skate ????

Guest favod

Guest Voxpop2011

is anyone else becoming put off on the skate ? i'm seriously beginning to look at other phones lol

No, I am still happy with mine, although I have gone as far as I intend with it in terms of rooting and unlocking. I had thought about applying a custom rom, but there are now too many and I don't know which of them is 'rock solid'.

Edited by Voxpop2011

G300 all the way for me,its Armv7 and from what I have seen better camera and definitely better video recording,there is video on YouTube of g300 playing modern combat 3 perfectly so gaming performance is good,official ics coming soon,and based on the price to specs ratio its an even better bargain than the blade or skate.

Dont get me wrong I love the skate and the amazing community,but the g300 has better specs for same price.

Edited by Guest

Guest Anthony1989

Skate is a great phone don't get me wrong. I bought my misses one after I sold mine! Great devs here and helpful community. I still come here and I now have the g300

Guest Anthony1989
G300 all the way for me,its Armv7 and from what I have seen better camera and definitely better video recording,there is video on YouTube of g300 playing modern combat 3 perfectly so gaming performance is good,official ics coming soon,and based on the price to specs ratio its an even better bargain than the blade or skate.

Dont get me wrong I love the skate and the amazing community,but the g300 has better specs for same price.

You won't be disappointed once you play with it either! Pure briliance

Guest wrtease

well I've been using my xperia x10i and have had the skate twice and would say the g300 is my next arm7 mobile.it will suit me with the 4inch screen like the xperia. arm7 is the way to go.thats my opinion.

You won't be disappointed once you play with it either! Pure briliance

Mine comes monday :D

Always excited about new android,I am like a big kid(a 33 year old one)

And I have a feeling the G300 is going to be a big hit,bigger than the blade was.

it does look like it will be a big hit.been following the forum about it

Very early days.

The only reason the blade was big was because it was the best budget android available,and now the g300 has that position

But to be honest,it does not bother me,as long as there is a good community like skate,and a few custom roms,I am a happy camper :D

Edited by Guest

Guest wrtease

well at least I wont have to wait for unlock as. its been easy with the g300 compaired to when I did my skate.when I had to let everyone no that it was unlocked. I remember. all the people waiting to see if it was true.now its as easy as 123 brilliant.will get one soon and use it like any other I've had try everything it can handle at it.

Guest TouchyAndalou

No, I am still happy with mine, although I have gone as far as I intend with it in terms of rooting and unlocking. I had thought about applying a custom rom, but there are now too many and I don't know which of them is 'rock solid'.

AtomICS is the most stable I've tried, and I've tried most of them. There's a new version supposedly due soon, so I'd suggest waiting for a few days after that's released to see if any bugs are reported, and if there aren't any problems, give it a try. I don't know too many users who after trying a custom ROM return to stock, if any.

Guest crnadakm

One of (many) disadvantages of living in my country is small phone market. I had to order my Skate from abroad because here you can chose between HTC, Samsung and SE and that's it when it comes to android, also the phones are more expesive then in EU (about 20% more) When I got it I was and still am very happy with it, it suits all of my needs.

When all said and done I would like to have amoled screen, better video recording and built quality but I paid 130 Euros for it, while SGS2 costs 400E today.

Also gaming could be better but come on, GT5 works like a charm on my PS3 so phone gaming ... :ph34r:

It's a great phone (considering the price it gets amazing) and people here are just awesome.

Guest favod

im not complaining about the community or the developers out of all the phones ive ever owned the skate has the best backing of any community its just the handset that is pissing me off mainly because it had a spaz and deleted over 5000 pictures of me my son and my girlfriend and i cant get them back no matter what

Guest Redstarr1

im not complaining about the community or the developers out of all the phones ive ever owned the skate has the best backing of any community its just the handset that is pissing me off mainly because it had a spaz and deleted over 5000 pictures of me my son and my girlfriend and i cant get them back no matter what

Everyone's got to learn the hard way someday that you have to keep backups if you don't want to lose something. Okay your phone spazzed, but that you lost those photo's isn't just the phone's fault... Don't know how it happened, but it probably could've happened if you had any other phone.

Too bad it happened though. Sure you can't get them back? There are always traces left if something digital gets deleted.

@crnadakm: An SGS2 costs €400 in Belgium as well, probably even more. Never seen it in stores for less than €500. So if it costs 400 in Bosnia, it's not more expensive than in EU. Not in Belgium anyway.. (but my country is more expensive than most neigbouring countries though)

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest crnadakm

Everyone's got to learn the hard way someday that you have to keep backups if you don't want to lose something. Okay your phone spazzed, but that you lost those photo's isn't just the phone's fault... Don't know how it happened, but it probably could've happened if you had any other phone.

Too bad it happened though. Sure you can't get them back? There are always traces left if something digital gets deleted.

@crnadakm: An SGS2 costs €400 in Belgium as well, probably even more. Never seen it in stores for less than €500. So if it costs 400 in Bosnia, it's not more expensive than in EU. Not in Belgium anyway.. (but my country is more expensive than most neigbouring countries though)

SGS2 was a stupid example, but phones are more expesive here. Also, most of phones here were bought somewhere in EU on a network, then unloced and smuggled here - Smuggled to avoid paying 20% customs :D

My Skate was bought that way...

If you want to buy a new phone with a warranty then you're screwed.

Bying a phone via contract started just recently and trust me, you're better of without it ...

This is one of my favorite examples:

http://www.mtel.ba/p...cts/Telefon/65/

That is Nokia N8 or our network, If you had L package like I do, for buying a New N8 you should pay 749 KM or 375 Euros and then you are obligated to pay 10Euros per month for the next year !

Isn't that just wonderful ?

I'm off topic :D sorry

Edited by crnadakm

Guest Voxpop2011

AtomICS is the most stable I've tried, and I've tried most of them. There's a new version supposedly due soon, so I'd suggest waiting for a few days after that's released to see if any bugs are reported, and if there aren't any problems, give it a try. I don't know too many users who after trying a custom ROM return to stock, if any.

Thanks for letting me know. Do I have to muck about with TPTs or anything else arcane?