebay. Now 3 network is working.

But I can't access the internet through 3 network. Before that with the Vodafone simcard this was possible.

The problem is that the mobile phone itself does not have the APN settings. Looking at my mums Samsung Galaxy Ace and my dads HTC Explorer both bought from 3 I went to the APN and can see that there's already an access point called 3 with the APN setting three.co.uk password and username is blank.

MMSC: http://mms.um.three.co.uk:10021/mmsc

MMS proxy: mms.three.co.uk

MMS port: 8799

MCC: 234

and so on...

The trouble I am having is that on the Huawei Ascend G300 I have no way of setting up those settings in order to connect to the three mobile internet. Despite the fact that I have selected the 3 Network Operator from the Mobile network settings. It seems that I have to connect to the Access Point and input those details.

But when I do go to the Mobile network settings---> Access Point Names it is blank with a black page and does not give me an option to create an APN! :blink:

How do I solve this problem in order to connect to the 3 Pay As You Go mobile network?

Has anyone else found a solution to connecting to the 3 or any other network?

Thanks.

Guest BLaZiNgSPEED

Thank you very much! I just figured it out and finally after much struggle I managed to get the phone to connect to the three mobile network! I almost lost hope but in the end it worked out!!! :D

For anyone who bought the Huawei Ascend G300 from Vodafone and wants to connect to the 3 mobile network (assuming that you also unlocked your phone) here's what I had to do. This was slightly different to the original settings of both my mums and dads APN settings.

Name: 3

APN: three.co.uk

Proxy: <Not set>

Port: <Not set>

Password <Not set>

Username: <Not set>

Server: <Not set>

MMS proxy: mms.um.three.co.uk

MNC: 20

IP Version IPv4 and IPv6

Authentication type: <Not set>

APN type: <Not set>

So here's the thing you need to change. Initially on my dad's APN Type was an asteric (*) this didn't work for me. On my mum APN type it said internet + mms + dun that didn't work either. So what I did was remove that and just left it blank. And immediately upon saving changes the internet got connected!!! :D I couldn't believe my eyes, the green H appeared at the top indicating that it got connected. :D

For mobile network operator (3) select Hutchison 3G UK Ltd 3G or Select automatically.

Anyone else suffering from similar frustrations, do what I did and it will work!!! :D

Edited by BLaZiNgSPEED

• 6 months later...

Thank you very much! I just figured it out and finally after much struggle I managed to get the phone to connect to the three mobile network! I almost lost hope but in the end it worked out!!! biggrin.png

For anyone who bought the Huawei Ascend G300 from Vodafone and wants to connect to the 3 mobile network (assuming that you also unlocked your phone) here's what I had to do. This was slightly different to the original settings of both my mums and dads APN settings.

Name: 3

APN: three.co.uk

Proxy: <Not set>

Port: <Not set>

Password <Not set>

Username: <Not set>

Server: <Not set>

MMS proxy: mms.um.three.co.uk

MNC: 20

IP Version IPv4 and IPv6

Authentication type: <Not set>

APN type: <Not set>

So here's the thing you need to change. Initially on my dad's APN Type was an asteric (*) this didn't work for me. On my mum APN type it said internet + mms + dun that didn't work either. So what I did was remove that and just left it blank. And immediately upon saving changes the internet got connected!!! biggrin.png I couldn't believe my eyes, the green H appeared at the top indicating that it got connected. biggrin.png

For mobile network operator (3) select Hutchison 3G UK Ltd 3G or Select automatically.

Anyone else suffering from similar frustrations, do what I did and it will work!!! biggrin.png

thanks was efffing about for hours .. till i found this post :D