8 inch dual core ICS tablet for 120 dollars.....

Guest hugobosslives

Guest hugobosslives

So I know this isn't exactly skate related but meh there's nothing on digilink that I can find on modaco and I know alot of skate users are interested in tablets so here goes....

So I was just aimlessly browning the web when I came across this new 8 inch ICS tablet that digilink say they will be giving a wholesale retail price of just 90-100 dollars which retailers will then sell for $120.

Obviously the first thing I thought was it will be one of those Chinese hunk of crap tablets with a 1GHz A8 single core processor with crap build quality.....

But here this out:

1.2GHz Boxchip A10 processor (dual core)

Mali 400 GPU

512MB of RAM

4GB NAND flash storage

8-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen with 1024 x 768 pixels

microSD card slot up to 32GB.

11.9mm thin

5600mAh battery

Mini-USB

Mini HDMI

Camera: 2mp back and 0.3mp front (I know thats crap but I have never taken a picture on our hp touchpad. You only really need front on tablets for skype etc as you will have your phone for other shots)

Check out a quick vid: (if no flash (i.e on phone) go to youtube and type in "digilink 8 inch"

[media=]

doesn't look to bad huh? No idea on availability so if anybody has any info please share.

Got to say tho, this is the first time a cheap tablet has sort of interested me......

I think the model number is DI-807H but don't quote me on that....

Thoughts?

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest Redstarr1

1024x768 isn't 720p (which is 1280x720). The screen has a 4:3 aspect ratio, so that's not very interesting for watching video's. And as you can see, there are quite a lot less pixels than with a 720p screen.

Also, never heard of a "boxchip a10" processor (the successor of the Cortex A9 architecture is the A15). Some Google searching reveales it's actually a Cortex A8 chip, and I'd be very surprised if that's a dualcore, I don't find any trustworthy sites talking about A8 dualcores. So that makes this tablet not very different from other cheap Chinese tablets.

Edited by Redstarr1

Guest hugobosslives

1024x768 isn't 720p (which is 1280x720). The screen has a 4:3 aspect ratio, so that's not very interesting for watching video's. And as you can see, there are quite a lot less pixels than with a 720p screen.

Also, never heard of a "boxchip a10" processor (the successor of the Cortex A9 architecture is the A15). Some Google searching reveales it's actually a Cortex A8 chip, and I'd be very surprised if that's a dualcore, I don't find any trustworthy sites talking about A8 dualcores. So that makes this tablet not very different from other cheap Chinese tablets.

yer sorry agreed on the 720p bit. i scan read it and must have assumed a 1366*768 16:9 ratio instead of the 4:3 768 screen it has.

but (apparently) the a10 is an upgraded a8 with a second core and paired with the mali gpu. no where near an a15 but what were you expecting for 120 dollars?

Edited by hugobosslives

Guest tillaz

Looks good, $93 she said in the video... if that translated to about £65 and the reviews are good I might get my kids one