My Phone Number unknown

Guest Camobat

Guest Camobat

Hi All

Can anyone hlep me with this issue :mellow:

i have just moved to GiffGaff network , and if you go to settings about phone "MY PHONE NUMBER IS UNKNOWN " i think be cause the Sim doesnt contain the number it doesnt show up in status

i have just tried My Phone Number by Lytsing ( marketplace app ) no joy !!

(ZTE Skate- SKatie 2.4 by Ceco )

I have attached screenshot of issue , any help would be great ! :D

post-977686-0-68715700-1336476914_thumb.

Guest hugobosslives

if your on cm7 you can set it in the call settings somewhere

can't quite remember where but it was somewhere in

settings > call settings > then have a look through the options

Guest Camobat

Hi thanks for the info

1) *#100~ dont work !

2) yes my orange sim works ok , It must be Giff Gaff Sim issue

3) I heard CM7 is adjustable , at the moment im using SKatie 2.4 by Ceco , do we know what makes this adjustable , could it be installed on SKatie 2.4

Same old question In your option which is the best ROM ???

Guest Frankish

The my phone number app should work. I've used it before to add in the giffgaff numbers. Although not on that particular rom.

Guest Voxpop2011

I was irritated by this problem following unlocking and moving to Vodafone so I Googled for an answer, which I posted here. Anyway, here is a solution that worked for me, although it does depend on your having access to an older 'smartphone'. Remove your giffgaff sim card and place it an older phone. Nagivate to settings, and the number field. If there is nothing there, type in your giffgaff number and SAVE. Remove the sim card and return to your other phone. Your number should now appear in the 'My phone number' field.

Edited by Voxpop2011

Guest radiodaze

I had this exact same problem with my Skate. My banking apps didn't work because they couldn't identify me. When I ran the 'my phone number' apk in Skatie I got an install error (but you do in many ROMS). In the end I used my wife's unlocked San Fran/Blade and downloaded my phone number and ran it from there. I popped in my SIM and added the phone number, which now shows u in Skatie 2.4 and works perfectly. Interestingly I rang o2 and despite my call being elevated to an o2 guru they denied that the phone number even existed on the SIM (it didn't on my o2 UK SIm but by default IS visible on my Irish o2 SIM!) they even said there was no room for it. I ignored them, did the above and it all works. Voxpop2011 is correct but it's a pig if you don't have a phone. I wouldn't try changing your ROM as you'll probably be no better off and Skatie is really nice anyway.

I hope this helps, Good luck.

R

Guest the juggernaut

im having this problem as well only im using the standard orange sim and (currently) running atomicmod R10

Guest Voxpop2011

im having this problem as well only im using the standard orange sim and (currently) running atomicmod R10

If you happen to have a drawer full of discarded mobiles, you could try my solution with one that is not too old. As I said, I used an LG Viewty mk1, but I don't think it needs to be anything that old as long as you have access to the number field in settings and can edit it.