Vodafone 945 - 2.2 - 2.3 - MIUI and 4.0.4 ROMS

Guest cuttysark76

Guest StaryMuz

I use CM 7.2 ROM By Curious Mind.

I edited it differently and now I have a problem: "The process has stopped unexpectedly android.process.media."

Not helped by a complete wipe and reinstall.

- Perform a complete wipe of Clockwork 4.0.1.5 and SD format.

- I will even format the boot, system, data cache

- Install the original ROM By Curious Mind.

- Reboot

ROM and load the wake of the reports mentioned error.

Do you have advice what to do?

EDIT:

It makes a mistake only in CM 7.2

With Android 2.1, 2.2, or CM 9 is not a problem.

EDIT2:

The error is in the new file boot.img

This happens when the whole ROM installed after the wipe and then not run APPS.

Edited by StaryMuz

Guest cuttysark76

Patched ROM Cyanogen 7.2.0 By Curious Mind, available at first post, Includes:

Multitouch

Overclock

Wifi Patch

Thank you Curious Mind!!!

Edited by cuttysark76

Guest cuttysark76

How can I turn the Proximity Sensor Calibration permanent? I loose it every time I reboot the phone.

However, just need to start the Terminal App, and hit "su" first and after "ztesensortest -c", to recalibrate it...

Guest HLopes

How can I turn the Proximity Sensor Calibration permanent? I loose it every time I reboot the phone.

However, just need to start the Terminal App, and hit "su" first and after "ztesensortest -c", to recalibrate it...

Didn't work for me, but i guess my sensor is busted.

Can you post the output of that command? Here's mine:

*** Settings before calibration ***

CONFIG_GET - rv = 0

calibrate_target = 300000l

als_time = 27

scale_factor = 1

gain_trim = 25

filter_history = 3

filter_count = 1

gain = 1

prox_theshold_hi = 415

prox_theshold_lo = 332

prox_int_time = 246

prox_adc_time = 255

prox_wait_time = 255

prox_intr_filter = 0

prox_config = 0

prox_pulse_cnt = 16

prox_gain = 32

Calibrate - rv = 0

*** Settings after calibration ***

CONFIG_GET - rv = 0

als_time = 27

scale_factor = 1

gain_trim = 25

filter_history = 3

filter_count = 1

gain = 1

prox_theshold_hi = 430

prox_theshold_lo = 344

prox_int_time = 246

prox_adc_time = 255

prox_wait_time = 255

prox_intr_filter = 0

prox_config = 0

prox_pulse_cnt = 16

prox_gain = 32

To save the output of the command just use " ztesensortest -c >> /sdcard/sensor_test.txt " and it will be saved in a file onto your sdcard (if you have one).

E quanto ao zoom da camera e o ecrã cortado? Também tens?

( And what about camera zoom and screen cut? Do you suffer from that too? )

Guest cuttysark76

I only suffer the crash problem with the camera. Zoom is better and no cut image ...

Be sure to approach and step away your fingers to the sensor during the calibration process.

Try the sensors app Curious Mind suggested

Guest cuttysark76

My sensor txt:

*** Settings before calibration ***

CONFIG_GET - rv = 0

als_time = 27

scale_factor = 1

gain_trim = 25

filter_history = 3

filter_count = 1

gain = 1

prox_theshold_hi = 876

prox_theshold_lo = 700

prox_int_time = 246

prox_adc_time = 255

prox_wait_time = 255

prox_intr_filter = 0

prox_config = 0

prox_pulse_cnt = 16

prox_gain = 32

Calibrate - rv = 0

*** Settings after calibration ***

CONFIG_GET - rv = 0

als_time = 27

scale_factor = 1

gain_trim = 25

filter_history = 3

filter_count = 1

gain = 1

prox_theshold_hi = 829

prox_theshold_lo = 663

prox_int_time = 246

prox_adc_time = 255

prox_wait_time = 255

prox_intr_filter = 0

prox_config = 0

prox_pulse_cnt = 16

prox_gain = 32

Guest Curious Mind

The camera hang-ups aren't consistent... Sometimes i can take 10, 15, sometimes it hangs on the second.

It can be just a feeling, but i think it doesn't hang that much when camera settings is set to 3MP.

Can you please elaborate on the fix for the camera preview zoomed issue?

Also, any clue on the screen dislocated and cut when rotated to 180º / 270º ?

@HLopes

Which camera app are you using ? for me stock app freeze/crashes at 3rd or at most 7th snapshot. But I havent experienced any freeze/crash with Camera360 app (since it is a free app, I recommend trying it -for now-) Please try Camera360 and if you could report your experience it would be valuable.

The previous kernel caused camera preview to look zooomed, this was corrected in the current kernel.

Screen cut issue is only happens rotating phone to right side, I don't know what is causing that but I am planning to look at it (in the future).

Light sensor, but (in my case) proximity still does not. Although in hindsight, I remember that even in stock ROM I had issues with accidental "put call on hold". I gained the habit of turning of the screen after dialing because of it. So could be that my sensor is malfunctioning from the start... I might just do a quick check this afternoon with a stock ROM. (Edit: Confirmed my proximity sensor never worked a day in its life... LOL Like I said, light is working as expected after patching)

Also, after applying the patch I get some splitseconds of green screen when rotating. (Edit: Seems to be a small lottery when booting. Sometimes I'll always get the green frames, in others no green frames at all)

Please try the AndroidSensorBox test app (as Cuttysark76 said ) if it still doesn't work you may be right (about your prox sensor hw being faulty). I haven't experienced green frames you mentioned. Did anybody else experience this issue ?

I use CM 7.2 ROM By Curious Mind.

I edited it differently and now I have a problem: "The process has stopped unexpectedly android.process.media."

Not helped by a complete wipe and reinstall.

- Perform a complete wipe of Clockwork 4.0.1.5 and SD format.

- I will even format the boot, system, data cache

- Install the original ROM By Curious Mind.

- Reboot

ROM and load the wake of the reports mentioned error.

Do you have advice what to do?

EDIT:

It makes a mistake only in CM 7.2

With Android 2.1, 2.2, or CM 9 is not a problem.

EDIT2:

The error is in the new file boot.img

This happens when the whole ROM installed after the wipe and then not run APPS.

@StaryMuz

You do a factory wipe (format data/cache) install a fresh rom, even format the sdcard and still get errors: interesting! only thing that comes to mind is that you probably partitioned your sdcard before (for using it with link2sd) and something in that second partition might be causing the issue you mentioned. Please do check that.

@cuttysark76

You can try proxycal.zip from http://code.google.c.../detail?id=3955 although I haven't tried it I looked inside the zip contents and it should work with joe cm 7.2.

Lastly, this rom is not *my build* , only thing i built is the kernel which I built from modified blade kernel source. Other files come from the raise rom harock provided and blade cm rom.

Lib files especially lib files interfacing the hardware should be compatible with kernel but since we currently do not have our own lib files some libs are probably not completely compatible with kernel: for example cm-blade libcamera uses a different kernel header (although it should have used the same -> since kernel src came from blade). I still do not have all the resources (mostly a hard disk big enough) to compile the cm. If I do compile it myself (and I plan to) then I would have more control over this matters.

Guest fatih312

FLOOR HAS BEEN PROGRESS ROM

Rom download. http://www.mediafire.com/?5uxt3wc13tzachd

Working:

-Sounds

-Google apps

-App installing

-Multilang

-Overlock

-Gsm services

-Multitouch

Doesnt work

1.Brightness

2.Camera

3.Drmserviceforced to close.Market download is I need to write adb shell, emülatör.

Home key fix: http://www.mediafire.com/?9r4n9g4w9qdp53x

Sleeping Mode, power does not work FİX: http://www.mediafire.com/?8584ruu6r15ki38

Guest NOCamus

Hello to everyone!!!..

I'm new here and I made an acount here just to say that I am using the Cyanogenmod 7.2.0 By Curious Mind and it's working perfectly!!..

Didn't crash a single time and its fast and smooth!!

GPS and WIFI are working perfectly!!

Multitasking doesn't cause overheat and switching between apps works pretty well. Tested with 3 apps (game/GPS/music player).

Overall it's a great rom and you can even OC up to 844MHz.

I feel I have a new phone!!!..

Congrats and Thanks!!..

Guest StaryMuz

@StaryMuz

You do a factory wipe (format data/cache) install a fresh rom, even format the sdcard and still get errors: interesting! only thing that comes to mind is that you probably partitioned your sdcard before (for using it with link2sd) and something in that second partition might be causing the issue you mentioned. Please do check that.

Error was for the previous boot.img.

Now it does not exist.

Link2SD there was no reason, Ext partition was also formatted.

The problem is no more.

I modified ROM. Your boot.img

http://www.4shared.c...945_CM7_CZ.html (multilanguage)

Edited by StaryMuz

Guest bart2010

Has anybody have noticed a problem with the compass sensor.

It has everytime hi values and the compass apk is pointing North randomly, example, if you turn around 360º it shoul point the North to the same place...

but it does not... :huh:

I tryed several programs from market to test this...

Guest marklangdon

Please try the AndroidSensorBox test app (as Cuttysark76 said ) if it still doesn't work you may be right (about your prox sensor hw being faulty). I haven't experienced green frames you mentioned. Did anybody else experience this issue ?

My proximity sensor was definitely busted from day one. Since I never knew of its purpose/use when I got the phone, I just figured the screen had to be manually "shut off" as safeguard during calls.

The green frames problem has since gone away. Probably some fluke issue that had nothing to do with your ROM specifically...

Thanks for all the great hard work.

Guest marklangdon

Has anybody have noticed a problem with the compass sensor.

It has everytime hi values and the compass apk is pointing North randomly, example, if you turn around 360º it shoul point the North to the same place...

but it does not... :huh:

I tryed several programs from market to test this...

Now that you mention it... Yes, there seems to be some issues with that also...

Guest debids

Hello everybody!

I need your help, i am trying to install the Cyanogenmod 7.2.0 By Curious Mind but i am have lots of problems.

I instal the z4root to get superuser permitions, then i installed the titanium backup and backup every aplication, everything fine here.

Then i used the rom manager i the fisrt problem was detecting my device in flash clockworkmod recovery, it doenst i zte joe on the list!

The second problem was when i used the "backup current ROM" its reboots the phone and freezes the screen in the hourglass

When i tried to install the rom from sd card, it does the some thing!

I figured out the problem is the recovery, i cant go there using rom manager, or pressing the down button turning on the phone!

Please help me, i am sick of the 2.1 rom i REALLY want a new rom!

Thanks

Guest cingibi

Hello everybody!

I need your help, i am trying to install the Cyanogenmod 7.2.0 By Curious Mind but i am have lots of problems.

I instal the z4root to get superuser permitions, then i installed the titanium backup and backup every aplication, everything fine here.

Then i used the rom manager i the fisrt problem was detecting my device in flash clockworkmod recovery, it doenst i zte joe on the list!

The second problem was when i used the "backup current ROM" its reboots the phone and freezes the screen in the hourglass

I figured out the problem is the recovery, i cant go there using rom manager, or pressing the down button turning on the phone!

Please help me, i am sick of the 2.1 rom i REALLY want a new rom!

Thanks

not require z4rooot apps Cyanogenmod 7.2.0 By Curious Mind rom is already rooted

Guest debids

i dont need z4root? i stil have the original root, but i cant go to recovery mode...

i tried to restore factory setting but its reboots the phone and freezes the screen in the hourglass

Guest cingibi

i dont need z4root? i stil have the original root, but i cant go to recovery mode...

i tried to restore factory setting but its reboots the phone and freezes the screen in the hourglass

Press power key >> Reboot >> recovery >> ok

then phone reboted cwm recovery easily

Guest Curious Mind

Hello everybody!

@debids

You might have (probably) flashed an incompatible recovery through rom manager. Please read instructions from http://www.modaco.com/topic/331765-recovery-clockworkmod-recovery-for-zte-joevodafone-945/ .

If you have rooted yor device I recommend using "recovery manager" from the link above and install one of the recovery images supplied.

Guest debids

@debids

You might have (probably) flashed an incompatible recovery through rom manager. Please read instructions from http://www.modaco.co...oevodafone-945/ .

If you have rooted yor device I recommend using "recovery manager" from the link above and install one of the recovery images supplied.

Thats what i did! And it worked! thanks a lot ;)

Guest HLopes

Giving 7.2.0 a spin and at first

- Camera lockups more frequent now ( on first pic, even with low-res settings )

#EDIT: Stock camera app works muuuuuch better if you turn off flash :D

- Proximity sensor is recognized as Taos, but doesn't work

#EDIT2: Changed from "Waiting for values" to a chart, but values are static (R:5 G:0 B:0)

- Light sensor values are static

#EDIT2: Not anymore, they're slooowly changing.

- Compass is still messed up (or maybe magnetic poles have shifted :D )

#EDIT2: Still the same, but i guess it was already busted

- Screen cut at 180º/270º still present

Will keep postin' on more stuff i stumble upon

Don't know if i've already said it, but nice work. The whole phone feels way snappier now.

Edited by HLopes

Guest fatih312

ICS 4.0.4

Rom download. http://www.mediafire...vvv5jixehaaamga

Working:

-Sounds

-Google apps

-App installing

-Multilang

-Overlock

-Gsm services

-Multitouch

-Proximity sensör

-All Sensör

Doesnt work

1. Sleeping Mode, power does not work

2.Camera

3.Drmservice forced to close.Market download is I need to write adb shell, emülatör.

Home key fix: http://www.mediafire...9r4n9g4w9qdp53x

Sleeping Mode, power does not work about help please ?

Edited by fatih312

Guest cuttysark76

ICS 4.0.4

Just installed ICS 4.0.4 (9.0.0) for the first time.

It's still a few steps behind 7.2.0

It isn't ready for everyday use but it's quite interesting...

Worked for me

GSM

Touchscreen

Didn't Work for me

Proximity Sensor

Auto rotation

Camera

General Impression

Does't appear to have hardware acceleration

Laggy

Random Reboots

Didn't enjoy the UI.

I would classify it has an Alpha Version

Sleep Mode has 5 values available to edit in build.prop

pm.sleep_mode=0 -> Power Collapse Suspend

pm.sleep_mode=1 -> Power Collapse (Provides best power savings)

pm.sleep_mode=2 -> Apps Sleep

pm.sleep_mode=3 -> Slow Clock and Wait for Interrupt

pm.sleep_mode=4 -> Wait for Interrupt

Not sure if it helps...