Flash .. bbc??

Guest Daniel Meah

Guest Daniel Meah

Does this phone have flash and willl bbc iplayer work on it? Someone please confirm

And is it worth upgrading from a ZTE Blade/ZTE Crescent?

Guest feckineejit

bbc iplayer works on this phone, don't know anything about zte crescent but i've had my SF from the day they came out and was happy with that. i've still got it but g300 is my daily phone now :)

Guest Daniel Meah

Okay cool thanks;. Also can anyone confirm a presense of a HSUPA chip? downside to the blade was the lack of HSUPA (Fast upload speeds)

Guest punjabi

Hi Daniel

Just to add to the above you'll need to install Flash from Google Play as well but this is straight forward!! (No crack needed)

Guest RussellS

As it happens I've just been watching 'Have I Got News For You' on BBC iPlayer on the G300. Just download the iPlayer app and Adobe Flash both from the Android market and away you go. No cracks needed.

Guest dragpyre

Okay cool thanks;. Also can anyone confirm a presense of a HSUPA chip? downside to the blade was the lack of HSUPA (Fast upload speeds)

Yup, this phone does Flash natively, and BBC iPlayer works excellently with no stutters; I have watched Have I Got News For You, Doctor Who and Russel Howard's Good News on it so far.

Also, as for HSUPA, yes it does have it, speeds up to 5.76Mbps :)

Guest Daniel Meah

Yup, this phone does Flash natively, and BBC iPlayer works excellently with no stutters; I have watched Have I Got News For You, Doctor Who and Russel Howard's Good News on it so far.

Also, as for HSUPA, yes it does have it, speeds up to 5.76Mbps :)

Is this something youve confirmed or just read somewhere? (The HSUPA) i realy need to confirm this asap,

Guest dragpyre

If you have one you can test it, Download the speedtest.net app and run a test. if it passes 300-400K you have HSUPA Also pings will be lower.

I don't live in a 3G area, so wouldn't be able to confirm till I went to work tomorrow morning.

Guest Davidoff59

Most networks restrict upload speeds to prevent peer to peer sharing and the like. One way of testing it would be on wifi I imagine. Take the network provider out of the equation and you will know for certain.

Guest dragpyre

Upload 346kbps. Only ran one test.

387 on second test.

Kilobits or Kilobytes?

If its bytes, that should be HSUPA should it not?

Guest Frankish

Its set to test in bits.

Set it to test in kilobytes and it come out at 41....

Edited by Frankish

Guest Daniel Meah

Most networks restrict upload speeds to prevent peer to peer sharing and the like. One way of testing it would be on wifi I imagine. Take the network provider out of the equation and you will know for certain.

Only t-mobile and sometimes vodafone do this (And orange) and no that wont be a way of testing. as wifi is completely different to 3G..